Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Let's Play Pokemon 'Diamond' - Keitai Denjuu Telefang

Part Thirty-Three: Navigating the Mountain
Or revealing the second difficulty.

Show ContentSpoiler:
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

My internet data refreshed and I was able to load pictures again! Nice update, and I'm starting to get an idea of the battle mechanics. Before I was just stumbling along, but they're starting to make sense, and it only took this long!

Yay, ability to see images!

And that's good. I suppose the best way to get the idea of mechanics is really playing it yourself; even watching someone else doesn't quite make sense straightaway I'd imagine.

Part Thirty-Four: Keep on Climbing
Or being unable to move.

Show ContentSpoiler:

Hooray, another update!

Although, I do have a question. What does "______ didn't follow!" mean?

_____ didn't follow means that they didn't understand the instruction given by you, I suppose. Kinda like how traded pokémon won't obey you in Pokémon if you don't have enough badges. The difference is that here it's based on the e-monster's nature, I believe, so matter of luck on if you get a monster that will always listen or only do that most of the time. First that showed up in detail is with that first water monster you get that helps you enter Bamu Sea.

Ah, thanks for clearing that up! It seems that some of your e-monsters don't like you very much. :(

Yeah, luck of the draw with some. LILIOB however is preset - he'll always be unreliable. -_-

Anyways, have a new update!

Part Thirty-Five: Let's do that again!
Or why the mountain really sucks.

Show ContentSpoiler:

Re: this whole dang thing

[Image: ahh-khaghistan_gif-bin.gif]
[Image: tumblr_inline_mq2g738c7j1qz4rgp.gif]

I'm crushed that you have to go all the way back, I can't even imagine what you're feeling! DX

Well said, Yoda.
Quote:I'm crushed that you have to go all the way back, I can't even imagine what you're feeling! DX
To be fair, Slayr, I knew about it when replaying, and purposefully went to showcase the evils of the place. But certainly I didn't realise until too late when I first played as a kid and actually got up to this part! D=

Really, Telefang is known for a number of things, and one of those things ought to be its mazes.

Part Thirty-Six: Remembering
Or back the way we came.

Show ContentSpoiler:

Quote:How about a dance-off?
I'll take you up on that offer! :V

What are the owl statues... coffins... whatever, supposed to be doing? Are they supposed to add a mystical feel to it? It kind of looks like the level-creator things they have in some games, and some little kid just put a ton of them everywhere just because he liked the way it looks.

Wow, this is some seriously bad level design. Just reading about this made me want to throw a handheld console at the wall, and I didn't even have to actually live through the tedium involved. Aside from the music in this game, which is actually pretty good, I'm really beginning to see why it never got a proper translation or was licensed abroad... Urgh. Mountain needs to die in a fire, or something. =_=
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

(25th May 2014, 05:21 AM)Slayr231 Wrote:
Quote:How about a dance-off?
I'll take you up on that offer! :V

What are the owl statues... coffins... whatever, supposed to be doing? Are they supposed to add a mystical feel to it? It kind of looks like the level-creator things they have in some games, and some little kid just put a ton of them everywhere just because he liked the way it looks.
*breakdances*

I don't know, but they are indeed everywhere (them and the statue/coffins of a man as well). It is a mystery.
(25th May 2014, 03:51 PM)An-chan Wrote: Wow, this is some seriously bad level design. Just reading about this made me want to throw a handheld console at the wall, and I didn't even have to actually live through the tedium involved. Aside from the music in this game, which is actually pretty good, I'm really beginning to see why it never got a proper translation or was licensed abroad... Urgh. Mountain needs to die in a fire, or something. =_=
Yeah, the mountain was...not my favourite area of the game, haha. Quite frustrating! Nearly at the end now though, thank goodness. Of course, I could have just gone the right way first time... but that would not do it justice. You all must understand my pain. Understand, dang it! Catfish

The music overall is actually pretty great, and there is something to be said for the triple-battle system as well (again, before Pokémon itself had double battles as well, and some neat mechanics involved in it too). It's fun enough. So really, the gameplay in that regard is just fine... it's just that in the latter part, they start going Nintendo-hard with the maps. And I guess enough people like it for Telefang to get a sequel in Japan, and I wager some people rather enjoy the challenge as well (it's a thing... *shrug*).

Part Thirty-Seven: Conversing with devils
Or how to be a hero.

Show ContentSpoiler:

I think the basketball part was my favorite. It's all very entertaining, but there's something about a flying dolphin proclaiming to be good at basketball that amuses me.

Anyway, good update and I can't wait to see what's in store for Bek next!

Flying dolphin/bird without wings thing with drills are however very good at tennis.

I took a whole bunch of screenshots for the next part. Now I just have to sort them and remove the bad ones, upload, etc.

Part Thirty-Eight: The island, again
Or visiting the one square we haven't been before which contains a whole giant maze, of course.

Show ContentSpoiler:

Part Thirty-Nine: Temple Adventures and Battles Galore
Or wandering around some more and talking to RESEARCH.

Show ContentSpoiler: