Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Super Smash Bros

I knew you would like it. =p Took you a bit to notice though Richard, haha. ;p

But I have to agree. After the whole recent saga with Megaman and Capcom... they sure are getting a good treatment here.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

Bump, in part for discussing the games in general (<2 months away now on 3ds!), but also because LEAKS.

Someone in the ESRB dun goofed, because look at these leaked videos. Pretty legit looking ones (no character select screens, just fighting). If these are fake, then I gotta say they're well done ones.

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU WANT TO AVOID SPOILERS although so far there's only three unknown characters in these short videos (thus far).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9eH1Jfk...ZQ&index=1

Show ContentSpoiler:

Next day edit:
There's been a surge of other 'leaks', but a number are deemed fake.

There have been these images though: http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw They do seem right for ESRB footage/etc, as they'd be concerned with the more 'raunchy' trophies and etc in rating the game.

As for the leaker... well. If this is true, they're in trouble (and rightly so). http://www.gonintendo.com/s/235857-rumor...within-noa

Wow, I'm actually pretty excited for that. I hope it's real!

Show ContentSpoiler:

I'm also pretty happy about
Show ContentSpoiler:
appearing... Maybe those games will get enough recognition, and we're getting a Wii U one? Maybe? I sure hope so.
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

(26th Aug 2014, 07:35 AM)An-chan Wrote: Wow, I'm actually pretty excited for that. I hope it's real!
It would be extremely hard to fake. Even with the fanmade 'Project M' versions of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, you wouldn't easily get something look as good as that with the characters, nor a bunch of the leaked images as well.

Reply to spoilers:
Show ContentSpoiler:

Well, we don't have to put one of those characters in spoiler tags now. Shulk joins the smash!

Miiverse post about Shulk

Shulk's page

Good to see official confirmation, and also getting to see him properly now with all those moves and using the Monado. Interesting play style! And I really like that Riki and Dunban show up in the final smash (but what about Reyn time!?)

Gaur plains being in as a stage and tune is excellent as well. Cannot wait.

Also:

[Image: entry6-7.jpg]
uhhhh

MIDNA, MY BABY! :D I take it she's an assist trophy. It's nice to see Villager being put in his place, he's so sinister!

Sorry if this has been reported already elsewhere, but I heard that the new "C-stick" on the New 3DS will be used for Final Smash attacks and I'm quite excited because I could never execute those properly with the regular buttons, and the 3DS analog stick feels too delicate for me to treat it with the force that my GameCube controllers could handle. :P

Oh!! Um, also, I have preordered some special GameCube controllers - I didn't realise that they were third party at first, but I'm sure they'll be good (normally I am a huge purist about GameCube controllers!). I ordered the Yoshi one for myself and the Mario one for my boyfriend. xD
CamisadoThe BBS Host & Admin ✖ @The_BBS is on Twitter! ✖
[Image: fAcqqCd.gif] [Image: EesTi4O.gif] [Image: JavALFZ.gif]
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

Yeah, she is an assist trophy.

I plan to pick up one of the official GCN-style Wii U controllers with Smash, especially if it's a bundle. Best controller by far.

I am probably going to do the same and buy official GameCube style controllers too, because I have a problem with Nintendo impulse buying and I can't be stopped. Excited to see what future (and previous??) games will support the controller too!
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

So, the 3DS release draws nigh (unless you're in Japan, then you already have it >:[). Who is going to get it, or on the fence?

Also, if you registered with club nintendo you may have been lucky enough to have gotten an email with codes for the demo of Smash on 3DS! Lucky like me. Happycbig I have a feeling you can only share codes with people from the same region as you though.

The game looks really fun, but I'm afraid I'll suck at it since I never played a Smash Bros game before, lol. I'm considering getting the demo when it comes to US EShop to try it out. Might see about getting the game if I feel it's not too intimidating, but then there's also the Hoenn remakes. D:
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

(14th Sep 2014, 02:53 AM)Bay Alexison Wrote: The game looks really fun, but I'm afraid I'll suck at it since I never played a Smash Bros game before, lol. I'm considering getting the demo when it comes to US EShop to try it out. Might see about getting the game if I feel it's not too intimidating, but then there's also the Hoenn remakes. D:
Luckily with standard fights against the NPCs (like what this demo allows), you can set 1-3 opponents and what level of difficulty each one has (from 1 to 9). Sitting on the menu screen for a short while will also play a short tutorial on the basics of fighting, so that should come in useful.

At least the spacing isn't so bad - Smash on 3DS early October, and ORAS latter November.

