Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

What are you currently playing?

I got Bravely Default for my birthday and have been playing it now... And so far it's really good! The battle system is fairly interesting despite being delightfully traditional (Turn-based battles FTW! Job system FTW!), the world design is pretty stunning, and so far the plot and characters have kept me quite intensely attached to the game. I also love it how they've made the difficulty scalable - you can adjust everything from quest destination markers to encounter rates, so it's pretty appropriate for both total beginners or very, very casual games and old fans of the genre. It's given me a nice challenge so far, I've even gotten a couple of game overs and everything, which emulates the difficulty of the original 2D Final Fantasy games quite brilliantly.

It's definitely a game I can recommend to anyone who likes RPG's!

Anyone else got any brand new awesome games recently?
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

I too been playing Bravely Default and really enjoying it so far! I'm assuming you're at the beginning at the moment, An-chan? Right now I'm close to finishing Chapter 3 (won't say any spoilers, lol) and got several jobs already. Agree the characters are great and liking the plot.

Other than that no new games for me. Before playing BD I've been finishing up some Pokemon Black 2 post game stuff and playing around Pokemon X a bit (yay Pokemon Bank, lol).
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

I am enjoying some quality time with a pair of very special Latias in Pokémon Y. :3
Δ

Of late a mixture. Last week and the weeks before a lot of Pokémon (because of the VGC we went to, haha). After that I started a DS game called Solatorobo: Red the Hunter. It's good so far, if not very difficult. It's got a lot of effort put into it by the developers too!

Also I am getting a Wii U next week! The free game download offer on Mario Kart 8 was already tempting (and everyone is getting that deal it seems, so check that up if you were interested in getting a Wii U), and then a store here had a bundle deal to boot. So now I'm getting a premium Wii U and four decent-to-great games for the same price as the usual Premium Wii U + 1 game bundle, or in other words an extra three games. Not bad at all!
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Been playing quite a bit of my 3DS since I last replied, lol.

-Finished Bravely Default late March and dang quite a few twists there. Enjoyed the game a lot.

Show ContentSpoiler:

-After Bravely Default, I did Pokemon Black as I want to get the chance to finally finish it. Managed to get through the Team Plasma stuff and beat Alder last month. I mentioned this already in the Hoenn thread, but what I like most about the game is the gym leaders being more involved. Grinding is quite a chore, though, haha. But yeah, I like the game.

-Right now I'm playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf and I like my villagers so far. At the moment slowly doing building projects and donating stuff to the museum.
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]

I'm in the middle of a second playthrough of FE: Awakening, this time on hard. I'm sort of not playing it very often because it takes a lot, because the hard mode actually genuinely is hard, and I'm not letting a single unit die...

The game I'm officially in the middle of though is Bravely Default, where I'm in the middle of chapter 4. It's taking me a while because I'm such a completionist and can't skip a single side quest, lol. Some of the side boss battles are pretty hard. I had the worst time against Red Mage DeRosa, it took me forever to actually beat him because of all the extra BP he keeps getting when you hit him >_< I've enjoyed it a lot so far, the art style is pretty cool and the voice acting (Japanese) is really good.

I'm also playing Civ V every now and then, as the fancy takes me. Right now I'm in the middle of a game as the Aztecs, and it's annoying because Greece keeps declaring war on me randomly and then negotiating peace a couple of turns later because I wipe the floor with their army :D It's always a very surreal game to play, though, especially on an earth map. Last time I played an earth map, I was playing as the Ottoman Empire that resided in Africa, and then the Americans, who lived in Central Europe, started a war with me with sorta spread and ended in Greece taking their capital, Washington, which I later liberated to hinder Greece's chances of victory. I was also allies with the Mongolians, whose empire was in North America. Because that makes sense! Oh and Egypt built the Long Wall of China. Yup. I love playing Civ.

Then I've also been playing some more SoulSilver lately. It's still got the best UI out of any Pokémon game, hands down. Makes me wish the RSE remakes will take after it... Hopefully!
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

(26th May 2014, 01:35 PM)An-chan Wrote: The game I'm officially in the middle of though is Bravely Default, where I'm in the middle of chapter 4. It's taking me a while because I'm such a completionist and can't skip a single side quest, lol. Some of the side boss battles are pretty hard. I had the worst time against Red Mage DeRosa, it took me forever to actually beat him because of all the extra BP he keeps getting when you hit him >_< I've enjoyed it a lot so far, the art style is pretty cool and the voice acting (Japanese) is really good.

