Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

NaNoWriMo

Is getting to the end of your story your target? If so, that's great that you're getting near it! I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling up to it yesterday, I hope it all works out. :<

I switched fandoms at 23882, which is super annoying, because I had just got to the really good bit and then I got intimidated by what I'd planned, so I decided to switch to the continuation of my Rayearth fanfic from 2010. Ehh. I'm keeping the word count up (actually recovered from the deficit of not writing for two nights this month), but I'm still a bit disappointed that I didn't stick with the Pokémon fic. >__<
CamisadoThe BBS Host & Admin ✖ @The_BBS is on Twitter! ✖
[Image: fAcqqCd.gif] [Image: EesTi4O.gif] [Image: JavALFZ.gif]
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

I'd really rather not say how well I'm doing. Or rather, how not well I'm doing. XD

(24th Nov 2013, 12:55 PM)Camisado Wrote: Is getting to the end of your story your target? If so, that's great that you're getting near it! I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling up to it yesterday, I hope it all works out. :<

That or at least 20k for the whole month. I got the first three chapters written before NaNo started and using the whole month of November to see if I can get it finished (story is not too long although it might need some extra details here and here).

Thanks. Still mulling over what happens next and this morning I'm still feeling down (thanks to my dad *sighs* ), so we'll see if I can pick myself back up soon.
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

It's NaNoWriMo time again! GET HYPE. What are all of your plans this year? I'm super stoked because I've decided to re-write the Eon Chronicles, my first-ever fanfic.
Δ

I actually haven't thought too much about this year's NaNo because I haven't really been focused on writing the past few months. There is one Pokemon fanfic idea that's been on my mind lately which involves Alexa and Viola from the X/Y games going to Unova for the Pokemon Tournament and them finding out someone is out to assassinate one of the Champions there. I still haven't decided what is the antagonist's motivation nor which Champion they want to go against, but if I can figure those out before November I might give this story a try.

Besides that I can do what I did in 2012 and write several short stories as I have a few here and there.
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]

I'm unsure if I'll do it.

On the one hand, I don't have end-of-year exams during November for a change.

However, I do have one exam, because PhD in physics here still requires some coursework (grumble grumble etc). While I can do exams as a 24 hour assignment instead and I don't need amazing marks from it, that's still something to worry about.

But more so, I have a couple short trips during November which'll impact more on writing time, and also some cousins from Poland visiting for a couple weeks, so that'll also eat up time. That and I've still got research to do. :V So we'll see.

As for what I'd write about - well, I could try working on the rest of my current fic and try to finish it off to boot by then. I also have some original fiction ideas floating around, and another silly fic idea as well.

Bay - when I read your idea the notion of someone trying to assassinate Giovanni came to mind as interesting. He's no champion, but Alexa/Viola dealing with someone wanting to kill a (known?) criminal could be interesting. I imagine some people would certainly want the former Gym Leader and leader of a mafia dead.

Or vice versa. Giovanni is going to be there anyway, and wants revenge on a certain someone who ruined it all for him back in Kanto. (Or both!)

But for actual champions:
- Lance: someone still in TR could be someone who'd hate him enough.
- Steven: Not sure here. Another stone enthusiast?
- Actually rn nothing else is coming to mind re: Cynthia and Adler/Iris. Maybe some disillusioned Team Galactic/Plasma character could be involved there... particularly Plasma as this is Unova after all. A Sage or the Shadow Triad, perhaps?
- Red: Blue. :V

The general idea is certainly interesting!
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Thanks for the dieas, bobandbill! Hm, I'm leaning towards Alexa and Viola dealing with someone wanting Giovanni as that would make more interesting conflict. One thing is how he's able to bypass/allowed to participate in the Pokemon World Tournament. Maybe he gave himself a new identity and the people of Unova don't recognized him?

I don't know if this is the right thread for brainstorming possible NaNo fic ideas, lol.

So, last night I signed up for 2014 Yultide over at AO3. I'm also considering participating Serebii's Yultide (still need to turn in my sign up sheet for that), so that makes two gift exchanges I'll be doing. I've done several exchanges at once before, so this shouldn't be too much a problem as long as the stories don't get too long. However, if I decide to have my Yultide fics for NaNo this year I really don't want to write unnecessary stuff on those. I can do the Yultide fics and my Pokemon chaptered fic right after, but I want to leave some time for editing the gift fics. Either way, I'll still write in November even if I don't update the word count.

Just passed 10k last night, and man oh man, my prologue has turned into a monster. I've got characters stealing personalities from other characters who are supposed to appear later, late-game plot twists that keep trying to reveal themselves early, and did I mention it's a 10k word prologue? This is not how prologues work, Latios. You've got like 40 chapters worth of actual plot to get to dude.

But dangit if I'm not loving this. It's so nice to be writing about latis again. I will hopefully be setting up a thing in the doc swap section relatively soon? Maybe? I can't decide whether I should try to get everything down before I show it to anybody.
Δ

I'm glad you're enjoying it, it sounds like you haven't had a lot of time to do this sort of thing recently. :D

Unfortunately I'm having to quit mid-month because my original plan of Reverse NaNo hasn't worked out and I can't afford to catch up because I've taken on too much university work and these last 2-3 modules to finally complete my part-time degree after six years are kind of important. (Who puts assignment deadlines in the first week of December anyway? Don't they appreciate NaNoWriMo?!)

But I'll cheer the rest of you on for the rest of the month! Good luck everyone!
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

(15th Nov 2014, 01:24 PM)Camisado Wrote: Unfortunately I'm having to quit mid-month because my original plan of Reverse NaNo hasn't worked out and I can't afford to catch up because I've taken on too much university work and these last 2-3 modules to finally complete my part-time degree after six years are kind of important. (Who puts assignment deadlines in the first week of December anyway? Don't they appreciate NaNoWriMo?!)

Heyyy I invented that! Have you tried it before? Does it work well? I've never used it because I'm like the world's slowest writer, haha. /hypocrite

Sorry university is being so dumb, I definitely know that feeling. This is the first year I haven't had school in the middle of NaNo, and it's kind of ridiculous how much having a set schedule every day helps. Before it was like "I have four days to finish this assignment, how much time can I dedicate to writing?" But now it's like "I'm not at work, and that means I can do whatever the crap I want, because I'll never have homework again MWAHAHA!"

Ahem. Yes. Good luck with uni! Sounds like you're almost there!
Δ

Hey everyone! Are you taking part in Camp NaNoWriMo this July? I have already committed myself to write a target of 25,000 words so it's a bit lighter than the normal 50,000 in November.

What are your plans? Or are you maybe waiting for November? I'd love to hear what stories people have in mind!

I attempted it last July (and beat it with 10,000 words), but while I'm also going to a conference this July as well it involves going interstate this time and won't be great for me and writing regularly. Very start of the month as well, followed by a bday party and etc. ;_; Besides, I'll be more focused on drabbles/smaller stuff I think, and editing as well. No plans for startng a fic or story right this moment, even if I have the ideas for them.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

I did Camp NaNo in April and I'm planning on doing it again in July! The Eon Chronicles is already approaching 50,000 words, and I'm planning on tacking on 30,000 more during July.
Δ