Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

General Chat Thread

Talk to your fellow members here about anything and everything! Just keep it friendly and appropiate, and everyone will be happy. *:V

So to start off! What is everyone doing besides reading this?
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Just painted an apartment and now I'm watching Friendship is Witchcraft Ep. 6 while pondering the intricacies of D&D. It's a very jumbled day apparently.

Had been doing quite a lot of stuff today that mostly involved registering a free online course (you guys should check out Coursa, seriously), writing, chores, and job search related stuff.
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

^ That site is pretty neat, I'll write it down somewhere and look into it next year when I'm in uni. At the moment though I'm just procrastinating...I should be asleep now but I still have some homework; I really should just finish it and go to bed. I'm not sure why I'm not doing that. :c
say my name & every colour illuminates;
we are shining & we will never be afraid again

icon credit | florence and taylor are amazing

Nice. At the moment, I'm just doing the usual on the net: FB tab, Twitter tab, YouTube tab, Tumblr Tab and of course The BBS. :D (pretty much most my life these days...)
[Image: tumblr_n03zpdRufG1suedwgo1_400.png]

"Hotel Moscow will not forgive anyone who is involved in obstructing our operations in any way. We will denounce and destroy them, then kill their parents and siblings. If necessary, even their pet dog." - Balalaika (Black Lagoon)

Tumblr | Twitter
Follow me on them! :D I follow for follow.

I'm chilling with a can of Diet Pepsi (Camisado isn't allowed regular Pepsi), browsing The BBS, pondering my next Open University assignment, and trying to figure out how many satellite channels aren't covering the Olympics.

I'd also add that another cool site to compliment Bay's is Duolingo! I've been using it to brush up on the Spanish that I took for four years at school - it's great! Although I'm disappointed that it's South American Spanish and not the Castilian or Catalan that I'm used to. If anyone signs up for Duolingo, let me know and we can be friends. 8D
CamisadoThe BBS Host & Admin ✖ @The_BBS is on Twitter! ✖
[Image: fAcqqCd.gif] [Image: EesTi4O.gif] [Image: JavALFZ.gif]
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

I have now joined Duolingo, but it's being a little useless because I can't get the sounds on it to work no matter what I do, so it keeps failing my lessons and tests... I don't even know what's wrong with it, but it's remarkably disappointing. (Read: Kelly help me what I am doing wrong ;_;)

In other news, I was left without a summer job, so I've been trying to get six hours of writing in every day. I haven't necessarily quite reached that goal on most days, but I have been making very decent progress with this particular novel. It's a steampunk thing with dragons and a guy who can control magnetic fields around him. I am enjoying writing it very much. I have a million other ideas I also really want to write, but looking at the speed I'm currently going at, I'll probably start working on another story sometime relatively soon. We'll see, I guess.

Of course I'm still piss broke because I have no job and no way to make money, but maybe it'll all make up for itself when I'm a bestselling author. Because that's definitely likely. *>>
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

I HELPED ANNI EVERYTHING IS OKAY. Also it is totally possible to be a bestselling author.

I've been trying to do some DuoLingo when I feel the urge to waste the rest of my evening on Reddit. Reddit is terrible for productivity. Just terrible. I tend to lurk in /r/AskReddit and /r/IAmA, interesting/hilarious stuff seems to pop up there pretty regularly.

Speaking of jobs, I am sitting at my desk every day waiting to be able to take some annual leave. I have had a spate of excruciatingly long days recently and I just want time to sit back and do some of my distance learning degree, maybe work on my personal projects too. xD So many of those. I never learn.
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

Double post because I apparently killed the chat thread. Hi, though! Think we can get more action going on in here now the forum has turned over a new leaf and all that? Happycbig

What's new in your lives, guys? Nothing in mine particularly... just off to spend the week tidying up after a county-wide network outage at work!

I get a week off uni after this week, which is just as well as it has been hectic! But things are going well thus far, including my special project (in a nutshell it involves modelling rotation of systems in SPAAACE that relates to a problem of finding star-forming matter in the early universe).

Also I have organised a trip to Japan with friends in February and I am very much looking forward to that. =D My wallet is not but OH WELL you only live once!

Nothing too much happening at my end. The Coursea course I mentioned earlier is going okay so far (model thinking O.o). Also last week and the week before had been watching the US Open tennis matches when I got the chance (thank goodness for online streaming XD ).
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]

(17th Sep 2012, 01:29 PM)bobandbill Wrote: I get a week off uni after this week, which is just as well as it has been hectic! But things are going well thus far, including my special project (in a nutshell it involves modelling rotation of systems in SPAAACE that relates to a problem of finding star-forming matter in the early universe).

That sounds way more complicated than anything I have ever done in my IT career. o__o Hella interesting though!

(17th Sep 2012, 01:29 PM)bobandbill Wrote: Also I have organised a trip to Japan with friends in February and I am very much looking forward to that. =D My wallet is not but OH WELL you only live once!

Ahh, a mutual friend of ours mentioned this! It's a shame I'm not coming over at the same time. Me and my boyfriend are planning to visit Japan using our free tickets from the whole crazy flight we were on in April. We're planning on going April 2013 or 2014 though, depending on when we need to take/book the holiday. Where are you thinking of visiting while you're there? :D

(17th Sep 2012, 06:14 PM)Bay Alexison Wrote: Nothing too much happening at my end. The Coursea course I mentioned earlier is going okay so far (model thinking O.o). Also last week and the week before had been watching the US Open tennis matches when I got the chance (thank goodness for online streaming XD ).