DeRosa is a bit annoying, especially with his charming skill. >.>; I didn't have too much a hard time with him though as I had everyone the abate lightning ability (you can get that by job leveling everyone level two as Summoner) and one of the characters a reflect ring, haha. The characters I had the hardest times though are Quada (one of his compounds hit Tiz maximum damage, twice x_x ) and Victor/Victoria (able to avoid her poisons with Star Pendants and Poison Immunity but her Doom makes me want to pull my hair >.>; ).

All right An-chan, I'll be a bit spoilery here as I want you to be prepared for what's coming.The later half of the game are what made several people quit/almost quit the game . If you decide to do the sidequests in Ch 5 and 6, you can go against the bosses again, but be prepared for some characters saying the same dialogue (some have different dialogue, though). You can steal items once more if you have a thief (for instance, I would recommend getting more Star Pendants from Praline) and a couple new entries in one of the sections of D's Journal, so there are those. Also close to the end of Ch 6 is where you get the last job. Ch 7 and Ch 8 sidequests meanwhile are different from Ch 5 and 6 and quite fun.

Late, but yay for Bravely Default. \o/ Looking forward to the sequel!

I have been playing a bunch of Mario Kart 8 on my new Wii U, very fun. Also finished Solatorobo: Red the Hunter on the DS, neat game if a bit easy overall.

Btw, what are everyone's thoughts on E3? Quite a bit announced this time, seemed quite solid overall.

I thought there are a few cool games announced in E3 and the presentations seem great overall. No Man's Sky (very beautiful) and Codename S.T.E.A.M. (love me some steampunk, lol) are what interested me the most!

Of late, I've been playing a mixture of Pokemon, Mario Kart 8 and Animal crossing in my spare time, and I'll be starting Pikmin 3 as well.

-Did and finished a second playthrough of Bravely Default. Still very satisfied with the game. Last time I tried easy mode as I want to get a feel of the game mechanics, so my next playthrough I did normal mode and it was a bit challenging at certain parts, haha. Got my butt kicked by Qada once more as my team and abilities set up wasn't great (this time he KO'ed my team :x). Also Vampire Derosso I got defeated twice as he kept using Graviga on me, lol.

Show ContentSpoiler:

-Making more progress on Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Just got the cafe yesterday, woo! Also the mart got recently upgraded so looking forward to seeing another remodel of that. Recently had my hair dyed to black in the hair salon and liking it. XD Lately I visited the island to get more money and save it in my account.

-Tried playing The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass as that's the only Zelda game I have at the moment. I enjoy the interactions between Link, the fairy companion, and the sea captain a lot haha. I get frustrated over the game at times though as it's all stylus only and I'm not so great at that. Got killed several times in the Fire Temple and I hated the bee swarms at Cannon Island. D< And the bombs. Took me a bit to learn how to throw them immediately, lol. Halted the game for now after I got the cannon to focus a bit on Animal Crossing and dealing with real life stuff, but I'll get back to it soon.

-As mentioned in the Recent Happenings thread, been poking at Pokemon X a bit but mainly for Friend Safari and getting event Pokemon. I did recently caught a few Pokemon and breed a Swablu, though. XD Perhaps I'll try to get more Pokemon I want to take with me to Alpha Sapphire.

Quote:-Tried playing The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass as that's the only Zelda game I have at the moment. I enjoy the interactions between Link, the fairy companion, and the sea captain a lot haha.
Linebeck! Pleased Linebeck is the best. He has good theme music as well. I may have made my animal crossing town theme based on it, haha.

I just started playing the original Breath of Fire for the Super Nintendo earlier tonight. It's my first time actually playing through the game, and I'm really enjoying it. Some times I don't even know what's going on in the story (random furry wedding, for example), but it's just a game to play and have fun with.

Also, every Friday is Sims 2 Friday for me, and I just sit around playing Sims 2 all day and download so much custom content when I'm not playing.

--

I played Phantom Hourglass for a while (on the recommendation of Marcin) and the controls made me stop playing. Call me stubborn old-school, but I just couldn't get used to controlling Link with the stylus. The game was still pretty to look at, especially since I enjoy the Windwaker-style art, but the controls kept frustrating me.

And that temple that you have to keep going back to. That's right where I put the game down. Right in the middle of that temple, I put my DS down, closed the cover and went "Nope!"

