Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

What are you currently playing?

Controller 
Video games, that is! Discuss what you are playing and why people should play it too.

I'll go into more detail later, perhaps, but atm it's a mixture of Animal Crossing, Sonic Colours (Wii version, Christmas present from a friend), and Bravely Default 3DS (great game).
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

I don't play a lot of games, but the one I most recently played was probably Portal 2... again. I think I've played through that game three times now. It's a really stellar game that has me playing through it time and time again because I think the puzzles are a lot of fun to solve, and just the wit of the game. Despite it being a puzzle game, there are a lot of moments throughout the game that had me laughing to myself.

Oh boy..l right now I'm doing the following:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
Zelda 2
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Playstation All Stars: Battle Royale
Mega Man Zero (whenever it freaking shows up, damn lying Amazon)
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario Sunshine
Mega Man 2
Paper Mario: The Thousamd Year Door
Uncharted 3
New Super Luigi U
Yeeeah.... I may have bitten of more than I can chew here

I JUST finished the main plotline of Fire Emblem Awakening a couple of minutes ago. I'll still be playing all the sidequests, as well as starting a new game on a harder difficulty later. But woooow that's some seriously awesome stuff right there. My new favorite game ever, perhaps?

Next on my list is Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS) and Pokémon X, which I haven't started yet due to the aforementioned game I was in the middle of.

Meanwhile, I'm still in the middle of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, as well as Pokémon White. Sims 3 is also always a work in progress, so technically a game I'm always in the middle of playing. I haven't done much in it in a while, but I was thinking of doing so tomorrow :3 Then there's Super Paper Mario, but that one's on hold since I'm playing it together with Latios (who is currently not within gaming distance, boo :< ).

Also playing an emulator version of FFV sort of sporadically, because I keep getting stuck. Man, those crystals inside the tree... HOW DO YOU KILL THEM?
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Are you really jumping from all those games of late, Richard? @_@
Quote:I JUST finished the main plotline of Fire Emblem Awakening a couple of minutes ago. I'll still be playing all the sidequests, as well as starting a new game on a harder difficulty later. But woooow that's some seriously awesome stuff right there. My new favorite game ever, perhaps?

Next on my list is Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS) and Pokémon X, which I haven't started yet due to the aforementioned game I was in the middle of.
FE:A is pretty good, and certainly a good one given they needed to appeal to the casual audience some more (the franchise was at risk of being killed if FE:A did not have good sales, you see, and typically previous games were less forgiving, i.e. no Casual mode until very recently). But it did have a few issues or not-so-great execution compared to others, imo. So trying out more is a good idea. That said, Shadow Dragon probably isn't as good as others - it's a remake of the very first one after all, and lacks a bunch of the side features. Still, worth a go. The GCN/Wii ones are worth trying out imo though in particular.

Also goodness, haven't played Pokemon X yet? You lag behind with Pokémon too often. =p Did you beat HGSS yet? =(

Just finished a bout of Broken Age and have been slowly trudging through another FFTA2 run (While FFT sits there unfinished, glaring at me). But hot damn Double Fine sure knows what they're doing. I now want to run back into the arms of Monkey Island for an extended nostalgia trip because of how short Broken Age's Act 1 was :c

Oh mannnn, I can't wait for Broken Age to be out for non-backers! I totally missed out on the whole kickstarter, but I would SO have donated because the guy in charge of that made one of the best games I've ever played in my life, namely Grim Fandango. I need to find that game somewhere, because my old copy won't work anymore. It's probably one of the most impressive games ever made, so I can't possibly fathom why it sold so little. But yeah I really, really want to play Broken Age arggh

And yes I have played Pokémon X now! Not that much yet, but still. Pokémon Amie is the best thing. The graphics are awesome, too, though the 2D-3D back-and-forth is kind of disorienting. Hence, I've turned 3D off entirely for the game, so I guess the graphics might be even more impressive if I gave them the chance... but eh. So far, I'm enjoying X a lot more than I've enjoyed White, which, yes, I have not finished yet, admittedly. Sigh. So many games, so little time...

Also started Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, which is delightfully difficult and I'm loving it so far. The graphics are a nostalgia trip, being apparently almost straight ports from the original(?), and the music is awesome, and it's got Marth which is a huge selling point right there. The one issue I'm having with it is that you pretty much have to kill off characters to gain some new ones. It goes so far as to give you extra chapters every now and then if you only have 15 characters or less in your army... Which means that a lot of useless character death is going to happen, because I'm such a completionist. At least I want to get Athena.

