Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Video game tournament?

Hey, everybody, I've got a question. I'd like to host a BBS video game tournament (via that item in the shop), and I was wondering which games a majority of people here would like to have a tourney in. Some ideas from me would be Uncharted 2 or 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Pokemon Conquest, and Mortal Kombat (PS3). I'd love other suggestions, and feedback on whether people want to do this or not. I think it would be fun! Note: I'd like to avoid just straight up Pokemon main series games, since those are separate from what I want to do here. I feel like Slayr's knowledge of competitive Pokemon surpasses mine, and I would prefer to change it up a bit.

Well. This all depends on what kind of a tournament you want to run, of course. Do you want it to be a very long and slow tournament, or do you want it to be a very fast-paced tournament? How many participants are you looking for? When do you want to hold this tournament?

This is going to be tricky, because not everyone has wifi/internet their consoles can use, so the moment you start considering games that are NOT on the computer, you're already shutting people out. Other people, meanwhile, are going to have a mismatched selection of consoles - I only have a Wii and a Gamecube, though my family is in possession of one Xbox 360 - and games, and are not necessarily all interested in the same kinds of games. Then there's time zones to factor in.

So I don't think there's going to be an easy answer for this. Pokémon is easy, because you know everyone here likes it and probably also owns it. I have SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, and Pokémon Conquest, but I have no idea if I can get my consoles on the internet to begin with... So, I don't really know. Maybe someone else will have some more useful advice.

Meanwhile, you could consider a game that can be played in your browser or easily downloaded for free or something. It's not going to be as elaborate of a game necessarily, but it could still be a lot of fun to have a minigolf/dig dug/versus tetris/something tourney. But if that's totally not what you had in mind, that's okay, too. Just trying to come up with some suggestions here. :)
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Easy answer for me atm is - no vg tournaments for me until I beat this uni year by mid November (and then I may have the odd trip during the latter part of the month too). Cool idea and all but I can't commit to such a thing until then.

X&Y is the obvious choice if it's in December or so (gives people time to have played the games some).
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Yeah... I would love to offer some advice, but I'm afraid my internet might not allow most of these games. I've tried hooking up consoles to our internet before, but it didn't work. Trust me, I had a cousin over that spent literally three straight hours trying to convince us that we could, that our internet could handle it, and then it all failed when he unsuccessfully tried to hook it up. Although, with college starting soon, I could try to download stuff off of their wifi since I have an hour break between two of my classes. So, I'm basically restricted to computer games, if we want to go that route. If you guys decide to do something else that takes place on consoles, that's fine. I won't hold a grudge forever. :P