Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

General Chat Thread

What's going on in my life? Well...

There's a big sale event coming up, so for five weeks total (three weeks left) I will be working basically full-time. I also study full-time. This is a bit of a problem, and you can certainly say my plate is quite full.

The classes I have right now include my first programming class for my computer science minor (involving 30 or so exercises per week), a Victorian novel class where we need to read a novel every week (a Victorian novel, mind, which means they're all bricks - I'm currently wading through Middlemarch, which is 736 pages on my Nook), an Austen class where you have to skim an Austen novel every week, an Introduction to American literature where you have to read a selection of historical American prose/poetry snippets every week, a translation class where you have to translate a text every week...

And then, you know, I have to deal with customers at work. At a really upscale department store.

Also I should be finding time to spend with my boyfriend plus time to actually read and write and play things I want to read and write and play, instead of just reading super dense books and writing essays and translations and reports... Oh, and sleeping. Haven't done a whole lot of that lately. Well, only three weeks to go. Plus I'm making bank (11,15€ per hour, times 1½ after six and during the weekend Bucktard). So, it'll be okay.

...Right?
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Currently I have End of Year exams up in less than 2 weeks. Yes I should be studying but it won't hurt to go online for a short while. XD; Another sad thing about my life is that SMTOWN, a major K-Pop concert, starts their tickets sales on the day my exams begin. :<

I hope all you people who are super-busy with classes and other educational pursuits don't kill me for saying that I just graduated last Thursday and am currently inundated with relaxation time. *hides* XD

Seriously, though, it feels great knowing that I'm done with homework for forever. Not quite so great knowing that now I have to actually look for a job and be a grown-up (oh the horror). The last thing I had to do for school was a portfolio show that a bunch of industry people attended, and I've been talking to people I either met there or who have otherwise been given my résumé or something; hopefully one of these leads will pan out soon!

Aside from job hunting, though, I'm keeping myself occupied with some other stuff. Some friends and I are working on a project we're trying to prepare for its big release; hopefully that will happen soon, and then give me time for NaNo and for not neglecting my website and my other writing so badly. DX So I'm still busy; it's just busy that is mostly fun and is also not making me any less broke!

I will say I'm envying bobandbill's trip to Japan, though. Might want to come up with a slightly more concrete plan than just "see as much as we can", if only because that tends to end up in not managing to fit in as much sightseeing as you otherwise would've... but either way, I hope you enjoy it!

Working at an amusement park also sounds pretty awesome. Don't think I could handle it personally, since I'm really no good with dealing with crowds of people, but it sounds cool in theory, anyway! What sort of work would you be doing, Strange Wigglytuff?
Altered Origin
fanart, fanfics, fan rambles and assorted random crap

The Phoenixdex
so many fakemans aaaaaaa halp

Quote:I hope all you people who are super-busy with classes and other educational pursuits don't kill me for saying that I just graduated last Thursday and am currently inundated with relaxation time. *hides* XD
You lucky so-and-so. =p But good luck with the job hunting there!
Quote:I will say I'm envying bobandbill's trip to Japan, though. Might want to come up with a slightly more concrete plan than just "see as much as we can", if only because that tends to end up in not managing to fit in as much sightseeing as you otherwise would've... but either way, I hope you enjoy it!
Heh, no worries; we've got an itinerary being fleshed out with set locations, how to get to them, pricings, etc, so by Feb we ought to be good to go. =)
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

(22nd Sep 2012, 04:37 AM)Phoenixsong Wrote: Working at an amusement park also sounds pretty awesome. Don't think I could handle it personally, since I'm really no good with dealing with crowds of people, but it sounds cool in theory, anyway! What sort of work would you be doing, Strange Wigglytuff?

I unfortunately got turned down, but at least they didn't leave me wondering about my application for weeks, though.

Either way, though, I'm still searching. XP
[Image: V1YVF.png]
From left to right: Witch, Draco Centauros, Feli, and White Feli. All from Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary.
Avatar has (some of) my favorite Pokemon from each generation. Boy, do I have a lot of favorites! XP

Aw, that sucks. :< But indeed, at least they told you about it sooner rather than later. Would suck to wait for ages and then get told it didn't happen anyways, so you can move onto something else instead.

Ohhhh man we're going to Japan.

