Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

General Sport Discussion

Did anyone catch the closing ceremonies? It was pretty sweet. I can't wait to see what Koreans come up with for the next winter olympics! Should be cool.

Also did anyone watch the hockey finals? We ended up beating USA for bronze after the Swedes pushed us out of running for gold :( But bronze is still pretty good! And it's always nice to beat one of the big hockey countries. Congrats to Canada and Sweden for their medals, also. We'll take you on next time!
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Only some bit of it, really. And only saw highlights of the hockey finals too because they aired lateish for us. =( Yay for you, Anni, and nay for the American posters here. =p
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

I saw most of the closing ceremonies and thought it's pretty neat. Haven't watched the hockey finals, but heard US did quite bad against Finland, lol. Ah well.
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

Is it just me, or does getting fourth sound like the worst position to get?

No, I think the worst positions are in the 15 + range. I mean, think about it - we don't usually even hear much about athletes who don't make it to the top 15 or 10, at least. Someone who comes in 17th at the olympics could full well have gotten their record so far, and still not do as well as the top athletes, so we never hear a single word about them. It gets even more depressing when the highest ranking of a given (usually small) country in something is 22nd, or 35th even, or something. How many times have you heard of Georgia while watching winter sports? Or Hungary? Or Finland, in anything that isn't cross-country skiing or hockey?

Though, apparently bronze medalists are almost invariably happier than silver medalists, because bronze is won and silver is lost, so I can see how being fourth would be really sucky.
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

A little event has started nearly a week ago, called the FOOTBALL WORLD CUP YEAAAAAH

Anyone been watching any of it? Australia lost their first game (expected), but we actually played respectably sans the first 20 minutes, imo.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Yup!

Although I'm not full on watching, just the teams I'm cheering for lol. Which would be: Japan, South Korea and Russia. Watched the SK vs Russia match today lol, was funny as. Dat kick into orbit lmfao
[Image: tumblr_n03zpdRufG1suedwgo1_400.png]

"Hotel Moscow will not forgive anyone who is involved in obstructing our operations in any way. We will denounce and destroy them, then kill their parents and siblings. If necessary, even their pet dog." - Balalaika (Black Lagoon)

Tumblr | Twitter
Follow me on them! :D I follow for follow.