Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

What'cha watching?

Ohh I saw Winter Soldier as well! I liked it better than the first one, actually. It had a lot more substance, I felt, and it's pretty interesting how all these different movies are woven together while still keeping them essentially standalone films. Also woot Scarlet Witch! This should be good...

I also saw Lego Movie recently, but I was extremely unconvinced. It was a pretty okay movie with a lot of good jokes, but the plot was formulaic like nobody's business, and the weird parts towards the end of the movie (as mentioned by bnb above) completely broke my suspension of disbelief and effectively ruined the movie for me. So, now I pretend they never happened :D Overall it was an okay movie, I guess, just not for me.

Then I recently watched Spider-Man 2, the original 2004 version, because it was on TV... MAN it was awful :D I giggled my way through half of it because it was so awkwardly done. I haven't seen the new Spiderman movies yet, and I'm sort of debating whether it's really worth it... But the Thor movies I definitely want to see.

The very first thing on my to-watch list is Wind Rises (the actually final Miyazaki movie), though, because I've heard amazing things about it. Anyone seen that yet?
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

I recently saw Guardians of the Galaxy with friends, and enjoyed it. It didn't take itself very seriously and the plot was a bit predictable, but it was quite entertaining and amusing in parts as well. I also appreciated the movie's soundtrack, haha.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet, but I heard from friends it's a very fun movie. I'll probably watch it when it comes to DVD (pretty much been saying that with most movies now these days :x)

I recently binged watched Gravity Falls and caught up with the new season. I enjoy the characters and the shenanigans very much. New episode doesn't come until early September, so waiting on that, haha.

Been watching quite a bit anime during the summer.

-Tokyo Ghoul: The gore can get overdone at times, but I'm enjoying the different interactions with the characters.

-Sailor Moon Crystal: I've only watched a few episodes of the original anime, haven't read the manga version. Plot seems so-and-so, but I'm liking the characters.

-Zankyou no Terror: I enjoyed Cowboy Bebop and Kids on the Slope, so it's no surprised I really like this anime too.

-Danganronpa: The anime came out last year I think? I'm catching up just now, haha. Pretty much dramatic high school murders meets Ace Attorney. :P Finished episode 9 last night, probably will be able to finish the series today as there's only four more episodes to go.

-Steins;Gate: I watched the first six episodes with a friend, and then I halted when both of us were busy. Got back to watching it after finished playing Bravely Default as the writer did both of the series. Slow start, but the plot better shortly after. Okabe, Kurisu, and the other characters are really great. Would like to play the visual novel version, but want to save money for a few games :x
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

At the moment I am watching:

>Tokyo Ghoul: Awesome anime. It seems as though it sucks compared to the manga though - so when the season finale is finished later this week, I'm gonna tune in to the manga lol. Love the designs of a lot of characters.

>Zankyou no Terror: Reminds me of Death Note, sorta. Good anime but I feel it's going a bit too slow - but still good.

>One Piece: My most favourite anime of all time and imo the greatest anime/manga ever made, by far. Won't stop watching this anytime soon as it's nowhere near finished lol, will probably finish around the 1000 mark.

>Akame ga Kill: My favourite anime from this season. Awesome characters with some of the best cast I've seen comparable with Naruto, Hajime no Ippo and One Piece. Great story too and fights.

Now outside of anime...

>The Raid: Redemption. A SICK Indonesian martial arts movie! A lot of violence and badassery at its finest. Simple story, but EPIC action using Silat.

>Der Baader-Meinhof Komplex: a movie based on the Red Army Faction (RAF) of West Germany back in the 1970's. Pretty awesome movie, man the RAF were hardcore urban terrorists - I see where they were coming from, but those guys were Luvdisced in the head.
[Image: tumblr_n03zpdRufG1suedwgo1_400.png]

"Hotel Moscow will not forgive anyone who is involved in obstructing our operations in any way. We will denounce and destroy them, then kill their parents and siblings. If necessary, even their pet dog." - Balalaika (Black Lagoon)

Tumblr | Twitter
Follow me on them! :D I follow for follow.

Yeah I heard the manga version of Tokyo Ghoul is much better. I'm only up in Ch 30 of the manga at the moment, so I still have a long way to go. XD Zankyou no Terror does go a bit slow at times, but I don't mind as it reminds me a lot of the crime dramas that gets aired a lot in the US.

Got a chance to watch some of the original Sailor Moon's new dub on Hulu as there are some of the voice actors I know that are in it. I don't think I've gotten very far with Sailor Moon 's first dub when it first aired, but I enjoy the new dub for the most part. I could go ahead and watch more episodes as I'm not sure when Hulu will post more of the new dub, but I like the new cast. XD
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]

I actually still need to get into the manga of Tokyo Ghoul lol just been busy with uni and watching other anime lol, as to what I've been watching...

