Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Gen 3 Remakes Announced

Rainbow 
This is reality now, people. I repeat, this is confirmed. This is not a drill. Hoenn is coming back.
[Image: pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-main-169-us.jpg]
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

In honor of the good news (I've been spazzing enough about it on tumblr)

YES! At first I wasn't too sure if the remakes were needed since many Hoenn Pokemon were in X and Y. However, seeing Hoenn, contests, Dive, the characters, and secret bases in 3D would be very cool. Also could be a chance Fairy and Mega Evolution will be put into the remakes somehow.
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

Awesome, unexpected news. I always like GSC the most, but I also liked RSE. Surprised it's this year, but really, 13 months after X&Y is plenty of time (and that was worldwide release too for a change).

Here's hoping for contests as they were (no dancing please, and with 3rd gen contest mechanics ;_;), and secret bases! SECRET BASES AAAAAAA
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

(7th May 2014, 05:43 PM)Praxiteles Wrote: In honor of the good news (I've been spazzing enough about it on tumblr)

Normally, I turn off annotations, but ... that was worth it. Completely.

In any case, I am excite. While, yeah, I love Johto as a setting, Hoenn's games have always been my favorites, just because the Pokémon, the music, the terrain, the bells and whistles, and generally the everything. Hell, I even kinda like the story a little more than the other games.

But mostly, I'm excited because Lanette's going to be in it, and every time there's a remake, there's plenty of opportunity for shiny new canon. I mean, Bill was already hyping her up in the GSC remakes. Poor girl needs new official art and new canon tidbits. Like, just anything would be awesome.

In the meantime, I've already decided I'm getting Aqua Sapphire, just because Sapphire was my Gen III game of choice thanks to bitsy me going, "asdfghjkl; LOOK AT THAT AWESOME ORCA LEGENDARY OMG A WATER-TYPE LEGEND THAT ISN'T EFFING SUICUNE." I'm also really, really intrigued by these cosmetic changes we're seeing on the box art. Might they have some kickass plot relevance? Might we be seeing ORAS-only Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre? Inquiring minds must know!
Holmes: Punch me in the face.
Watson: Punch you?
Holmes: Yes! Punch me! In the face! Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.
- Sherlock, "The Scandal in Belgravia"

The girl responsible for this atrocity to mankind. And this one. And these

I'm super duper psyched because I'm a total latecomer to the game side of Pokémon (I watched the anime since day one, collected the cards, and occasionally flipped out about the awesomeness of Pokémon Stadium at a friends' house, but my parents would not get us a Game Boy Littlecfrown) so I missed RSE the first time round. I've never gotten to play them, and by now, they're not really even that compatible with any console I do own. So with the remakes I'll finally have access to the much hyped and clearly well-loved 3rd gen games! No nostalgia here for me, but I am so excited regardless. :D

I'm totally gonna go for Sapphire as well, if only because I'll pick blue over red any day. That, combined with the boxart, the general affinity with water, and the fact Kyogre just looks more awesome than Groudon ever will (plus the fact Stephen wants Omega Ruby, lol), my choice is settled.

I'm really hoping these games were made by the same team that did HGSS, because it remains the best execution of a Pokémon game I've seen implemented so far. Screw C-gears and other nonsense, I want the menu back on the lower screen, preferably with the run toggle if at all possible. And I reeeeeally reeeally really want to see a 3D Pokémon following my character ;_; I know it's a silly cosmetic, but I want it back so bad. I would really not mind another round of the Pokéwalker, either, but I can see how that would probably be pretty unlikely at this point.

Do you suppose we'll keep Pokémon Amie for the remakes? I'm pretty sure we're getting more mega evolutions at least. I mean, this explains the handful of pictures of mega Latis quite nicely, for instance. GUYS GUYS WHAT IF WE GET MEGA DEOXYS AAA also keeping my fingers crossed for a mega Sableye because heck yeah Sableye needs more love!

