Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Pokeathlon Olympics

Had this idea this morning. If we can have an olympics and Pokemon HGSS gave an example of Pokemon sports as well, then why can't there be a Pokeathlon Olympics?

What I'm proposing is a sort of guide as to events in the Pokeathlon (and maybe extra if people have ideas for other events) and possible Pokemon that'd fit each event. (E.g. for the jumping-esque events you'd probably see a lot of Spoink or Pokemon that can learn Bounce, while any Pokemon with wings of levitating powers would not be allowed. With football (soccer) you'd have Psychics being able to manipulate the ball, maybe Hitmonlee for kicking and Snorlax as a darn awesome goalkeeper. =p). Or maybe fake reports. Thoughts/interest?
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Sounds fun to me. Good idea. Maybe members could represent different countries?

I like it. What about swimming for water types?
I call Shenanigans!!!

[Image: 131laprasA.png]

Trainer Timothy Wrote:Sounds fun to me. Good idea. Maybe members could represent different countries?
Hmm, maybe, but it might not be straightforward. I could see it mentioned in passing though because a few Pokemon would fit well (e.g. Ludicolo from Mexico (not sure what sport it'd do well in though that'd involve dancing...), Makuhita/Hariyama from Japan (sumo!), Kangaskhan frtom Australia (boxing?)...) The other way we could take it is doing it by regions (although spinoff ones would be neglected then unless say for Orre you has some desert-Pokemon representatives or something).
Quote:I like it. What about swimming for water types?
That'd work, yeah. Could be other water-type events for them too (diving could have a few for instance imo).

Mixed martial arts might be interesting as well but we wouldn't want to write about every Fighting type out there for it... Or we could just mention in passing the main ones (Judo would have a lot of Throh's and some Hariyama, Hitmonlee in Taekwondo, etc).

on the idea of Orre, what if they had Shadow pokemon? And they win every year but no one knows why.
I call Shenanigans!!!

Maybe that would come under cheating in a way? On that note Protein could to be a banned substance too, haha.

And so could carbos if there was like a running event. But only for fast pokemon, like Pikachu.
I call Shenanigans!!!

Wouldn't it be X-Speed and X-Hit and such that are the banned substances? I mean, athletes are still allowed to (and do) ingest a variety of steroids and stuff when they're training, just as long as they take no ability-enhancing stuff that affects them during the competition... On that note, I think Shadow Pokémon would be disqualified, as would legendaries!

Anyway, the way I think this would work the best is if we had it be each of the Pokémon regions against each other. Their selection of Pokémon would be fairly simple to figure out and then we could do reports or guides into events where the "equivalent" Pokémon from various regions are pitted against each other. Maybe some of them could be favorites with the people, for instance Misty's Starmie for the swimming events or such.

That, or we could simplify it even further and have it be the towns of Johto against each other, seeing as how Pokéathlon is only found in Johto... But I don't know. What do you think?
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

I like it. I think we should go with the region ideas.
I call Shenanigans!!!

Agreed with regions. The idea after (pokemon from johto towns) seems too restrictive imo. And using gym leaders in it (which I think is also the case in HGSS! Happens with contests too) is neat too.

the gym leaders could be like coaches, and the elite four could be judges.
I call Shenanigans!!!

Hmm, E4 maybe as judges, but then the Pokealthon is seemingly run by a different group as well in the games as it is so letting them compete wouldn't be off to me, and just having unnamed judges. Plus gym leaders still battle so them as coaches seems off to me.

Anyways we ought to get a move on with this. So, uh... a couple of sports to start the list:

Swimming - water Pokemon! Main contenders would be the water gym leaders of which there are several; Misty from Kanto, Crasher Wake from Sinnoh, and the two from Hoenn. And there's a Unova one too whose name escapes me (might be japanese only currently?) . Might want to look at their teams and say which ones would be best suited for this. Water Polo not an event as it was deemed unsafe to the Spheals mistaken for the ball often, and causing injury to others trying to lift the heavy Pokemon up.
Diving - Maybe Pokemon like Kirlia would be okay at this? And some water Pokemon too. Gyarados could be amusing
Running - all the speedsters here. Dodrio, Jolteon, etc. Could make a joke of a shock appearence by Suicune blitzing everyone if we right it as after the events, or a past vent if this is a guide to the Pokealthlon Olympics
Weightlifting - fighting types mostly. Look at Brawly, Chuck, the Karate King, etc. Could joke that the trainers also try to participate?
Boxing - similar to above
Long/High jump - Spoink, other Pokemon that can say learn Bounce etc
Soccer - (cp) 'you'd have Psychics being able to manipulate the ball, maybe Hitmonlee for kicking and Snorlax as a darn awesome goalkeeper.'
Gymnastics - Pokemon that can dance for floor routines (Ludicolo, Kirlia, etc), and others that'd fit the other events (?)

Gogogo

so should i pick one and run with it?
I call Shenanigans!!!

Let's try getting more ideas first and then decide how we want to write it (all as one big post, or split it up, how much on each event, maybe an intro to it, etc).

Here I have to say I can't be much of a help because I have almost no interest in sports overall and I don't really know very much about them either... But I suggest people can pick a sport they personally find dear to them (i.e. you like to watch swimming or you like to swim, so you pick that) and write a short, humorous blurb on it. That way, we should get several sports collected, and I can definitely help in the proofreading and editing part of this thing.

I personally propose this should be written as a report on what actually happened in the Pokeathlon Olympics, seeing as how the real Olympics are nearing their ends. So, you could make up the specific events that took place, and then the results of those events - who won, who was disqualified and why, who did people think was going to win, etc. And, of course, it should be funny. Or that's what I think. But y'all can tell me what you think, since I can't really contribute to this much personally.

I have been watching a lot of running events lately though so maybe I could write something about that if no-one else is interested in it.
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Then again, the Paralympics starts later too and I don't think it'd be too bad to have a guide of it happening. But I don't really mind in the end; both can work imo.

Short entries for each would probably be idea then (3 paragraphs max, let's say). Ouline who were main contenders, how the competition was won (and by who) and keep it entertaining (and humour would be good too imo, agreed).

So... any more event ideas?

equestrian! for like rapidash, ponyta, and all other horse like pokemon
I call Shenanigans!!!

Not a bad idea, that. Could also make a joke about Elesa having a surprise entry with her Zebstrika, heh.

bobandbill Wrote:Not a bad idea, that. Could also make a joke about Elesa having a surprise entry with her Zebstrika, heh.
Hey! XD But it'd be fun to imagine that happening. :>

Also how about a Pokemon-and-Trainer triathlon? An event that really tests not only the endurance of both, but also the bonding between a Trainer and Pokemon. :> And since swimming was mentioned, don't forget synchronized swimming! That could exemplify a perfect teamwork among the Pokemon, and maybe make it 6 per team just like a normal party! Water types only of course. x3 Also, pretty much majority of the Pokemon kingdom can partake in ball-based sports, i.e. volleyball, handball, etc. Not sure whether fencing would be viable though, just throwing it out there.

Indeed!

I quite like the idea of the Pokemon/Trainer triathlon, heh. Wonder who would win that? (Maybe 'a stranger in red won, declined to say anything and walked off'?)

Synchronized swimming is neat. Maybe for a fun a team of Magikarp could win it?

More ball sports sounds good as we already have football; just need to keep them different. Not too sure on fencing myself.