Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Pokémon Phoenixart

...yes!

uuuhhh so most of what I do these days is Sugimori-style fakemon for my silly fakedex site; might post a few of those later, I guess? Right now I guess I'll start with some of my tablet practice stuff, primarily done using a program called MyPaint. (The sketches are usually done on paper, save for the most recent ones at the bottom which I did sketch in MyPaint itself.)

Show ContentBlaziken:

Show ContentInnocuous Blue Log:

Just linking to this next one to comply with this particular forum's request to not eat into their bandwidth by hotlinking it (and also hey, if you've got a slow connection then at least this one won't contribute to the thread loading time!): go away Nihal

This un's from an RP forum with lots of really nifty fakemon (none of them my creations, before you ask). The large dragony fellow is a marake, a water/dragon-type I've been using for the better part of my current adventure over there; his name is Eridanus, and he's usually a pretty chill giant scary sea monster guy. I guess he's not feeling too chill at the moment, though, because apparently he is currently attacking my plusle, Nihal (whom you can kinda-sorta-see if you squint and turn your head). No, don't worry, my plusle is a jerk. I'm sure she deserves it.

The background is halfassed, but I wasn't trying to make it pretty, so.

Show Contentgo horsie gooooo:

Comments and criticism more than welcome, by the way!

Yay?
Altered Origin
fanart, fanfics, fan rambles and assorted random crap

The Phoenixdex
so many fakemans aaaaaaa halp

Wow, these are amazing. I love your style and how it's a little bit sketchy, if that makes sense. It gives the drawings a sort of water color flair, which I really enjoy in both digital and traditional art. Plus, despite the arguably un-polished look of the lineart (which I personally prefer to super-polished, actually), you haven't really held back on the details, which is always commendable.

In the last picture, the water is also completely amazing. I want to learn how to digitally paint water like that *_* You seem to have a really good grasp of colors and shading. And I can't really come up with any critical comment on what you should improve, so there.

Awesome work. Looking forward to seeing you post more things! :3
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Agreed with Anni, and disagreed with your notes about not being able to draw water; looks pretty good to me! Then again I wouldn't know the first thing about that, haha.

The Blaziken is great with the colouring and also the active pose there; I do karate so I guess I like seeing the such though. At any rate that kick is fairly decently done. And the Pidgey/Feraligatr picture is pretty amusing as well. I think you portrayed those expressions quite well.

And how you did that Keldeo picture in under three hours is also darn impressive. o_o Also looking forward to seeing more. (And on that note you should add these to the fandex so it gets some love again. =p)
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D