Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Usergroup for magazine contributors

Basically, if someone has contributed to the magazine a few times they can get a usergroup on the forums that'll display under their profile (maybe with a fancy userbar and all if someone's willing to make it), just as a recognition for their work and all (and it'd be nice to tie it all together too).

Yay or nay to the general idea? And if so, what stipulations? (E.g. I think it would need to be more than just posting a couple times in magazine threads to say 'looks good!')
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

I like the idea. Perhaps when they post five or more articles?
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

SO FAR:

- usergroup for forum members who contribute to the magazine proposed
- may come with fancy userbar if made, but not free cheese
- suggestion of contributing significantly to 5 articles for magazine being the requirement to gain said status
- Jax is also okay about this as said on irc

Give your thoughts before sunday ticks over!

Overall, I think this is not all that necessary, but it could be cool so why not? I say we go with it.

For criteria, how about writing three articles OR majorly contrubuting (more than one or two lines in the post) to three articles?

I can make the userbars, also, seeing as how I already have existing templates for the other usergroups that I made at some point. I'll post a separate thread about user bars later, but due to the circumstances it's going to have to wait for a while. Maybe around next month or so. Sorry about that, if someone wants to make some/propose some before that, that's perfectly okay.
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Well I guess this will happen!

Anni will not have time for userbar making for a while so this will be merely implemented later, unless someone else wants to make it themselves.

I could implement an interim user title similar to the ones we have for staff; a little icon and some fancy coloured text of our choosing. Maybe purple or a blue that doesn't match the vB default blue?
CamisadoThe BBS Host & Admin ✖ @The_BBS is on Twitter! ✖
[Image: fAcqqCd.gif] [Image: EesTi4O.gif] [Image: JavALFZ.gif]
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

Yeah, something different like those colours would be ideal.