Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

General Chat Thread

Well then, we have another interrogation to get underway. You'll have to be more elaborate about that, Mia >:3 What are you studying in university? What kind of classes do you have now? How's the workload?

Also where are all of our Japan reporters? It would be nice to hear your observations or adventures that happened during your travels, even without any pictures or anything.

Meanwhile, throwing in another poll-style question, because the fruit thing made me hungry for sweets. What's your favorite dessert(s)? The more specific your answer, the better!
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

I was all prepared to respond to this because I love dessert, and now I can't think of anything. I think it's because I love all desserts equally, like some kind of dessert pope.

Okay so for starters in my family we have a recipe for Dorset Apple Cake which is pretty much the best cake ever, and the best time to eat it is when it's still warm from the oven, with a bit of cream, custard or ice cream. Aww yeah.

The other thing is that I do have incredibly sensitive teeth, but my boyfriend has an ice cream maker and he is very good at making ice cream. We have made quite a lot of alcoholic ones in the last year. (E.g. Mint chocolate with Baileys or coconut with Malibu rum). We also made a strawberry, waffle and white chocolate chip one for our friend's kids when he invited us to a barbecue. :D

I also really like fruit tarts, like apricot, lemon or apple. I usually have single (runny) cream with my desserts.

And finally I'd just like to add I had a really nice crema catalana (crème brûlée) at a pub on Saturday. There's just something about the torched caramel.
CamisadoThe BBS Host & Admin ✖ @The_BBS is on Twitter! ✖
[Image: fAcqqCd.gif] [Image: EesTi4O.gif] [Image: JavALFZ.gif]
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

Favourite dessert, let's go with rainbow ice cream or cheesecake. :D

I really can't get more specific than that...LOL. Although I don't tend to eat dessert much - I try to avoid too much sweets because I am in the middle of a fitness program and I wanna get tank and lose some fat because I'm a fat cunt. LOL. (Yet I eat other junk food a lot, such as fried chicken and burgers, fail logic.)
[Image: tumblr_n03zpdRufG1suedwgo1_400.png]

"Hotel Moscow will not forgive anyone who is involved in obstructing our operations in any way. We will denounce and destroy them, then kill their parents and siblings. If necessary, even their pet dog." - Balalaika (Black Lagoon)

Tumblr | Twitter
Follow me on them! :D I follow for follow.

I have never in my life seen rainbow ice cream but now I want to try some. o__o My boyfriend makes amazing cheesecakes, too! I've seen him make a Jaffa Cake cheesecake and a sticky toffee cheesecake, but his speciality is vanilla or lemon with fruit sauce.

I also once made my Grandad a banana split cheesecake for his birthday. It wasn't beautiful but it was delicious.

It's okay, I'm also trying to lose weight, but I consume far too much mayonnaise and eat out too much. 8D
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

(4th Mar 2013, 10:16 PM)Camisado Wrote: I have never in my life seen rainbow ice cream but now I want to try some. o__o My boyfriend makes amazing cheesecakes, too! I've seen him make a Jaffa Cake cheesecake and a sticky toffee cheesecake, but his speciality is vanilla or lemon with fruit sauce.

I also once made my Grandad a banana split cheesecake for his birthday. It wasn't beautiful but it was delicious.

It's okay, I'm also trying to lose weight, but I consume far too much mayonnaise and eat out too much. 8D
Serious?! It's the bomb!

[Image: img.cgi?i=86157]

And damn that cheesecake looks delicious! OM NOM NOM that red stuff!

Oh you're trying to lose weight too? :O Nice! Well I'm not really trying to lose weight tbh, I actually want to gain - what I want to lose is body fat. lmao. How are you going about in doing it? Working out, dieting, both?
[Image: tumblr_n03zpdRufG1suedwgo1_400.png]

"Hotel Moscow will not forgive anyone who is involved in obstructing our operations in any way. We will denounce and destroy them, then kill their parents and siblings. If necessary, even their pet dog." - Balalaika (Black Lagoon)

Tumblr | Twitter
Follow me on them! :D I follow for follow.

The red stuff was strawberries. 8D

I'm just cutting out snacks, trying to reduce the amount of fat I eat (all fats, not just sat fat) and exercising more. I try to drink carbonated water instead of anything else during the day, but tea always wins! xD So I've tried to change semi-skimmed (1.7% fat) milk for light soy milk, but it tastes like coffee creamer. D8

We were trying to run twice a week, but various family events and accidental injuring of ourselves on furniture and door frames made that kind of fizzle out. xD I kind of want to try kettlercise, but I'm not sure I'm hardcore enough.