Quote:I'm really hoping these games were made by the same team that did HGSS, because it remains the best execution of a Pokémon game I've seen implemented so far. Screw C-gears and other nonsense, I want the menu back on the lower screen, preferably with the run toggle if at all possible.
Unless they changed things around, that's quite possible! I assume the HGSS team also did B2W2, and if they still kept thing split up than that'll mean that it's their turn again. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if there was say some joint effort to some degree involved with X&Y, just because it's the first attempt by Game Freak on the 3DS with Pokémon.
Quote:Do you suppose we'll keep Pokémon Amie for the remakes? I'm pretty sure we're getting more mega evolutions at least. I mean, this explains the handful of pictures of mega Latis quite nicely, for instance. GUYS GUYS WHAT IF WE GET MEGA DEOXYS AAA also keeping my fingers crossed for a mega Sableye because heck yeah Sableye needs more love!
I hope we do have Amie again! But with the megas... less confident.

We do know we have the Lati twins getting megas, but nothing else had been found for gen 3 pokes (or really much else for anything). That means that as it stands, to be able to use 3rd gen megas you'd need to do so from RSE alone, and there could be issues with trading/battling with X&Y if it has no data.

Of course... they could always use updates (like they already did to fix some wifi issues/bugs) to put in these new mega forms. Although if they do that then it'd beg the question as to why they had Lati@s mega data in, complete with graphics, and nothing for anything else (work in progress, maybe?). But we'd have to wait and see on that!

We got more updates from coro coro

Show ContentSpoiler:
More on serebii.net and other places.

Features
- mega forms for Sceptile and Swampert! Sceptile seems to get better with a dragon typing and Lightning Rod. Swampert looks like knuckles ala Sanik Boom, and gets Swift Swim (a bulky, decent attack with speed? Hum).
- Steven Stone has something to do with mega stones. No surprises there! He has a mega bangle. Stylish!
- The Aqua/Magma admins got redesigns. Pirates hate taking care of their clothes it seems!
- Two bikes again
- protagonists also have different clothing.

Triple post c'mon guys, we're talking the RSE remakes here! D=

Release dates were announced, of the 21st November for America and Japan (and Australia, pity I'm on a trip so I can only pick it up the day after but oh well), and the 28th November for Europe (unknown why but I bet there's a few potential reasons for that).

Besides that, we got some gameplay (short bits and pieces but better than nothing!), the map, and info about new megas. Namely, Swampert and Sceptile (they seem like they have good potential! I am alright with their new designs too), and also Sableye as well.

One tumblr post mentions likely reason for Europe's release date is something in the game probably didn't sit too well with the people heading the European game ratings (think back the "gambling content" before HG/SS's release). But yeah, the European fans' reaction to that is pretty immature, bleh.

I think Mega Sableye looks cute hiding behind its large jewel, lol.
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/t...ret-bases/

HECK YES

Quote:Super-Secret Bases are an awesome new way to express your creativity and join up with friends in the upcoming Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire games. Create a Secret Base that’s all your own, including selecting and placing Decorations however you like. You can use Decorations to create tricks in your Secret Base, decide the rules for what kind of Pokémon battles are allowed there, and make it like your very own Pokémon Gym! Then get ready for other players to come and challenge you!

Using communication features, it’s easy to connect with other players around the world to share your Secret Bases with one another. When you visit another player’s Secret Base, that base’s members will be hanging out there. You can talk to them or even battle them! If you find base owners that you like, you can scout them as one of your Secret Pals and bring them back to your own Secret Base. Once you’ve become Secret Pals with someone, you can continue to have Pokémon battles against them, and also have your Pal use “special skills” to support you on your adventure.

Another fun aspect of Super-Secret Bases is a capture-the-flag activity. Examine the flag beside the Secret PC in another player’s Secret Base to obtain it! You can take one flag per day from each base visited. Visit lots of Secret Bases and collect lots of flags to improve your team’s rank and get rewards, including increasing the skills of your Secret Pals. Flag colors will change based on a team’s rank, so you can tell another team’s rank at a glance—and others can tell yours!

You can share your Super-Secret Base with Trainers all over the world! Symbolize your Secret Base with a QR Code. With a QR Code, you can get the Secret Base of a particular player you’ve been wanting to visit.