Thank you for reminding me, I thought I'd preordered it but I guess I haven't! I'm excited to play as Villager, and the return of Toon Link. I heard they're bringing out a double pack in Europe, so I'm gonna see if my best friend or Munkachunk want to go halves. 8D

Bay, I think in my experience it's pretty gentle when you start - you can pretty much get by with button mashing and running/jumping away until you feel more confident, haha. The demo is definitely a good idea if you're not sure though. :D

I'm not getting the 3DS version - it's not the kind of game I'd play on a handheld, and the primary reason I want it is to play with various friends or my brothers (when they come for a visit next time, I'm so beating them up >:P). It just really doesn't work that well on a handheld imo... I tried Mario Kart DS back in the day, and it really just didn't work for me. So I'm passing on the 3DS release and holding out for when it's on the Wii U! I'll get the demo eventually if it becomes freely available in the eshop, though, if only just to get a sneak peek at the game.

(15th Sep 2014, 08:37 PM)An-chan Wrote: I'm not getting the 3DS version - it's not the kind of game I'd play on a handheld, and the primary reason I want it is to play with various friends or my brothers (when they come for a visit next time, I'm so beating them up >:P). It just really doesn't work that well on a handheld imo... I tried Mario Kart DS back in the day, and it really just didn't work for me. So I'm passing on the 3DS release and holding out for when it's on the Wii U! I'll get the demo eventually if it becomes freely available in the eshop, though, if only just to get a sneak peek at the game.
I guess each to their own. (I say this a lot =p). I never had any issue with MK games on either handhelds or consoles.

And you should have the 3DS eshop demo by the 19th I believe, or thereabouts. Worth trying out even if you don't want to buy it on the 3ds, because hey, free demos!

Smash bros came out, I got it, and it is pretty darn fun (unsurprisingly). Who else took the plunge?

Meanwhile, Smash on the Wii U got dates. America gets it on the 21st November - same day as ORAS. Europe have to wait until the 5th December, while Australia and Japan are a day after that.

I don't mind waiting though. I want to have some time playing ORAS, and I'll be likely getting that a day late as it is!

I got it on 3DS! I'm just having trouble playing it on a handheld console. I mean, I have stuck with the original 3DS (i.e. not XL) so the device is obviously small, but I'm not 100% feeling the controls. Some people are attributing it to the layout of the 3DS buttons in contrast to the GameCube and N64 controllers (where A and B were much more natural for attacks) and I think there is some truth in that. Some other friends on Facebook have said the online multiplayer is laggy too, but I haven't got confident enough with the game yet to play online, hahaha.

I still love it though! Of course. I just need to give it some more time I think.

Ah, so it's the 5th for me on the Wii U release. That's fine, like you, I'll want some time with ORAS first! Also aww yeah having brand spanking new Smash Bros for Christmas Day and New Year gaming shenanigans.

Heads up - there's a Smash Wii U Direct for everyone on the 23rd (or 24th if you live in the future like me, just not at a very reasonable hour =p). The tagline for the direct is '50 new things', so clearly they intend to show off a whole bunch of content.

I saw that! The Nintendo Direct is going to be at a very reasonable time for me, so I'll see if I can take any nice screenshots to share with y'all or anything. I'm pretty psyched for the Wii U version release, even though we probably won't be getting the game until Christmas... But still, I've pretty much heard only good things about the 3DS version, and thus have high expectations.

Also we'll apparently we getting a whole scoop on Amiibo, from the looks of it. We'll see!

So uh

The direct was pretty amazing.

Nothing new on the Amiibo front bar a couple details about the whole 'train it' deal, but all the other stuff! First all the old features (events, challenges, My Music, Stage Builder [but better!], etc), many game modes have an added in Co-op, the board game mode, a bunch of new stages, 8 player battles (local only but that's quite understandable)...

Oh, and Mewtwo if you have both the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game + register them with Club Nintendo. May be paid DLC for everyone else down the track, is my bet.

[Image: zlCfzSk6HzMBkcWj_9]

A neat fact about this picture btw is that each fighter here is what made up the original starting roster of the first Smash game. Nice touch. :>

8-PERSON BATTLES PEOPLE

Also the new stage builder looks like absolute amazeballs. I mean, look at it:
Show ContentSpoiler:
If that's not the best kind of madness, then I don't know what is!

I'm also really looking forward to all the music. I liked listening to the music in Brawl, and from all the samples in the Nintendo Direct, this is going to be at least ten times better.

In general, though, just that sheer amount of content is amazing. I just finished watching the Nintendo Direct five minutes ago, and already I have a hard time remembering what all the modes were, because there were just so many. Later release date is instantly forgiven. Heck, it's going to be kind of tough deciding what to do first when I get this game... And heck yeah for almost every mode having a two-player co-op chance! I love that!