Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Stuff you want to see removed/changed in the RSE Remakes!

Wordy title, but I like clarity. :V

The RS remakes, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (ORAS) were announced yesterday. List and explain what features or aspects from the original RSE games you'd like to see removed or changed in these games! That can include the plot, maps, side content, teams, etc, major or minor.

BONUS - I feel this topic would also do well as a Top Ten article for the magazine. So stuff you contribute here may end up being used for such an article. (Hence why it may be better to explain your ideas!) Do try to keep it to stuff that was a part of the original games, rather than say 'I want to see the Amie in', for example.

To start off... I feel the rivals need revamping. They never were my favourite rivals, because they were just so darn boring and underwhelming. Brendan/May (depending on who you picked to play as) were overly friendly and just seemed to serve as a way to give you items to get you past roadblocks. And they didn't even get to the end! Sometime considerably before the 7th gym, they decide they're no good at battling, and go back home to help their professor dad. That's it, you'll never battle them again. They never even fully evolve their starter. Yet they then have the gall to turn up when you're taking on the Champion to give you advice on how to beat them. I think we can handle it....

At least they had a great battle theme.

What about Wally? I'd say he had some more going for him; he wasn't a cardboard cutout. The problem is that he goes missing in action. You see him... four times in the game, and the gap is ridiculous after the 3rd appearance (after/around the 3rd gym, in a casual discussion with him). You next see him at the end of victory road, with a full team (and notably only the second time you fight him). I wager many people forgot about him since then! How can you develop a character like him and properly show his growth from a sickly child to a confident, healthy trainer if you hide him for over half the game? =/
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Agreed on May/Brendan. I kinda like them, but compare to the other rivals in later generations I'm hoping there would be more room for development concerning them in the remakes.

One thing I like from the BW/BW2 games but disappointed in the XY games are the gym leaders being more involved in the plot. It's very unlikely the gym leaders will do much in the remakes either, but I can always hope haha.

Also from what I remember in the original games Professor Birch didn't make too much appearances compare to the other professors, even though he's considered the most outgoing. It would be nice if he popped up time to time in the remakes.
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

Quote:One thing I like from the BW/BW2 games but disappointed in the XY games are the gym leaders being more involved in the plot. It's very unlikely the gym leaders will do much in the remakes either, but I can always hope haha.
I'll agree with you there. I loved how in 5th gen gym leaders actually did stuff, and were fleshed out as characters. In X&Y it went back to 'welll... I don't care about you, gimme that badge'. =/

On that note, I wouldn't mind some changes to the Magma/Aqua plot. Not the main idea, just... the execution of some parts. Yes, you were going to make the volcano erupt because you truly believe this is better for the environment. Ignoring the warped part with a lack of emphasis on 'hey you know that's kinda crazy to think that's logical?', they do it by putting a meteorite on a machine and using its energy to make the volcano erupt. Ow my head. =(

Bumpe - wouldn't mind more thoughts on this. I probably could do such an article myself, but the more the merrier, even if you just want to comment on stuff already said!