Seriously though Fire Emblem is probably the most well-suited franchise for me because it's got nearly all the elements I look for in a game. I'm loving it so much. How the crap did I not find it before?

(18th Jan 2014, 06:04 PM)An-chan Wrote: Pokémon Amie is the best thing.

Indeeeed it is.

Long after I've beaten the Elite Four, I'm still playing Y. The reason why is not only to gear up for Pokémon Bank but also because I'm gunning for a living Pokédex. The awesome connectivity of these games really helps out with that; a lot of my slots have been filling up thanks to Wonder Trade and the GTS. Apparently, people will trade anything for a Clefairy. Anything.

No, seriously, I just traded a Clefairy for an Articuno.

Beyond that, I'm also Nuzlocking White, but that's kinda been put on hold because I broke my 3DS's volume slider over my Christmas break. (It now has only one setting: EXTREMELY LOUD UNLESS EARBUDS ARE PLUGGED IN.) This is relevant because I am totally playing the crap out of Y until I can get around to dropping my 3DS off at the post office to send it in for repairs.
Holmes: Punch me in the face.
Watson: Punch you?
Holmes: Yes! Punch me! In the face! Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.
- Sherlock, "The Scandal in Belgravia"

The girl responsible for this atrocity to mankind. And this one. And these

I've been going back and forth right now between playing Pokémon Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. More Y though than New Leaf. I'm trying my best right now to work on IV breeding, which is something I'd feel is going to take some time for me to master.

(18th Jan 2014, 06:04 PM)An-chan Wrote: Also started Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, which is delightfully difficult and I'm loving it so far. The graphics are a nostalgia trip, being apparently almost straight ports from the original(?), and the music is awesome, and it's got Marth which is a huge selling point right there. The one issue I'm having with it is that you pretty much have to kill off characters to gain some new ones. It goes so far as to give you extra chapters every now and then if you only have 15 characters or less in your army... Which means that a lot of useless character death is going to happen, because I'm such a completionist. At least I want to get Athena.
Bah, that's one of my main qualms about that game. (That and the lack of supports). What do you mean I have to kill these guys to get more guys? Why would you make me do that aaaaa

Quote:Seriously though Fire Emblem is probably the most well-suited franchise for me because it's got nearly all the elements I look for in a game. I'm loving it so much. How the crap did I not find it before?
Intelligent systems is a pretty good company and they do Fire Emblem well, haha. (They also made stuff like a few puzzle Pokémon games and the Paper Mario games! And... well, actually, a whole lot more.) If you want another game similar to FE, try the Advance Wars series - modern setting (well, tanks and submarines and etc) and no perma death of characters being the main distinguishing features. Simpler I suppose, but in the same way less annoying because of the nature of FE luck. :V

But there's a lot of FE games to try out too, haha. Again, try the GCN and particularly the Wii game. The GBA ones also hands down have the best animations (e.g. Sacred Stones).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_PTsVfpqFc

(18th Jan 2014, 09:02 PM)Zach Wrote: I've been going back and forth right now between playing Pokémon Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. More Y though than New Leaf. I'm trying my best right now to work on IV breeding, which is something I'd feel is going to take some time for me to master.
More Animal Crossing for me, I'm actually bothering to clean up my house and put up paths! but I have too many flowers in my town. So. Many. Flowers. ._.

I'll be IV breeding and whatnot once bank comes out. Bunch of good parents sitting in W2 for me.

I've promised myself I won't buy A Link Between Worlds or anything else until I finish at least two other games, sooo, currently on my "now playing" list is:
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf (of course there's no real end to this game so that doesn't count)
  • Wind Waker HD, second play through! (also doesn't count)
  • Ocarina of Time 3D (shut up, I know I should have finished it by now, but I keep getting distracted)
  • Pokémon X (I'm about to challenge the Elite 4)
  • Mass Effect 3 (Wii U)
I also bought Kid Icarus second-hand for 3DS at Manchester Comic Con in May and haven't even unboxed it yet.

Also Richard seriously I thought I was playing a lot of games at once.

In any case, Animal Crossing always fully takes over my life, though I don't think I'm far enough through it yet - I don't play enough in the late evening, so I rarely go fishing on the island at the moment, which is the only non-tedious way of generating bells.

