Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

New here!

Hey there everyone, I'm new here :)

My name is Zach (hence the username), and it's been quite some time since I've made an introduction thread of any sort, so I apologize if this seems a little rusty. Littlecfrown

Anyways, I came here from PokéCommunity, and I've seen the magazine a few times through bobandbill's signature, and I thought it'd be neat to join here. For those of you who are on PC but don't know me, I'm the moderator of the Technology & Internet section over there :)

I've been into Pokémon since I was 5 years old, and my first game was Gold. Unfortunately the battery ran dry in it back in 2012, and I miss it quite a lot :( but I still have fond memories of it because I still own the Game Boy Color I first played it on.

Nowadays though, my favorite generation is probably Gen VI because of how well-done the graphics and soundtrack are. But my favorite Pokémon is the Snivy evolution line.

I'm also a large fan of technology, so if you need any help with any sort of tech problems, you could probably ask me and I'd be able to help out :p

Anyways, really looking forward to being here!

Welcome, Zach! I'm also a member from PokeCommunity but I mostly lurk there, haha. Pretty neat you're a moderator there.

Well, have a look around and hope you enjoy your stay here!
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

Welcome Zach, it's great to see you over here!

Does no one realize that I have the magazine in my sig too? :(

Anyway, I really hope you decide to stay with us for a long time. Are you planning to work on your writing and try your hand at an article or two by any chance? I know we would love it if you did! Even if you didn't, we'd be just as happy with you contributing to the various topics around here. Welcome to our little community we have here and I'm really happy you decided to join!

Thanks y'all for the welcome :D

Yes Slayr, I've noticed it in your sig as well xD but I first noticed it in bobandbill's sig sorry :p

And definitely! I would definitely love to touch up any writing skills I have, possibly in the coming months as my writing skills improve while at college this Spring.

Well welcome again!
(For everyone else, I PM'd him a welcome because he made a post before making a thread here, so yeah)
But yeah, I hope you like it here and maybe even write for or edit for the 'zine!
(Also come on guys I have it in my sig for like 5 forums!)

Welcome, Zach. Glad to have you here.

Oh, Gen II batteries. Such a massive nostalgia killer, right? Shame about those. But! Definitely word to the Gen VI love.

We would also love to welcome any tech-minded folks to the forum just in case something breaks and we start flailing when it's insane o' clock in Camisado's timezone.
Holmes: Punch me in the face.
Watson: Punch you?
Holmes: Yes! Punch me! In the face! Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.
- Sherlock, "The Scandal in Belgravia"

The girl responsible for this atrocity to mankind. And this one. And these

Quote:Does no one realize that I have the magazine in my sig too? :(
You see, you need a Wess dance linking to it or the forums, at least. ;p

Again, welcome to the forums, and good to see that the registration issues were bypassed. (Yay Camisado!).

My first game was Silver. Pity that battery also died...
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Greetings, Zach! Glad to see you here!

I'm not sure what your focus in terms of technology fanhood is (it's been pretty much forever since I was on PC, though I do have an account there that was once active), but mine is so focused that it's kind of silly. I have a minor in computer science in college and a keen interest in all manner of computer wizardry, especially with regards to gaming, but all other branches of technology remain more or less a mystery to me. :D That's what you get for being too much into a specific thing, though!

You are definitely most welcome to work on the magazine, as much or as little as you choose. We all appreciate an extra hand and a fresh viewpoint, but only as long as you want to do it. There's plenty of members around who aren't interested in working on it, so don't feel like you have to!

Overall, welcome to the BBS! Make yourself at home and have a good time. Happycat
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Welcome! Always good to have more technowizards! And PC members at that! About that game of yours: replacing the battery is actually not extremely difficult if you're inclined to do a bit of soldering. I replaced the battery in my Crystal version and it works like a charm now. There's probably tutorials floating around on the internet. The hardest part is actually finding a tool that fits the screw on the game cartridge.

But anyway, yes! Welcome.
Δ

Oh my, he's banned? That's unfortunate.

Well now I'm really confused...

Edit: And now he's not? Weird...

Folks, please don't spam Zach's welcome thread. If Zach is having issues with his membership, then that's between him and staff. In any case, from the looks of things, he's fine.
Holmes: Punch me in the face.
Watson: Punch you?
Holmes: Yes! Punch me! In the face! Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.
- Sherlock, "The Scandal in Belgravia"

The girl responsible for this atrocity to mankind. And this one. And these

I'm fine, nothing more. I was somehow auto-banned by some sort of spam filter, but I sent a PM to site admin and I seem to have been resolved.