I just realised it again. It sort of hits me in waves! Gonna be really hectic and exciting (we had another friend sign on last minute and had to do the hotel shuffle)! I'm considering popping into to see my host family from when I was sixteen, but we've fallen out of contact since then and I don't know if they're still in Okayama. Also Okayama would be a day trip out of the way of everything else!

Still last time I went, I didn't get to go to any of the big cities or tourist attractions, so I'm really excited! Also Disneyland! I've never even looked at a Disneyland! Eee!

It's my first holiday outside of family! I feel like an adult. Meow

(Just needed to flip out about that it a bit!)
Catfish

Lucky you! I wanna go Japan :( how much are you bringing? I might be going to Japan next year with a mate, lol.

The culture there is so awesome. And don't get me started on the amount of hot girls there are there zomg lmao
[Image: tumblr_n03zpdRufG1suedwgo1_400.png]

"Hotel Moscow will not forgive anyone who is involved in obstructing our operations in any way. We will denounce and destroy them, then kill their parents and siblings. If necessary, even their pet dog." - Balalaika (Black Lagoon)

Tumblr | Twitter
Follow me on them! :D I follow for follow.

I'm actually going to Japan either next year or 2014 too! My boyfriend and myself were on a holiday in April this year and were involved in an emergency landing (turned out to not be a real emergency but better to be safe than sorry!) and we got free two-way tickets to use on Virgin Atlantic as compensation. Given the cost of flights from the UK to Japan... well, we thought we'd use them on that! We're not sure where to go yet, though we will be in Tokyo at the beginning and end of the holiday, and we plan to use trains to visit some other cities and places. I know I'd like to see Kyoto and Osaka, as they're on the main train lines.

I'd also like to add that today I handed in my last university assignment of the year and I am therefore also now halfway through my BSc (Honours) Computing & IT. \o/ I start my next module in January.
CamisadoThe BBS Host & Admin ✖ @The_BBS is on Twitter! ✖
[Image: fAcqqCd.gif] [Image: EesTi4O.gif] [Image: JavALFZ.gif]
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

(11th Oct 2012, 06:36 PM)Camisado Wrote: I'm actually going to Japan either next year or 2014 too! My boyfriend and myself were on a holiday in April this year and were involved in an emergency landing (turned out to not be a real emergency but better to be safe than sorry!) and we got free two-way tickets to use on Virgin Atlantic as compensation. Given the cost of flights from the UK to Japan... well, we thought we'd use them on that! We're not sure where to go yet, though we will be in Tokyo at the beginning and end of the holiday, and we plan to use trains to visit some other cities and places. I know I'd like to see Kyoto and Osaka, as they're on the main train lines.

I'd also like to add that today I handed in my last university assignment of the year and I am therefore also now halfway through my BSc (Honours) Computing & IT. \o/ I start my next module in January.
ZOMG lucky lmao. What kinda emergency was it btw? I want free tickets to Japan! >:( lmao. And damn that sounds fun! I wanna meet people from Japan and get their FB's and Skype's, especially all the hot girls there lmao.

and nice! That's awesome as, no better feeling than holidays upcoming :D (I'm assuming you got holidays since you're officially halfway through your course)
[Image: tumblr_n03zpdRufG1suedwgo1_400.png]

"Hotel Moscow will not forgive anyone who is involved in obstructing our operations in any way. We will denounce and destroy them, then kill their parents and siblings. If necessary, even their pet dog." - Balalaika (Black Lagoon)

Tumblr | Twitter
Follow me on them! :D I follow for follow.

(12th Oct 2012, 01:18 AM)MinotauroTKO Wrote: ZOMG lucky lmao. What kinda emergency was it btw? I want free tickets to Japan! >:( lmao. And damn that sounds fun! I wanna meet people from Japan and get their FB's and Skype's, especially all the hot girls there lmao.

