Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

VGC discussion

Various VGCs (Video Game Comps for Pokémon - rn ruleset is Doubles, 4/6, team preview, Kalos Dex Only being the main rules I believe) have occurred/are to occur soon enough. So why not a discussion thread about VGC battling?

Ever been to one of these, or plan to? Ever tried out doubles for that matter, be it over wifi or simulator battles? Any team ideas you want to share?
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Despite my love for competitive battling, I haven't really looked into VGC. It just looks really confusing to me. I'm used to Smogon's simulator, so I would have to get used to a whole new rule set. There's no tournaments where I live, so I don't know if I'll ever go to an actual competition, but I think it would be fun to travel over to Seattle and stay for one.

I recently entered a VGC tournament in Sydney (My first one) and was fortunate enough to win :) here's my team summary http://pokemonaustralia.com/nsw-pokemon-...rs-report/
"We dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokémon...and we succeeded." ~ Neil Degrasse Sagan

I'd like to play in one at some point, but I don't know much about them. I'm also worried I'm going to be the only 20-something there and I'll either beat all of the kids easily or get my butt handed to me by one of them. I'm not sure which would be worse.
Δ

Doubt that. Only been to one myself (back in early 5th gen), but there was a lot of people across different ages. And for the ones coming up in Australia they've got three different age groups as well, so for official VGC comps you won't risk losing to kids. =p

And then there's the comps they have over wifi too, and that again comes with different age groups.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D