I can't say I watch much tennis...my mother does though! Wimbledon, of course. However, I have signed up for Coursera as I have a three-month gap in my studies between October and January...I might as well do something else with the time! How does it work, do you have assignments and such or is it all non-marked exercises and community support? (I don't expect full-on assignments for free, of course.)

As an aside, my university also has a free section called The Learning Space, if anyone fancies taking a look at that.

Quote:That sounds way more complicated than anything I have ever done in my IT career. o__o Hella interesting though!
And I don't even do IT. =p But it has been going well for me; I guess I stumbled on a good method early on, heh. And it is certainly interesting to work on as well.
Quote:Ahh, a mutual friend of ours mentioned this! It's a shame I'm not coming over at the same time. Me and my boyfriend are planning to visit Japan using our free tickets from the whole crazy flight we were on in April. We're planning on going April 2013 or 2014 though, depending on when we need to take/book the holiday. Where are you thinking of visiting while you're there? :D
Ah well. Feb is basically the only time a fw of us could do it, so Feb it is. We're staying in Tokyo and Osaka during our stay, which'll last for ten days. We're basically going to try to see as much as we possibly can, haha.

Quote:I can't say I watch much tennis...my mother does though! Wimbledon, of course. However, I have signed up for Coursera as I have a three-month gap in my studies between October and January...I might as well do something else with the time! How does it work, do you have assignments and such or is it all non-marked exercises and community support? (I don't expect full-on assignments for free, of course.)
I played tennis when I was in high school, so I know the sport quite a bit haha. As for Coursera, it varies from course to course. The course I'm taking has quizzes, a midterm, and a final. They won't actually be graded though and they're more used as tools for learning the material (I guess you can consider that unmarked exercises). As long as you get the quizzes and tests done you'll have a certificate of completion. In terms of community support there is a forums section if you have any questions of the material (I'm sure all courses will have that). There might be some courses that will grade the assignments, though.

(17th Sep 2012, 07:18 AM)Camisado Wrote: Double post because I apparently killed the chat thread. Hi, though! Think we can get more action going on in here now the forum has turned over a new leaf and all that? Happycbig

What's new in your lives, guys? Nothing in mine particularly... just off to spend the week tidying up after a county-wide network outage at work!

Well, I aim to have quite a bit going on this week.

First of all, I'm currently planning out a story. Don't know if I should post it in the forums since crossovers are not all that welcome, but I really want to write it soon, and it's slowly coming together. Let's just hope writer's block don't ruin it all once I get to work on it.

Second thing is that I've applied for Knott's Berry Farm, and if all goes well, I might be hearing from them in a few days.

There's a third thing where I plan to try some New Age stuff, but it's quite personal, and well... I doubt people would be interested (unless they want some weird details about myself).

So that's all that's been going on in my life.
[Image: V1YVF.png]
From left to right: Witch, Draco Centauros, Feli, and White Feli. All from Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary.
Avatar has (some of) my favorite Pokemon from each generation. Boy, do I have a lot of favorites! XP

(19th Sep 2012, 06:24 AM)Strange Wigglytuff Wrote: Well, I aim to have quite a bit going on this week.

First of all, I'm currently planning out a story. Don't know if I should post it in the forums since crossovers are not all that welcome, but I really want to write it soon, and it's slowly coming together. Let's just hope writer's block don't ruin it all once I get to work on it.

Second thing is that I've applied for Knott's Berry Farm, and if all goes well, I might be hearing from them in a few days.

There's a third thing where I plan to try some New Age stuff, but it's quite personal, and well... I doubt people would be interested (unless they want some weird details about myself).

I don't think anybody here would mind a crossover tbh, so you should go for it! =) They probably aren't as easy to write as fics relying only on one canon often but they can be enjoyable to read imo. (What is being crossover though?)

And that farm sounds delicious, heh. =) I remember picking blueberries before. Good luck with the application!

(19th Sep 2012, 07:32 AM)bobandbill Wrote:
(19th Sep 2012, 06:24 AM)Strange Wigglytuff Wrote: Well, I aim to have quite a bit going on this week.

I don't think anybody here would mind a crossover tbh, so you should go for it! =) They probably aren't as easy to write as fics relying only on one canon often but they can be enjoyable to read imo. (What is being crossover though?)

And that farm sounds delicious, heh. =) I remember picking blueberries before. Good luck with the application!

I plan to cross over Pokemon, Yoshi, Mr. Driller, and Puyo Puyo. You've probably haven't heard too much of the last two, but props if you do!

And as for Knott's Berry Farm, it's actually a theme park: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knott's_Berry_Farm

And thanks!
From left to right: Witch, Draco Centauros, Feli, and White Feli. All from Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary.
Avatar has (some of) my favorite Pokemon from each generation. Boy, do I have a lot of favorites! XP

Don't know Mr Driller, but I vaguely know of Puyo Puyo... wasn't that a falling-block-matching esque game (like Dr Mario or whatnot I suppose)? Think sanik team had something to do with it too.

And huh, theme park. Go figure. I also like those too though. =D (Rollercoasters yaaaay)

Good luck with the Knotts Berry Farm application process, Strange Wigglytuff! I remember going to that theme park twice (fall 2003 and 2005) and had a lot of fun there!

(19th Sep 2012, 12:31 PM)bobandbill Wrote: Don't know Mr Driller, but I vaguely know of Puyo Puyo... wasn't that a falling-block-matching esque game (like Dr Mario or whatnot I suppose)? Think sanik team had something to do with it too.

And huh, theme park. Go figure. I also like those too though. =D (Rollercoasters yaaaay)

Info on Mr. Driller

And you're right about Puyo. It was originally owned by Compile, but Sonic Team took over after they went bankrupt.

And I've been to Knott's before. It was fun. I kinda look forward to working there.