Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Fashion analysis

An idea that came to mind; maybe an article or few by some Pokemon fashion designer analysing the latest trends or looking at styles of clothing? For example 'Headwear of the protagonist', 'Team Rocket Fashion' or detailed stuff on important characters (say Elesa would be an obvious example I would think).

Anyone have interest in this idea, including writing it?
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

That sounds like a fun idea. I would like to really see one where Elesa's old and new design are being compared. If no one else is going to write it, I guess I can give this a try in a couple weeks or so once I take care some other writing stuff first? I'm not great with comedy, though. D:
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

Lies, Bay; you know how to do comedy if your old parody fic is anything to go by! =p

And yeah, a comparison of that seems the obvious choice with Elesa and wouldn't require much searching around for content either, imo.

Seeing this immediately made me think of comparing Team Rocket grunt uniforms in their various iterations. Yes, they are almost completely identical, but that would be the joke. That, or just comparing grunt uniforms and the various stylistic choices of evil teams across the world of Pokémon. You could even combine it with a poll asking people which team they think looks the evilest. Opinions?

Regardless of what you say, though, I might write up something or other anyway since I have a bunch of time today to do so...
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

I like the idea of comparing the grunt uniforms from different teams and also a poll. Go for it!

As for me, I'll get started on the Elesa comparison article later tonight when I get home from work. It'll probably not be ready until tomorrow or Saturday, though(er, also need to review a fanfic and the chapter is long haha).
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]

Sorry for the lateness everyone, been busy/distracted and also worrying if I have enough material. XD There are most likely a lot of awkward sentencing and tense mistakes, so I'm totally cool if those have been pointed out. I was thinking about talking about Elesa's hair, but when I think of fashion I think of clothing. If you guys think I should add that then that's cool. Any other ideas on what I should mention/expand and such are appreciated too.

Hello and welcome to Fashion Analysis, where I discuss what’s hot in fashion! For today I’ll be talking about the Shinning Beauty, Elesa! Everyone knows that not only is she the Nimbasa Gym Leader that battles in style but is also a supermodel. It’s then not much of a surprise that she got herself a huge makeover.

Elesa’s original look
[Image: gBZlO.png?1]
All right, I’m jump right off and first say I don’t like Elesa’s headwear. I get that those are wirings and she specializes in electric types, but poor girl most likely accidently tripped a few times while wearing that. I also don’t see why she needs those. Perhaps it’s a fashion accessory and there are models like her that wear something on their head, but not too often.

Her high heels are common for supermodels and I like that those matched the color of her hair well. The next time I meet Elesa I should ask where she buys those shoes from!

Elesa’s outfit I don’t see too many other supermodels wear and slightly unusual, but I’ve seen much weirder. Makes me wonder, though, if it takes her a while to dress onto the blouse and pants. The pants seem to be on the tight side, but then again many supermodels I know wear tight clothing.

Elesa’s new look
[Image: PIQ51.png?1]
There are a couple problems I have with Elesa’s new look. First off, the colors of the shoes don’t match. I get that those are supposed to be the same colors of her headwear (the new one I like much better, which I’ll get to later), but you never, ever, wear different colored shoes outside. I have to admit that the shoes do look more comfortable than her high heel ones, which is good for a gym leader like her that has to stand and battle several trainers every day. If those shoes are either red or blue I would love them much better than her old high heel ones, perhaps.

Elesa’s new headwear I like better as those wirings are gotten rid of. Replacing those I believe are antennas, which I think look nice. Like her old headwear, however, I don’t see the reason behind wearing those except as a fashion accessory. I guess I’m not a big fan of headwear unless they’re hats. I remember seeing the gym leader wearing hats in one of her fashion shows a while back and they’re lovely!

Her new outfit is something I see more supermodels are wearing today, so it’s pretty standard. I really do like the design going on there and the buckle is cute. However, that fur coat is quite too fluffy and big for my taste. How many Pikachu or Mareep were murdered to make that? Good for winter, but horrible for any other season.

Well, that’s all for today’s edition of Fashion Analysis. Tune in next time for more on my thoughts concerning the latest trends in fashion. Stay fabulous, everyone!

Quote:I was thinking about talking about Elesa's hair, but when I think of fashion I think of clothing. If you guys think I should add that then that's cool.
I think it's fine to talk about that.
Quote:For today I’ll be talking about the Shinning Beauty, Elesa!
Maybe just 'Today I'll be talking...'.
Quote:Everyone knows that not only is she the Nimbasa Gym Leader that battles in style, but she is also a supermodel.
Bolded bits suggested additions.
Quote:I get that those are wirings and she specializes in electric types, but poor girl most likely accidently tripped a few times while wearing that
Haha. XD Maybe you could add that that may be why they're shorter later on? But the idea of her walking down a catwalk and tripping to fall on her face is amusing, heh.
Quote:Perhaps it’s a fashion accessory and there are models like her that wear something on their head, but not too often.
This seems a bit off - I feel a different reason could be thought up with it as this sounds a bit...uncertain.
Quote:Elesa’s outfit I don’t see too many other supermodels wear and slightly unusual, but I’ve seen much weirder.
Maybe 'and it certainly looks unusual' there.