You know what I hate? Getting unwanted villagers over StreetPass. I complained for months and months that we didn't get a lot of StreetPass hits in rural England, and now I'm getting too many over StreetPass relay (it now gives you up to eight?!) and the villagers that move in from others' towns are usually the least desirable villagers. xD First world problems, Camisado.
CamisadoThe BBS Host & Admin ✖ @The_BBS is on Twitter! ✖
[Image: fAcqqCd.gif] [Image: EesTi4O.gif] [Image: JavALFZ.gif]
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

(19th Jan 2014, 01:22 PM)Camisado Wrote: I also bought Kid Icarus second-hand for 3DS at Manchester Comic Con in May and haven't even unboxed it yet.
! A great game. Get to that when you clear out some room by beating others first. Quite a lot to do as well in terms of 100% completion. So many challenges...
Quote:In any case, Animal Crossing always fully takes over my life, though I don't think I'm far enough through it yet - I don't play enough in the late evening, so I rarely go fishing on the island at the moment, which is the only non-tedious way of generating bells.
Pity, late evening for the island is the best way with those beetles, but sharks can be found there too at various times. Growing perfect fruit and selling in other people's town's is good too.

I can understand the take-over-someone's-life deal. Only now I'm getting into customising my furniture, and trying to fix my town.

Quote:You know what I hate? Getting unwanted villagers over StreetPass. I complained for months and months that we didn't get a lot of StreetPass hits in rural England, and now I'm getting too many over StreetPass relay (it now gives you up to eight?!) and the villagers that move in from others' towns are usually the least desirable villagers. xD First world problems, Camisado.
Bah, I hate that too. Rodney sucks and he stayed for months. He only moved out yesterday, and that was the first time he had asked about leaving! D=

We don't have a streetpass relay I believe. =( But I got at least a few daily when I went to uni, probably some from train trips there and back.

Animal Crossing, huh... I have never had the fortune to play a single game in that series so far, so I'm still confused at to what the actual draw in it is. I really want to get New Leaf, but like I said, too little time, too many awesome video games to play :D I'll probably get it sooner or later, maybe once the price has gone down a little bit? We'll have to see.

I downloaded the demo for Bravely Default and I can't wait to get to it. I downloaded the free demo of Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies earlier, and it seemed pretty cool. They have actual voice acting now, though, so Phoenix has a different voice, which is disorienting, but I'm happy as long as Phoenix remains a playable character (the game ALSO has Apollo Justice, so we'll see how that goes). It's been getting some poor-ish reviews, because apparently it's a bit too easy, but I doubt I'll ever get bored of Ace Attorney games, so I'll probably get it sooner or later. Just one problem: I have a NTSC 3DS, so I need either a US credit card or US-bought eShop money cards. That kind of complicates things a bit. Otherwise I probably would have purchased all available Fire Emblem: Awakening DLC already, lol.

Oh goodness. Umm...I am currently in the middle of the following:
Pokemon Y
Hexxit (Minecraft mod)

And less commonly:
Dragon Age: Origins
Pokemon Crystal
Warframe

I also have Mass Effect waiting to be played. So yeah, a laundry list.
Δ

Currently playing Team Fortress 2. Don't actually have anything else on Steam that piques my interest. ;;
[Image: EverGrandeCityBannerAd_zps7ccd9f8a.png]

I've been playing Tetris DS a lot. Blame Puyo Puyo Tetris (even though I can't play it due to region locking on the 3DS).

I've recently finished up Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom, but I don't think I'll never play another text-based game again. At least... not without a walkthrough handy.
[Image: V1YVF.png]
From left to right: Witch, Draco Centauros, Feli, and White Feli. All from Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary.
Avatar has (some of) my favorite Pokemon from each generation. Boy, do I have a lot of favorites! XP

I just finished another session in Dragon Nest which is a fantasy MMORPG. Finally got my third class specialization and now all the badass skills are at my fingertips (literally) XD
[Image: EverGrandeCityBannerAd_zps7ccd9f8a.png]

Lately in Pokémon Y, I've been battling things out in the Battle Chateau and I've made quite a lot of Pokémon dollars just from doing that.

I'm just about to challenge the final gym, but I have to find the gym leader first. I'm starting to regret starting over because I don't want to do this anymore and I just want to start working on my competitive team for X already. :P

Is it ok if I post something incredibly inappropriate if I put it in spoilers? If not, I'll delete the post.
Show ContentSpoiler:
The Mega Man Zero Collection arrived in my mail (15 days late!), and I couldn't stop singing the Starbomb quote in the spoilers for the last three days! I'm enjoying the hell out of MMZ2, and I think I actually might like it more than MMX! It's so much fast paced, challenging, great music filled fun with the coolest video game character ever!