Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Disney Discussion

Rainbow 
Because I'm in a particularly Disney mood. Angrygrin Have a Disney/Pixar discussion thread!

What are your favorite Disney movies? Who are your favorite characters? Least favorite movies? Most profound moments? Favorite villains? Or do you generally not like Disney at all, or never watch Disney movies for whichever reason?

Spoilers in spoiler tags please, otherwise any Disney/Pixar movie, character, feature, and event is a go!
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Favourite Disney movies - hmm, not sure. Lion King is up there though, just one I watched a fair bit as a kid and has some catchy songs. (Be PREPAAARRRED). Pixar (seeing you also mentioned them) is a different level though imo, I prefer them way more than Disney ones. Toy Story 3 is the pick for me. It was the best follow up to the previous two, probably helped by the whole gap between the films. Also, Spanish Buzz.

I did see Frozen recently. Movie was alright, didn't go in too expecting much. Lots of songs, some were catchy as mentioned, and the trailers were pretty misleading. Plot was still a bit predictable imo as it went, but then again, it is a Disney film. At least they had a go with some of the events there. Olaf wasn't too annoying, just a bit average overall imo.

Oh, and for those who have seen it, enjoy this version of one of the first songs. https://soundcloud.com/nipahdubs/do-...uild-a-snowman

You're welcome. :V
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

My favorites, as of this January, are Mulan, Frozen, and quite possibly Atlantis or Lilo & Stitch, if we're talking about only Disney, and then for Pixar it's Wall-E, Finding Nemo, and Monsters Inc. I really liked Monsters U as well when I saw it last summer, and I feel like I should definitely watch it again to properly appreciate it. In many ways I feel like it was even better than the first movie...

But in general, there are no Pixar movies I don't like. Cars is sort of weak, but it's entertaining at least. The rest of them are pure gold, even the more forgotten ones like A Bug's Life and Brave.

If we're talking about songs, then The Jungle Book has some of the greatest Disney songs to me. Lion King is also a pretty good one, and there's not a single song I don't like in Mulan. The combination of awesome songs, awesome plot, and the greatest Disney protagonist makes Mulan my favorite, and childhood nostalgia prevents it from ever being replaced by another Disney movie :D I mean, Frozen was great, and Tangled was pretty good too, but I'll never like another Disney movie quite as much as Mulan because I'll never get to watch them for the first time as a ten-year-old.

Still, I really do feel like Disney movies just keep getting better, recently, or at least since the beginning of the 90's. Anyone else agree?
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -