Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

 
Shops!

#1
They're happening, for starters (because otherwise why have points?)

The question is - how should they be run?


Going off older systems, I'm proposing this lose structure:


BBS General Store
- shop buying item
- profile base stuff (e.g. users can buy fancy usertitles or change the starts or name changes, etc). Limits may be needed on how often one can buy these items.
- event running stuff (e.g. right to run Mafia games or whatnot)
- general silly stuff. This include sentret with flamethrower, the box, etc.

People's own stores: has whatever they want (within reason of course)

Shop for the yet unnamed Game System
- buyable pokemon, maybe eggs too (cheaper but randomised with what you get?)
- items
- other stuff specific to the system



What else? Anything specific? Post away!

Also can have the system of members who make icons/whatnot for the general store get points as a thank you as well, on that note.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D
Reply

#2
Question - with the usertitles, are you talking about paying for the privilege of a custom user title? Because I'm okay with that, but currently that's still a free option so it's a bit of a moot point?

Idk, just if you are going to make people pay for that then turn it off sooner rather than later? :P

Other than that I like all of the other ideas, and the only thing I can think to add is detail.

- For event running, I think it should be a one time license type thing. That way you can throttle the amount of games that are running and it won't stop everyone from just buying the licence and never using it.

- I also like the idea of posts = money for the game, but a limit should be put on that as well to prevent unbalancing. Certain items (Rare candy?) should have limits if they exist at all, for example! If new Pokemon are also going to be a reward for completing rp threads, then a throttle or a very high price should be put on buyable ones, too. You don't want to be undermining the game with any buyable stuff, basically. (/obvious, but I feel like it should be written down anyway!)

- Also also, I am skeptical on the idea of user owned stores. I feel like there should be pretty strict guidelines on pricing (or a tax implemented either or), lest we end up with a Training Center situation where someone creates a service everyone abuses.

(Irrelevant to anything I've said but with the new donate feature I could see SHADY BACK ALLEY DEALINGS happening and it just makes me giggle.)

- Finally, I just did have an idea! I know there was talk about 'alt' characters and the like for the game, so why not be able to buy extra character slots? It could be a conditional purchase (you have to have so much time on your first character to apply, limit of three etc), but that would be a possible solution to that dilemma, right?
Catfish
Reply

#3
Quote:Question - with the usertitles, are you talking about paying for the privilege of a custom user title? Because I'm okay with that, but currently that's still a free option so it's a bit of a moot point?

Idk, just if you are going to make people pay for that then turn it off sooner rather than later? :P
Could actually be for stuff like fancy usertitles (coloured text, etc); ie extra usertitle customisation . Need to check how possible that is though for these forums, though.
Quote:- For event running, I think it should be a one time license type thing. That way you can throttle the amount of games that are running and it won't stop everyone from just buying the licence and never using it.
Makes sense.
Quote:- I also like the idea of posts = money for the game, but a limit should be put on that as well to prevent unbalancing. Certain items (Rare candy?) should have limits if they exist at all, for example! If new Pokemon are also going to be a reward for completing rp threads, then a throttle or a very high price should be put on buyable ones, too. You don't want to be undermining the game with any buyable stuff, basically. (/obvious, but I feel like it should be written down anyway!)
Yeah, getting the balance for that when the game is closer to starting shall be its own thread in the section I imagine. Certainly needs to be not-cheap.
Quote:- Also also, I am skeptical on the idea of user owned stores. I feel like there should be pretty strict guidelines on pricing (or a tax implemented either or), lest we end up with a Training Center situation where someone creates a service everyone abuses.
I don't think users can add their own things to a shop; rather an admin would need to do it for them on request. As such I suppose it would be a mod-approved system in what people add and how much one can pay for said item (especially if it's related to the game itself).
Quote:- Finally, I just did have an idea! I know there was talk about 'alt' characters and the like for the game, so why not be able to buy extra character slots? It could be a conditional purchase (you have to have so much time on your first character to apply, limit of three etc), but that would be a possible solution to that dilemma, right?
Sounds like a potentially good solution there. =)
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D
Reply

#4
Fancy usertitles would be cool, I guess. And I'm posting here to say that we should all get a free box. Because Marcin said to. :p
EDIT:
adding some stuff:
Show ContentSpoiler:

Not saying that they're necessarily the best of ideas but they are ideas :p
[Image: tumblr_m6hd8jjbxc1qmo1ubo1_400.gif]
Inventor of the Shoop smiley
Reply

#5
Well, unless there's objections to the general gist of the above then I'll start setting the general store up in a couple days (or someone else can first =p).
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D
Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)