Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Artist Training Ground - BBS Style!

Hey all! Your friendly neighborhood Latios here! It's the BBS' birthday today, and that means we're gonna be starting a week of daily art and/or writing exercises to help you improve your skills (and generate a lot of cool stuff)!

So here's how this works:
1. I post a prompt or two.
2. You have 24 hours to write, draw, paint, craft, or otherwise create a piece of art relating to that prompt. You can have up to three entries if you're feeling especially adventurous!
3. You post what you've made right here in this thread!

The idea is to be creative, have fun with the prompts (strict interpretations are definitely NOT required), and ultimately become a better artist! Commenting on and critiquing other people's work is heavily encouraged.

The prompts will appear in a new post every day. Remember to check back!

Prompt for Day 1: feature a blue pokémon/feature a watery pokémon!

Aaaand to start things off, have a wailord!

Show ContentSpoiler:

Neat touch with the Wailord there, Latios. =) What's the town's population though, I wonder? And what do they build from? O_o

Have a drabble.
Show ContentSpoiler:
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Well, I ran out of time drawing, so I did a drabble instead:

The flickering blue light approached fast, and the caterpie was filled with a sense of anticipation mixed with fear. The sound of hooves was now audible. What was it? He had never seen anything like it before. It threw an eerie light blue glow onto the grass as it went through the dark blue landscape. The apparition sped past, and he saw it to be a stunningly beautiful pokémon covered in light blue flames. A ponyta, he realized – somehow a blue ponyta.

And then, it was gone.

Going back to sleep, the caterpie thought he'd seen a rare sight indeed.

But have the picture, too, since it kind of goes with the drabble, I guess:
Show ContentSpoiler:
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Oh man, relicanths as starters. That's the kind of pokémon you have to throw at your opponent. XD And I'm liking that blue ponyta, Anni. :3 Blue shinies tend to be my favorite. Unless we're talking Charizard or Latias.

On to the next prompt!

Prompt for Day 2: feature a flying pokémon/feature a pokémon winging it!

Hello I missed yesterday's prompt by an hour-ish I'm sorry. Here it is! I'll edit to add today's when I get to it.

Show ContentPrompt for Day 1:

I made a squiffy Marill with a squiffy Azurill! One day it will be coloured, but I do not currently have the pencils of colouring because the cats might eat them.

Show ContentPrompt for Day 2:

Zapdos. :D
CamisadoThe BBS Host & Admin ✖ @The_BBS is on Twitter! ✖
[Image: fAcqqCd.gif] [Image: EesTi4O.gif] [Image: JavALFZ.gif]
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

Haha, bobandbill, I actually had a similar idea for the drabble I posted in the drabble challenge; think I like yours better, though. :P I like the other pictures/drabble, too! (Is the tower directly over the wailord's blowhole? XD)

Blaar, new prompt, I'm late. Ah, well, I'm not going to not post this after spending two and a half hours on it; hope y'all don't mind!

Show Contentgo horsie goooooo:

Think I'll be doing writing for the next few; I'm steadily improving with my tablet, but holding the pen for more than a few minutes still makes my hand hurt. :/
Altered Origin
fanart, fanfics, fan rambles and assorted random crap

The Phoenixdex
so many fakemans aaaaaaa halp

Day 2 prompt!

Show ContentSpoiler:

YAY I GOT A THING DONE

Oh look, I'm on time today!

Show ContentGood Wings:

(It's about salamence, if'n you don't remember your pokédex entries well. :) )

Might want to try something a little longer than a drabble for the next few; we'll see. This'll do for now, though!
Altered Origin

The Phoenixdex

I'm a bit swamped with work at the moment so I may or may not be posting today, but here's the next prompt regardless! Keep it up guys, you're all doing awesome! Anni, that flying wobbuffet is hilarious!

Prompt for Day 3: feature a pokémon overcoming an obstacle/feature a pokémon breaking down walls!

I did a quick doodle for the sake of not missing a day (went from school to work and had phenomenally little time for anything). It looks awful, but hey, it's something! Here you go:

Show ContentSpoiler:

No prompt yesterday? Nonsense!

...Okay, okay. I was busy. Honest. To make up for it, have TWO PROMPTS AHHHH

Prompt for Day 4: Feature two pokémon/feature two canon characters!

Prompt for Day 5: Feature a pokémon trying to be another pokémon/feature someone cosplaying a pokémon!

I've got day 4! Technically I've covered both challenges, as I have included Melody (in my later headcanon) from Pokémon 2000, and Slowking, who is both a canon character and a Pokémon. 8D Uh, and Chika. TWO POKÉMON, TWO CANON CHARACTERS. \o\

Show ContentDay 4:

And now day 5; my OC Rockets Liran (left) and Cisco (right) dressed as their prominent team members...

Show ContentDay 5:
CamisadoThe BBS Host & Admin ✖ @The_BBS is on Twitter! ✖
[Image: fAcqqCd.gif] [Image: EesTi4O.gif] [Image: JavALFZ.gif]
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

Blaaarple. Super-late by now, but here're the past three prompts.

Show ContentWalls of Nothing (Day 3):

Show ContentActors (Day 4):

Show ContentEntirely Jax's Fault... Somehow (Day 5):

Whew! With that backlog outta the way, bring on the next ones!
Altered Origin

The Phoenixdex

So, as this was a continuous challenge, I'll just be assigning 5 points for each entry people have done for this. Ie the more you did, the more you get!
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Technically the event is over, but I'm gonna post two new prompts anyway for those interested!

Day 6: Feature your favorite pokémon or character/feature your least-favorite pokémon or character!
Day 7: Feature a specific town, city, route, or location/feature a place dear to you!
Δ