On the subject of food, since desserts is starting to fizzle out a little bit...(???) What's your favourite meal, everybody? I'm gonna try to decide while you answer. Maybe different categories, like "to eat at home", "to eat in a rush", "comfort food" and "restaurant". xD

My favorite desserts are cookies and cream ice cream and also apple pie, lol.

My favorite meal is homemade fried rice mixed with eggs, chicken or shrimp, and cooked tomatoes. I eat fried rice Chinese food time to time, but I prefer homemade lots more as it's not as oily, haha.
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

An-chan Wrote:Well then, we have another interrogation to get underway. You'll have to be more elaborate about that, Mia >:3 What are you studying in university? What kind of classes do you have now? How's the workload?

Enough of a workload that I didn't see this till just now! :p

I'm doing a Bachelor in Computer Science and Mathematics!

Classes include Spanish and Video production.

Regarding dessert... Ice cream is good in general. xD
[Image: tumblr_m6hd8jjbxc1qmo1ubo1_400.gif]
Inventor of the Shoop smiley

Cake is the best dessert. It comes in so many different shapes and flavors. One of my favorite things in the world is mudcake, with princess cake (white cake, whipped cream, and raspberry jam, and then you wrap it all in marzipan - yum!) and regular old chocolate cake as a second. I also love baking cake and licking the bowl clean, so it's a win-win in all regards. :3 Caaaake. Ice cream is also very tasty. And pretty much anything with chocolate. I love chocolate.

Anyway, now that it's April, spring is finally arriving in Finland. The snow is melting, streets are filled with dust and dirt and mud, and plants are coming back to life. Birds are returning - the seagulls are already back! - and our cats are starting to go insane in the normal springy cat fashion. Spring also means I'm ongwtfbbq busy with schoolwork, hence why I haven't been online that much lately. I'm writing a tetris in Java, and it's really stupid because the stuff you use to write the GUI in Java is absolutely ridiculous and messy and impossible to keep track of. So basically it doesn't work. Yet. But I'm working on it. If anyone is interested in beta testing it for me in a few weeks, I could ship off some .exes for you to try out eventually. Help would be much appreciated :3

I also have roughly a thousand other courses at the moment, including a grammar one and one on algorithms and databases, plus I have a part-time job as a translator of fantasy and scifi short stories, plus I'm working at a sale next week...

How's everyone else? It's been awfully quiet here, for sure, so you're probably all busy. But it'd be nice to know what's up with everyone. :3

I would be more than happy to test out some .exes for you! I still have Windows 7 on my iMac. :D

It's meant to be spring in the UK at the moment, but it's still hideously cold. This time last year, I had taken my best friend to the town of Lyme Regis (where I also took An-chan once!) and it was about 20°C there, so we were putting on sunblock and trying to find shade. This time when she visited me, the temperatures were more like 4°C and just what.

I recently completed an assignment for my current Open University course that was all about global positioning and mobile networks, so I got to learn and talk about LTE and WiMAX which was quite fun. I didn't do very well with the maths parts of the block (like signal degradation and stuff) but... I'm not too worried about that.

Uhh, otherwise, I recently started (as in, 4th February) my new post at work, which is working in "Client Device and Network Management", which entails mostly working with BlackBerry devices and helping with the Microsoft Exchange (Outlook) migration. I'm loving it, and my new boss is a lovely lady, but I miss my old boss a bit because he was lots of fun and we're good friends.

Finally, we (me, my boyfriend, his brother and his girlfriend) received a holiday from my boyfriend's dad for our collective birthdays, and he's sending us on a short cruise on the Azura later this month! I'm excited because I haven't really been on a proper boat before, just the very rough shuttle ferry to Jersey in the Channel Islands. This cruise is to Guernsey, another Channel Island. I find it funny that we need passports on British territory.

I'm sorry I haven't been around a lot. My assignments are very heavy this year because it's a higher level course than I've taken before and it's worth more "points" towards my degree. I've also been sucked back into the Rayearth fandom and I've neglected this board and you guys quite a lot. I hope you can forgive me, I'm sorry I keep doing this every so often. u__u

YOU'VE BEEN CHEATING ON US!? D=

I'll forgive you if you explain what a rayearth thing is as I don't think I heard of it before. =p

I'm back at uni and doing honours now. Yay! =p Less lectures but some intense assignments (in part because one course is pretty badly taught =/) and also a project to work on throughout the year.

Meanwhile I shall boast about the fact that my project from last semester went so well a published journal article by my supervisors (and a couple others) came out with my name on it. Not bad for a uni student! =p
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Hello, chat thread.

Tell me what you've been up to for the last five months.

