The BBS Rules: Readme.txt
8th Mar 2014, 06:00 PM
The BBS Rules: Readme.txt
1. Do not spam. Spam includes off-topic or pointless messages (such as posts about potato chips in threads about Pikachu) or creating threads solely to advertise a product or website. Please limit advertising of personal websites to your signature. Discussions of personal websites should be done in Other Creations for the purpose of seeking feedback.
2. Do not post shocking or disturbing content. This includes porn, graphically violent images, links to shock sites/screamers, offensive material, etc. Please be mindful of the fact that while we are not specifically rated R or PG-13, there are minors viewing these forums.
3. Do not double/multipost. As in, if you just posted in a thread, do not create a new post to add additional content. Please use the edit button.
- EXCEPTIONS: All creative threads (e.g., fic threads, art threads) are exempt from this rule for content creators. Meaning, if you are an author, an artist, or so forth either replying to a review or posting new content, it is completely fine to double-post.
4. Do not flame or troll members. Do not send messages that are hateful, sexually explicit, threatening, abusive, and so forth. Respect your fellow members, be it via profile notes, PM, or public.
5. Do not upload illegal content to the board. Do not post ROMs, music, and so forth. You may link to places such as YouTube, but ROM websites are a flat no.
6. Do not post drama. This includes threats to leave, threads dedicated solely to accusing fellow members of wrongdoing, threads dedicated to fighting with other members, and demands for staff to be demoted. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in a banning (for threatening to leave) or warnings (for everything else). Should more than one member be involved with the drama, warnings will be handed out to everyone. Please keep any issue you have towards other members private. Use the PM and report abuse systems to contact mods if you feel that you’re being attacked or if someone is making you uncomfortable. But please do not make those issues public.
- If you feel harassed by staff or if staff is making you feel uncomfortable, please consult an admin. The whole point is that making issues like these risks causing flamewars to happen or encourages a toxic atmosphere.
7. Do not stalk other users. In general, just please don’t make people feel uncomfortable.
8. Do not plagiarize. Do not post content that is not yours, and do not claim content that is not yours as being your own creation.
- If you feel that you have been plagiarized, please let us know by filing a post report or speaking with staff. We apologize if this happens, and we will do our best to resolve it quickly.
9. Please place warnings at the top of creative threads if your content contains common triggers. Please warn for flashing images in an art thread, for example. You might also warn for self-harm, suicide, rape, or so forth in either fic or art threads. Please use your best judgment to avoid making others feel triggered or unsafe browsing The BBS.
1. When reporting, click the button that reads “report” in the bottom right-hand corner of each post. Write up a post as detailed as possible and hit send. Please do not mini-mod, or create a post exclusively to tell someone else that they broke a rule. This falls under spamming because it’s off-topic discussion.
2. If someone is harassing you via PM or profile notes, please take a screenshot and send it to a mod. We cannot take action unless we see exactly what you mean.
3. If a mod is harassing you, please follow the same steps as the above.
4. Please note that we may not respond to post reports if we don’t believe a rule is being broken. If you don’t see an action being taken after a day, please feel free to ask us about your report. We will tell you whether or not we took action, what that action was, and why. If you feel our ruling wasn’t appropriate, feel free to respond to us then to let us know.
1. Please keep signatures at a sane length. Do not make the page stretch, and do not create signatures so large they take up a full page.
2. Signatures, avatars, profile pics, etc must not contain offensive or violent material, including blood/gore and nudity.
3. Do not link to offensive material, including but not limited to pornographic websites and screamers.
4. If your signature uses images or other material created by someone other than you (regardless of whether or not they're members of this website), credit must be given to the original creator.
For most rules, you may receive a warning. Instant banning (banning before you accumulate an insane amount of warnings or infractions) will be handed out to any member who harasses others, join exclusively to advertise (i.e., are obvious spambots), or those who generally generate a toxic environment on the forums. So please post sanely and safely.
Please also note that if you receive a warning or infraction for any of the above rules, the mod's word in that case is final. While we try to be as friendly as possible, if you do find yourself on the receiving end of a mod warning, chances are, it's extremely clear that a rule break has happened. So please remember that the rules exist for a reason (namely to create a fun, comfortable atmosphere for everyone) and that when someone tells you to stop doing something, chances are, you shouldn't be doing that thing.
Thank you and enjoy your stay on The BBS!
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)