We made an emergency landing back at London Gatwick shortly after taking off because they thought there was a fire in the luggage hold, but it turned out to be a faulty smoke sensor. We went down the emergency slides and everything! Sounds like you would be best off in some kind of exchange program, maybe it would be easier to make friends with the locals that way? ;)

Here's a blog post I wrote about the whole emergency landing thing if you wanted to know more xD

(12th Oct 2012, 01:18 AM)MinotauroTKO Wrote: and nice! That's awesome as, no better feeling than holidays upcoming :D (I'm assuming you got holidays since you're officially halfway through your course)

My degree is distance learning and I just pick all the appropriate modules to do when I want, then redeem the module points for a degree... I'm just between modules right now! There are just none running between October and January, basically. :) (They recently switched module start dates from October to January for some reason.)
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

Because I killed the chat again:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Not all of you might celebrate Christmas, and we haven't religiously in quite a few years over here in England, but I'm sure everyone is touched by it in some way. What are you all up to this season?

DING DONG as the irc channel is currently off-limits now, I'll bump this thread and allow people to talk here some more instead!

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE FRUIT gogogo

MY FAVORITE FRUIT IS the kiwi fruit or possibly pineapple it kind of depends. I'm also partial to oranges. But actually I prefer berries to fruit, so I really like things like blackberries and raspberries and blueberries and strawberries and so on.

MORE IMPORTANTLY bobandbill dude you were just in Japan for over a week you need to tell us about that! Pictures would also be pretty sweet but I'll definitely be happy with whatever you want to give us. If you can get others to post about that, too, that would be way sweet... Anyway yes TELL US ABOUT JAPAN.

Meanwhile favorite fruit entries are, of course, also accepted.

I am a mango guy. That is hands down my most favourite fruit. Others I like include apples, grapes, blueberries, pears and strawberries (maybe not Australian ones though as they are kinda bland half the time =/).

Japan was quite enjoyable all in all! Vending machines everywhere full of hot drinks helped with the winter part although I daresay I was the most used to the cold given past experiences. =p We stayed in Osaka and Tokyo, and had a day trip to Kyoto as well. Pictures only if other folks are cool with it (that is, pictures of other people, I don't think anyone would mind images of just Japan itself). I might say more when it's not after midnight and brain tiredness though, and allow other people to share their thoughts. =p

My favorite fruits are grapes, mangoes, bananas, oranges, and apples. My mom tends to buy those the most, haha.
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

Strawberries are master race fruit~
I make music or something. Check it out, tell me how much it sucks or maybe doesn't. Love you~

My favourite fruits are probably strawberries, raspberries, clementines, blueberries, blackcurrants, cranberries... uhhh... mango, papaya, and watermelon. I do love apples but I have to cut them up at the moment while I have braces still. Fun fact: pineapple irritates my mouth and tongue something awful.

I actually would love to hear about Japan too! We're going in April 2014. I would like to know sort of how much you spent per night on hotels and maybe transport and eating out and general snacking and such during the day, because that's what's worrying me the most. If you don't mind sharing that kind of info. xD; And pics! The pics, we need to see pics. ;D If your companions are cool with it of course, as you say.

Interesting tidbits: strawberries are accessory fruits, which means they're definitely not berries and it's questionable whether they count as botanical fruits or not. Raspberries, that surprisingly belong to the rose family, and blackberries are also not berries, they're aggregate fruits. Meanwhile, things that are fruits: tomatoes, nuts, coconuts, pumpkins, avocados. Things that are true berries: eggplants, kiwi fruits, grapes, chili peppers. Go figure.

I went to Japan way ages ago, and since it doesn't seem likely I'm going back there anytime soon, I need to live vigorously through others. Ergo, I need more Japan news. Granted, if we had a Japan travels thread, I could possibly tell my own tales and share my pictures, too.

Things I miss most from Japan:
1. Gyudon. That stuff is heavenly, and I don't even understand why. Food overall is crazy awesome in Japan.
2. 100-yen stores. They sell more or less everything for the meager price of 105 yen (because taxes) and it's amazing.
3. Temples. They just have this peaceful atmosphere about them that instantly makes you chillax, and they're somehow a lot more approachable than churches and synagogues and such in western countries.

whee check it out guys my name sparkles

I like a bunch of fruit (hahahahahaha) but my favourite are apples, so. :p

Stuff that is not news:
I actually posted some of my writing on the internet! Yay! xD
I started UNIVERSITY this Monday, so I'm pretty excited about stuff! It's been really cool so far and I'm enjoying all my papers. :D
[Image: tumblr_m6hd8jjbxc1qmo1ubo1_400.gif]
Inventor of the Shoop smiley