Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Twitch Plays Pokémon

And everything is going to hell.

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

If you haven't heard of it yet, someone started a twitch account (video streaming service) where a bot is set up to take commands from people in the chat in what to do. They say left, character goes left. a - a button pressed. Etc.

People are struggling to get past a ledge leading to rock tunnel as of this post. Speaking of which, imagine how people screaming instructions at the same time will navigate a dark cave. Well, if they get there of course. :V

Not a bad experiment, I suppose!
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

I was checking the Twitch livestream a bit and it was sure fun for a while. There was one part where Red is in SS Anne and in one of the battles the Pidgeotto kept using whirlwind, haha. Another part I saw is Red's meeting with Bill and everyone on the chat going "PROGRESS!" XD
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

I watched them just now and THEY MADE IT PAST THE LEDGE

It only took them half a day :V

It's amazing how they've made it this far. I'm wondering how they'll get the surf tm from the safari zone though.
"We dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokémon...and we succeeded." ~ Neil Degrasse Sagan

Yes, considering the problems they had with that one ledge... the Surf HM will be a bugger to get. At least people can yell the general directions to go in and it doesn't rely on ledge navigating, just getting to a building in enough steps. :V

Whelp. They did it, they actually beat the E4 and Champion and won the league. They beat Pokémon Red.

Certainly a historic 'something' of the internet.

They're taking on GSC after a day break as well.

Hahaha, that's pretty impressive. I never actually watched the actual thing, but I've seen the fanart and tributes and everything else crop up ALL OVER THE INTERNET for the past couple of weeks. So, apparently it's awesome? I'll have to check out the new one when it starts, I think. Besides, GSC for the win :3
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

I'm kinda surprised they managed to have a Nidoking, lol. I was watching a bit when Red made it to the Elite 4 but then went to sleep when they made it to the Hall of Fame. Saw a youtube video of them beating Blue, though. XD

I know another twitch plays that was doing Crystal version and it has much less people. When I went to check it real quick a few days ago they were already at the Team Rocket taking over Goldenrod Radio arc (back when twitch plays Pokemon was at 6th/7th badge).
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

Twitch Plays Pokemon is great. Every little thing they manage is so much of an achievement (catching Zapdos, getting a Nidoking, actually beating the game). They've started on Crystal now, and gotten through most of it a lot faster. I like the mode switch they've done (Democracy* turns on every hour, but Anarchy** can be voted in at any time), and really, really hope that the organizer can hack in the team they created from the first game to be the final battle in the last one.

(TPP is also what brought me back here, in a roundabout, 'hey remember ASB that was great, I should check on the BBS' kind of way.)

*Democracy: Fiddly-bits mode, everyone votes for one action over thirty seconds, winning move gets executed
**Anarchy: Classic mode, all commands are executed as they are recieved (but most commands get ignored because the button presses do not queue)
[Image: Mine_Dome_Fossil.png]

Woah, they got through Ice Path. Good work on their part given the mess that would have been.

I still check it every so often. Not as interesting as the initial run but I love GSC to death and them getting stuck a lot is great for listening to the tunes for a good while too, haha. Not surprised that they seem to be moving quicker - more used to the concept after all, and less puzzles that would get in the way of it (ala Team Rocket Hideout).
Quote:and really, really hope that the organizer can hack in the team they created from the first game to be the final battle in the last one.
Same here. Probably would have preferred that they were otherwise using a proper version rather than a hack. Wild Cyndaquil and the GS Ball is weird and adds nothing imo. =/

EDIT: [Image: twitch_crystal_waytogo2.png]

I got to see them beat the E4! Took them a while once they got there, not helped by teleporting to New Bark Town from the league at least once, haha. It was pretty close too - I happened to switch it on midway through Koga, where their Espeon was sweeping. It then swept most of Bruno's team despite using Bite some times until it ran out of Psychic PP... and then it was a bit messy. KT the dragonair lost to Vileplume but Steelix took out Umbreon and Gengar, albeit falling to a Destiny Bond. Then the Pidgeot of the run beat the remaining of Karen's pokes, but took a beating (including a critical hit and missing with Fly...and Houndoom being healed with a Max Potion during Fly), so it had its HP in the red.

So the battle against lance was just down to Feraligatr in essense, who got thunder waved by a Dragonite. And Cut kept being used. :V But it tanked hits like a boss, until the last Pokémon, Aerodactyl. Feraligatr had 30-odd HP left. And Aerodactyl was the one thing that Pidgeot can't really hit, of course.

Feraligatr tanked a Hyper Beam with 6 HP left and OHKO'd with Icy Wind. :V

I like it when I have good timing and get to see stuff like that, haha.