To help you get started with Super-Secret Bases, you’ll meet Secret Base Expert Aarune. Aarune and his Flygon are world travelers, bursting with excitement about the Secret Base culture in the Hoenn region. This enthusiastic adventurer will teach you all about the fun of Secret Bases during your journey.

Look forward to building your own Super-Secret Base—and visiting your friends’ Super-Secret Bases—in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, launching this November!

Also a bunch of coro coro scans. Besides a new mega (Metagross!), they showed gym leader/a few E4 member/Birch art (Birch bulked up). Also a LOT of pikachu in different costumes. 5, to be exact... hi there, contests?

Show ContentSpoiler:

We got a bunch of coro coro leaks again for this month. Three new megas, some art of contest-esque contests for Brendand and May (they mirror two of the Pikachu costumes, interestingly!), nothing about contests bar some other character posing, and there will be a shiny Beldum with mega stone in the games.

Hmm, no Mega Ludicolo or Flygon. =( Here's hoping there's more later on.

I'm not quite a fan of Salamence's mega design. Seems somewhat similar to the Lati@s twins designs, and it sure looks hella uncomfortable for it too. Has potential to be overkill though...

Altaria - I'm okay with it. Maybe its design could have been a bit beyond more fluff, but I suppose it suits it!

Lopunny - I never cared for this line tbh. I think it has potential in being able to hit ghost types with stab fighting-type moves now. Go figure, Lopunny being a cheerleader --> fighting ninja thing.

Yeah I too am not a fan of Salamence's mega design. I'm still going to send my Salamence from X to Alpha Sapphire, though. I'm more interested in Altaria's Dragon/Fairy typing as it appears no Dragon type moves will hit it. And more fluff is okay with me. XD

Well, it looks like they're taking contests seriously, for sure. Not sure if that would be construed as a good thing or no, since I've yet to play Gen III style contests, but it looks sorta awesome to me. Though we'll see, knowing how things have gone in the past, I wouldn't be that surprised if costumes were a Pikachu-only thing or something...

I dunno about Salamence, the mega design is sort of cool to me. The wings are pretty uncomfortable-looking, yeah, but the head is imo much cooler than the original design. But ultimately what's more interesting to me is the typing, since the designs kind of tend to be a tad bit derpy in general in my opinion... And Lopunny's sudden ninja transformation is interesting for sure. I've never used that line for anything ever, but it sort of makes me happy that mega evolutions aren't just a thing for the cooler, more popular Pokémon. Plus it vastly improves Lopunny's design, which I guess isn't THAT hard to do, lol. plus it gives me hope for a mega furrett

Yeah, I suppose Lopunny could use a Mega evolution, and certainly more so than the likes of Salamence. :V Design still looks weird to me... wonder what the 3D model for it is like though.

EDIT: fanart can help make designs funnier, or just plain look better than the official art though.
Show ContentSpoiler:
Quote:Though we'll see, knowing how things have gone in the past, I wouldn't be that surprised if costumes were a Pikachu-only thing or something...
I feel these costumes will be Pikachu only, and every other Pokemon will just have to go as-is into contests, however they actually work this time around. naked

Now we have a trailer and more contest details to discuss!

I'm glad to see the appeal and jam parts of moves is back in. Seems contests are back to their original mechanics, sans the addition of the megas if you do well enough in getting combos!

The addition of megas is an interesting one. Am curious how the different last appeals from mega evolution will look like. With more moves added through gens 4 to 6, should be fun seeing a lot of combos!

There's also a bit info about horde battles coming back and how there will be horde training battles. This screenshot cracks me up for some reason (watch me use this for my Fashion Analaysis article).

Yes, I found that picture pretty amusing as well.

I'm looking forward to what new combos may include in contests, as well as how moves like Foul Play will work in them.

It was also neat to see the megas in their models now.

More megas! Mega Gallade (complete with art with Wally, so he's getting one from his Ralts), Mega Camerupt with Sheer Force and less speed/more everything else, and Mega Sharpedo with more everything and Tough Jaws (so a more powerful crunch to couple a speed boost before you mega evolve). Thoughts on these guys?