(27th Aug 2014, 09:02 AM)Astinus Wrote: I just started playing the original Breath of Fire for the Super Nintendo earlier tonight. It's my first time actually playing through the game, and I'm really enjoying it. Some times I don't even know what's going on in the story (random furry wedding, for example), but it's just a game to play and have fun with.
What is Breath of Fire about? I don't believe I know much about it.
Quote:I played Phantom Hourglass for a while (on the recommendation of Marcin) and the controls made me stop playing. Call me stubborn old-school, but I just couldn't get used to controlling Link with the stylus. The game was still pretty to look at, especially since I enjoy the Windwaker-style art, but the controls kept frustrating me.

And that temple that you have to keep going back to. That's right where I put the game down. Right in the middle of that temple, I put my DS down, closed the cover and went "Nope!"
Each to their own I suppose! I liked the controls, but I guess after the likes of TWEWY (a great game for so many reasons but boy, you need to manage both the dpad and stylus quickly...), one finds the stylus easier to use, haha.

I do agree that having to go back to that temple was annoying in the game though. I prefer Spirit tracks in part because its tower was less obnoxious than PH's. (Also it had nicer music. Pleased)

(27th Aug 2014, 01:39 PM)bobandbill Wrote: What is Breath of Fire about? I don't believe I know much about it.
DRAGONS! Much like everything else that I like. The first three of the series are different stories about a boy who can transform into different dragon species. I've only played through the second one completely so far, and that one's storyline dealt with religion.

Pokemon Y.

LOL I can never get sick of Pokemon. There's way too many awesome Pokemon to collect. >.<
I'm so stoked for Alpha Sapphire! My favourite region was Hoenn, after all. Kanto is cool and awesome, but overrated imo. Johto was awesome too. I never played regions 4/5, lol
[Image: tumblr_n03zpdRufG1suedwgo1_400.png]

"Hotel Moscow will not forgive anyone who is involved in obstructing our operations in any way. We will denounce and destroy them, then kill their parents and siblings. If necessary, even their pet dog." - Balalaika (Black Lagoon)

Tumblr | Twitter
Follow me on them! :D I follow for follow.

Hurrah for Pokemon! I am also looking forward to ORAS.

Platinum is worth a look if you are interested in gen 4 btw. Polished version of DP and with tons to do in them.

Recently, I have been playing Smash Bros on the 3DS! :V But I'll save any discussions about that in its own thread.

MEANWHILE, I have been playing some of Ace Attorney Investigations: 2 every now and again. A fanmade translation, actually (which means rom + emulation), because the game is yet to, and likely never will, make it out of Japan. The translation is decent - there are some grammar issues on occasion, but it's faithful to the characters and how they act/talk, and that's the main thing.

But my god. The game itself.

I am only just into the fourth case of five and this game is right up there with AA3 in terms of my favourite AA game from the series (I've played every other game). I feel that this is a sufficiently big call, and I'm yet to finish! There's an overarching plot that has started to come into full now. Really interesting throwbacks to the first game, and cases are pretty solid. (The first one wasn't too obvious with who is the villain. While the second does end up being apparent they did a decent job in throwing up a number of suspects, and the third one was intriguing in its set up and execution). And this fourth case's beginning... Oh my.

The new gimmick on top of the regular logic and gameplay of the previous game is silly (LOGIC CHESS), but not obnoxious and not badly executed either.

If you liked the other ace attorney games I strongly recommend checking this one out. Although maybe try the first Investigations game if you haven't yet.

I am currently in the middle of Skyrim, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Borderlands 2, Xenoblade, and Hyrule Warriors. None of them trivial in length, and all of them fantastic games. I should probably also be beating Y in preparation for ORAS but I'm so up to my eyeballs in games that I'm not sure I can pull that off. Not a bad situation to have if you ask me.
Δ

Where are you in Xenoblade, Latios? You are right in that it is not trivial in length, but it is an understatement. =p Great game though.

And you can never finish animal crossing, haha.

Not playing anything atm but I am REALLY keen for Dragon Age Inquisition coming out soon!
[Image: tumblr_n03zpdRufG1suedwgo1_400.png]

"Hotel Moscow will not forgive anyone who is involved in obstructing our operations in any way. We will denounce and destroy them, then kill their parents and siblings. If necessary, even their pet dog." - Balalaika (Black Lagoon)

Tumblr | Twitter
Follow me on them! :D I follow for follow.