- Hunter x Hunter (2011). Jesus Christ, I haven't had such an epic viewing since One Piece during its best sagas. (Water 7 + the entire WB war arc - Sabaody Archipalego to Marineford) I watched 25 episodes in a day the other day lol

- Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works - I haven't seen the original Fate/stay night (seen Fate/Zero though so unfortunately I know some spoilers lol) but UBW is very good atm lol. Probably my fav or 2nd fav anime of the season.

- Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis - an absolute sick anime. Great characters and either my fav or 2nd fave of the season, I look forward to the day this comes out hardcore every week lol.

- Psycho-Pass Season 2 - this is pretty good. I don't think that so far, it's as good as the first season, but still pretty good and a nice watch.

- Madan no Ou to Vanadis - this is alright. Not my most favourite anime of the season, in fact, probably the one that I like the least (still alright tho) but it's a good watch for me lol and a great time killer

- One Piece - greatest anime ever for me. lol although if HxH keeps up it's epicness where I'm up to (just finished ep 58), OP just found itself a real rival.

- Naruto Shippuden - even though it's on the downhill, Naruto is still awesome and one of the last animes left of my high school years lol (OP being the other)

- Akame ga Kill - love this series! My fav anime from the last season lol great cast of characters

"Hotel Moscow will not forgive anyone who is involved in obstructing our operations in any way. We will denounce and destroy them, then kill their parents and siblings. If necessary, even their pet dog." - Balalaika (Black Lagoon)

Tumblr | Twitter

Quote:I actually still need to get into the manga of Tokyo Ghoul lol just been busy with uni and watching other anime lol, as to what I've been watching...

I've finished the manga version of Tokyo Ghoul and the ending...leaves some questions more than answers, lol. Not as bad as the anime's first season ending in my opinion. I know there's the sequel Tokyo Ghoul: re but I'm gonna wait a few chapters being translated first.

Also I agree Psycho-Pass 2 lacks a bit compared to the first season. I like second season's first episode, but the new characters I don't care at the moment and the latest episode is just urgh.

(spoilers for what happened last season and mentions of violence)

Show ContentSpoiler:

Other shows I'm following are Elementary, Gotham, Agents of Shield, Sleepy Hollow, and Brooklyn 99.

Lol true, the first season ending just sucked. Really sucked lol. Can't wait for season 2 to come out.

Yeah the new inspector, Akane's partner in Season 2 of Psycho Pass is just annoying. Akane is heaps better than her lol and so far I like the season 1 guys better. (Kogami, old dude who had Whitebeard from One Piece voice and the blonde young dude who called Akane cute when they first met lol)

lmfao yeah that crew who shot those hostages are crazy guys, hopefully they get killed by Kamui lol, good action scene though no doubt

Tumblr | Twitter

Having recently finished watching Avatar: The Last Airbender (which is possibly one of the best pieces of animation I've ever sat through, actually), I'm now working my way through The Legend of Korra. So far, I don't feel like Korra's quite as good as ATLA was, but it's also quite up there for me - lots of really awesome characters, interesting worldbuilding, and cool villains. The overall plot is a little disjointed, but honestly, with characters like Tenzin, Jinora, Bolin, Lin Beifong, etc. I find it pretty hard to care. I also like Korra herself a lot. She is a nice contrast to Aang's vegetarian pacifism, lol. (Speaking of which - way to treat vegetarianism well in a children's show, ATLA! A+ work on pretty much everything there.)

I'm also watching through Buffy the Vampire Slayer recently. I used to watch it with my dad when I was younger, so now I watch it when I'm alone to treat my ever-present homesickness. Also, it was pretty well on theme for Halloween!

What I'm watching...? Let's see...
  • Steven Universe
  • Chopped
  • Beat Bobby Flay
  • Cutthroat Kitchen

Yeah, one of these is not like the others.

I still watch Adventure Time when I can, of course.
[Image: V1YVF.png]
From left to right: Witch, Draco Centauros, Feli, and White Feli. All from Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary.
Avatar has (some of) my favorite Pokemon from each generation. Boy, do I have a lot of favorites! XP

Oooh, Chopped! I love that show, but we actually don't have a tv. Or, rather, we have a TV, but it's strictly for gaming use, and gets no TV channels of any sort. Thus, I have no access to Food Network, and don't watch that type of thing a lot anymore... But yeah, Chopped is totally awesome :3

Currently watching the anime Great Teacher Onizuka

Definitely one of the funniest animes I've seen! Also comes with a lot of life messages too in addition to being funny, lol and the protagonist is very similar to me lmao

Tumblr | Twitter

Currently:
  • Better Call Saul
  • Backstrom
  • The 100
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • Gotham
  • Marvel's Agent Carter
  • Archer
  • Gravity Falls
I also have a lot of Sailor Moon Crystal to catch up with!

And I saw Mortdecai (Johnny Depp, Paul Bettany, Ewan McGregor and some others) in the cinema most recently. It was...ridiculous.
CamisadoThe BBS Host & Admin ✖ @The_BBS is on Twitter! ✖
[Image: fAcqqCd.gif] [Image: EesTi4O.gif] [Image: JavALFZ.gif]
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr