Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Google Map's April Fools

Why is this in the Pokémon section, you ask? Well...

Quote:Dozens of wild Pokémon have taken up residence on streets, amidst forests and atop mountains throughout Google Maps.

To catch 'em all, grab your Poké Ball and the newest version of Google Maps for iPhone or Android. Then tap the search bar, "press start," and begin your quest.

And, follow Google Maps on Google+, Facebook or Twitter for hints and tips for the most dedicated trainers.

Google
Pokémon content 2014 Pokémon/Nintendo/Creatures/GAME FREAK
(And it is already april fools in this part of the world).

Pity you need a recent smartphone for it. =( Still, seems really neat, haha.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Two things I want a lot: to be a Pokemon master and to work for Google.

Two skills I have: knowledge of Pokemon battling and computer programming.

Why do they torture me????? (This thing is awesome and I want it to be real.)
[Image: Mine_Dome_Fossil.png]

Worst April Fool's joke ever... because I desperately want it to be real ;_; Imagine how mind-bendingly awesome this would be! Especially if they combined it with the 3DS AR capabilities. I mean, just think about it... you could go visit the locations, sort of like geocaching, point your 3DS around, and actually see the Pokémon out there á la 3D Pokédex! And then if you could actually fight it, or at least do the type of capture you can do in Safari Zones... Oh man.

WHY IS THIS NOT A THING
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Basically, if it was a real thing, it could be a Pokemon Snap 2. And that would work amazingly well on 3DS or the Wii U's gamepad.

So yeah, I agree with you. I WANT THIS TO BE A REAL THING TOO
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Apparently, if you had a smart phone, you could use the google maps and zoom in on places and then click on the Pokemon you saw to catch them. Which is way less cool, but way easier programming. Maybe Google would hire me if I built that AR...
[Image: Mine_Dome_Fossil.png]