Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Fics and Pics!

Oh, and a definite and enthusiastic YES on the three different tags. Pokémon, Other, and Original, I would suggest we name them. We might need a little sticky to define those categories for added clarity, but yes I agree Jax this is the best idea ever.

Also, seeing as how we have a separate discussion section, I vote that we have a rule stating you must have some manner of art in any thread you post in the actual sections (at least one picture, at least one installation of writing, at least the first part of your LP, at least one music video/remix, whatever applies to what you're posting) and I think it would be recommended to keep your artwork, poetry, or one-shots within one thread to avoid collecting a mass of dead, never-to-be-looked-at-again threads in the section. Though I don't know. Thoughts?
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

I would imagine pixel art and banners and such would go into that category, yes.

Backtracking a little, but like Anni not too sure about naming the sections Literature and Art Exhibit as it sounds slightly pretentious. I would rather have it plain Writings Section and Visual Art section. That's probably just me, though.
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

Just to clarify organization bits, shall it look like this?

(Section Head) <-- Note: This refers to the head of the actual section -- as in, the thing that groups main forums. It is not a forum itself. Name proposals for it? Or should we call it "Paint & Pencil" again?
- Creative Lounge
- Putting Things Into Words [Alternate name proposals: Fiction, Writing, Writing Section, that kind of thing]
- Picture This [Alternate name proposals: Art, Graphics, Drawings & Graphics, Visual Art(s), etc]
- Other Creations

(Or did Glace mean that everything after Creative Lounge is a subforum of it?)

So when I say Wynaut? could go in here as well, I mean the magazine could probably be put in the same section the same way it existed in Paint & Pencil back in the day of last week. But! It can definitely hang out in its own section too, maybe by being pulled right out of Saved and put into a special section containing just it. (I need to break down that section anyway.) Thoughts there?
Holmes: Punch me in the face.
Watson: Punch you?
Holmes: Yes! Punch me! In the face! Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.
- Sherlock, "The Scandal in Belgravia"

The girl responsible for this atrocity to mankind. And this one. And these

Jax Wrote:Just to clarify organization bits, shall it look like this?

(Section Head) <-- Note: This refers to the head of the actual section -- as in, the thing that groups main forums. It is not a forum itself. Name proposals for it? Or should we call it "Paint & Pencil" again?
- Creative Lounge
- Putting Things Into Words [Alternate name proposals: Fiction, Writing, Writing Section, that kind of thing]
- Picture This [Alternate name proposals: Art, Graphics, Drawings & Graphics, Visual Art(s), etc]
- Other Creations

(Or did Glace mean that everything after Creative Lounge is a subforum of it?)
I think so given the -, -- layout of it.

I prefer the names 'Art section' and 'Writing Section' personally, and alternatively without the 'section' bit too. (Ie Art, Writing).

The section head title... Pen and Pencil is alright. How about, also, 'Creative Corner'?

Quote:So when I say Wynaut? could go in here as well, I mean the magazine could probably be put in the same section the same way it existed in Paint & Pencil back in the day of last week. But! It can definitely hang out in its own section too, maybe by being pulled right out of Saved and put into a special section containing just it. (I need to break down that section anyway.) Thoughts there?
Thought that was what you meant in the first place, and still personally think the latter fits better by itself.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

I think that the structure's looking okay so far as you have it there, and I don't really mind either way about the names.

Quote:Also, seeing as how we have a separate discussion section, I vote that we have a rule stating you must have some manner of art in any thread you post in the actual sections (at least one picture, at least one installation of writing, at least the first part of your LP, at least one music video/remix, whatever applies to what you're posting) and I think it would be recommended to keep your artwork, poetry, or one-shots within one thread to avoid collecting a mass of dead, never-to-be-looked-at-again threads in the section.

I think that the idea about having some manner of art is good and for the most part agree with keeping stuff in the same thread, except for one-shots. If you have a bunch of one-shots that aren't related in any way aside from that they have the same author, sure it might make sense from a purely organisational point of view but if someone does a whole lot of one-shots, a thread could potentially get quite unwieldy to navigate and you also have the one thread title. So if it was all in the one thread, would you tag all the fandoms (or original or whatever) that you were likely to use, or what?
[Image: tumblr_m6hd8jjbxc1qmo1ubo1_400.gif]
Inventor of the Shoop smiley

I'd rather keep one-shots to separate threads tbh too, but otherwise with art it makes sense (usually how other forums do it anyway with art).

Sections made!

Names can still change for them if you guys feel it should be something different. Didn't end up making the writing/art/other subsections of the discussion as forum admin stuff was dumb in not letting that setup show the forum descriptions, and it's pretty minor anyway. Prefixes are also in place for Writing/Art/Other Creations.

Go nuts! =D

The paint and pencil section is bigger than every other section.

...That makes so much sense.