Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Pokken Tournament Announced

I'll begin by breaking people's hearts by pointing out this is arcade only rn. :V

- 'POKKEN TOURNAMENT'
- Pokemon fighting game announced, 2015 release
- Basically that previously rumoured/hinted Pokemon Fighters thing.
- Producers of Tekken 3 and Soul Calibur involved.
- Seems it may be arcade only. Probably Japan only as a result! HOWEVER: 'In answering questions, it was implied that there may be non-arcade release later since it is said to come first in arcades' (serebii.net).
- The live stream announcement via a japanese streaming site showed a clip of Lucario and Machamp fighting.

Video:

[Image: pokken.jpg]
[Image: pokkentournament.png]
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

What even is this? :D I'm having a hard time convincing myself that this is a real thing... Wow. Then again, it makes perfect sense, because Pokémon sort of is a fighting game - a more strategic, roleplay-y one, but still the basic idea is to fight.

Well, if it does end up being arcade only, I hope arcades here get it because holy balls I want to try it out :D Or maybe I'll just have to go to Japan to find one and play it?
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

I feel it is unlikely that arcades outside of Japan would get it. From my understanding arcades are far more popular in Japan than America these days, and the previous arcade-only game Pokemon has (Battrio) is only found in Japan (I saw some in the Pokemon Centres there).

However, apparently (according to people who are much more in the know than myself about these sorts of games) for the likes of Tekken and etc, it is pretty common for their games to come out on arcades first, and then anything from a few months to a year later move to consoles. The fact they promoted it on the American twitter account and promoted it on the international Pokemon Youtube channel is encouraging too. Wii U is imo the more likely console for it to be found on if it does get there.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D