Pretty entertaining overall. Length seems fine but as said adding in a bit about her hair is certainly an idea. Also if you want another picture there could be stuff to nab from either her battle opening gif from B2W2, and also certainly gifs lying around of her bit in the b2w2 animated trailer.

Okay, did the corrections and suggestions bobandbill commented on. Added a little bit on the hairstyle and also included a few more pictures. bobandbill, wanted to add makeup but I'm unable to come up with anything, sorry. D: Everyone else, if there are any corrections and such you want to point out let me know!

Hello and welcome to Fashion Analysis, where I discuss what’s hot in fashion! Today I’ll be talking about the Shinning Beauty, Elesa! Everyone knows that not only is she the Nimbasa Gym Leader that battles in style but she is also a supermodel. It’s then not much of a surprise that she got herself a huge makeover.

Elesa’s original look
[Image: gBZlO.png?1] [Image: HlKnt.png] [Image: ZTVFr.png]
All right, I’m jump right off and first say I don’t like Elesa’s headwear. I get that those are wirings and she specializes in electric types, but poor girl most likely accidently tripped a few times while wearing that. I won’t be surprised if that’s why her new headwear is much shorter. I also don’t see why she needs those. I wonder if she has cold ears. Life as a model is not that easy after all!

Her high heels are common for supermodels and I like that those matched the color of her hair well. The next time I meet Elesa I should ask where she buys those shoes from!

Elesa’s outfit I don’t see too many other supermodels wear and it certainly looks unusual, but I’ve seen much weirder. Makes me wonder, though, if it takes her a while to dress onto the blouse and pants. The pants seem to be on the tight side, but then again many supermodels I know wear tight clothing.

Even though Elesa’s hair style is fairly simple, it works. Short fair fits her well and as far as I’m aware blond is her natural hair color. No wonder she’s known as the Shining Beauty!

Elesa’s new look
[Image: PIQ51.png?1] [Image: iKDqX.png] [Image: fSp4Z.png]
There are a couple problems I have with Elesa’s new look. First off, the colors of the shoes don’t match. I get that those are supposed to be the same colors of her headwear (the new one I like much better, which I’ll get to later), but you never, ever, wear different colored shoes outside. I have to admit that the shoes do look more comfortable than her high heel ones, which is good for a gym leader like her who has to stand and battle several trainers every day. If those shoes are either red or blue I would love them much better than her old high heel ones, perhaps.

Elesa’s new headwear I like better as those wirings are gotten rid of and replacing those I believe are antennas, which I think look nice. Like her old headwear, however, I don’t see the reason behind wearing those except as a fashion accessory. I guess I’m not a big fan of headwear unless they’re hats. I remember seeing the gym leader wearing hats in one of her fashion shows a while back and they’re lovely!

Her new outfit is something I see more supermodels are wearing today, so it’s pretty standard. I really do like the design going on there and the buckle is cute. However, that fur coat is quite too fluffy and big for my taste. How many Pikachu or Mareep were murdered to make that? Good for winter, but horrible for any other season.

Elesa still keeps her hair short, but she also has curly bangs and dyes her hair black. I prefer her natural hair color and hairstyle personally, but she still looks lovely with her new look.

Well, that’s all for today’s edition of Fashion Analysis. Tune in next time for more on my thoughts concerning the latest trends in fashion. Stay fabulous, everyone!

Well to be fair she doesn't really use much makeup there, does she? XD Some eyelinear maybe but...
Quote:I have to admit that the shoes do look more comfortable than her high heel ones, which is good for a gym leader like her that has to stand and battle several trainers every day.
Maybe 'like her who has'?
Quote:Elesa’s new headwear I like better as those wirings are gotten rid of. Replacing those I believe are antennas, which I think look nice.
Maybe merge those two sentences? The ending of the first one sounds a bit off to me.

Nothing else to say; looks pretty good! =D

Haha yeah, it seems Elesa only has eyeliner on, so there's not much to go about the makeup.

Okay, made those quick changes! I guess I'll post the article tomorrow since Anni's Masterball article has been recently posted. However I'm not sure to go about posting (it's been a while since I posted at Word Press, haha). D:

And the article got posted, yay!