*eyeballs everyone*

I won't say much since I know I love to talk about myself, but basically I'm in love with Animal Crossing New Leaf, my baby car (no, it hasn't changed), and looking forward to Wind Waker HD and Pokémon X/Y. Oh yeah, and I finish this year's university assignments this Friday, and then I start my next courses in February. (Distance learning, no real correlation to traditional university timetables!)

Nothing too exciting. I made some serious progress on my fic. I'm excited too because normally I get bored and stop writing it after the second chapter, but this time, I'm all the way to chapter seven! I'm currently stuck at the moment, but I won't give up. I'll finish an idea of mine if it's the last thing I do. I also made a little image to go along with it on another forum. It's pretty much the first time I'm sharing any artwork I've done, and I haven't done much, but I think it turned out alright.
Show ContentSpoiler:
Sorry if I seem only focused on my fic, but that's pretty much the only worthwhile thing I've done lately. I start college next monday! I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a little nervous.

Camisado, you eyeballed EVERYONE? Even though we're a veritable United Nations of a forum? Creepy. Anyways, I'm bored as all hell waiting for Wind Waker HD (Pokemon X/Y doesn't matter when there's ZELDA TO BE PLAYED!), but I'm FINALLY playing Skyward Sword for the first time, and it's pretty good. I just got the Master Sword, so, yeah... coolbeans. I've also been watching Pokemon (well, more than usual) and I REALLY dislike James' Battle Frontier onward voice... I miss Eric Stuart... Yeah, not much else goin' on, just boring school stuff (trigonometry... yay...) and my school play "The Wizard of Oz" is just getting started with rehearsals and such... so, yeah... FIGHTMASTER OUT!

Quote:Look Bobandbill, another picture without any fuss!
I'm... *sniff* so proud. ;_;

I'm in a very busy month of honours, but I have survived half of it so far! So that's, uh, something.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Well, I'm currently in that fun situation I like to put myself in twice a year where I study full time (30 or so hours a week) and work almost full time (30 or so hours a week) for a couple of weeks. This year they've graciously extended the time of my employment to four full weeks, which means yay more money but also I'm probably going to be busier than busy and end up either half insane or half dead or both. So, not a lot of time to be paying on news about Pokémon or WW :( But on the plus side, I can actually afford Pokémon when it comes out, so that's always something.

Meanwhile, in my odd moments of free time, I'm currently playing my old favorite game Heroes of Might and Magic III. I used to love that game to bits when I was 11-13 (I was a weird, strategy- and simulation-game playing kid), and it turns out it's still just as good, ten years later. It came out in 1999 so the 3D cutscenes are pretty funny, but otherwise the graphics are actually quite fresh. And it still plays wonderfully. I'm working on the main campaign at the moment, something I never did as a kid because apparently it's hard as fighting rabid chimpanzees, but I'm doing okay. I think.

And, y'know, wedding planning, when I (we) absolutely have to. It turns out that despite everything the media has ever tried to tell us, wedding planning is really boring and really stressful and suddenly causes every relative you're in contact with to have Very Important Opinions about how things should go. *sighs* Especially my mom is starting to drive me up the wall with her constant barrage of "You know what you should do?" and "I found the perfect venue/dress/whatever".

Oh and I started writing a novel idea that's been rolling around in my head. I was going to save it for NaNo but looks like it decided to come out now... So I'm working on that, too, whenever I have free moments. Because apparently I hate myself.

There is never anything new and exciting going on in my life. It's the same old "wake up, go to work, come home, fart about online, go to bed" deal that it has been for the past several years. For some reason, I was suddenly struck by a desperate need to change that I'm ready and willing to study for my driver's license test.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for September to GET OUTTA HERE so October can roll around. October means that I can finally start getting health insurance (maybe but I really really need health insurance) and Pokemon X/Y will be released. Playing through Y and talking with people about the games will really help pass the time until November, which is when I'll explode from fandom happiness and dissolve into a puddle of gibbering goo.

Quote:I miss Eric Stuart...
Show ContentSpoiler:

(21st Sep 2013, 12:05 AM)Astinus Wrote:
Quote:I miss Eric Stuart...
Show ContentSpoiler:

You just made my day :')

Okay, so after my first day of college, I learned one thing. I'm going to be spending a lot less time on here. Just thought I would give you a heads up, so you don't think I forgot about you people. You know that saying "For every hour you spend in class, you can expect two to three hours of homework"? Well, my teachers said that they were going to base their class around that idea every day. Starting off with a five hour reading assignment, so I probably won't be on everyday like I used to be.

D'aww... I will miss my good ol' grass type Gen 5 buddy... We joined at pretty much the same time, so I've always felt a bit closer to you, and it's pretty lame we'll be seeing less of you :(. Well, good luck with college.