Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Super Smash Bros

http://e3.nintendo.com/videos/#/super-smash-bros

http://www.smashbros.com

Probably one of the most anticipated games for each gen. So it's nice to finally see info about it! Are you planning to get either of the Wii U/3DS versions? (Or both?)

There'll be the daily weekday info given out as before it seems, and it's scheduled to come out in 2014 (although don't be too surprised if it gets delayed until 2015...remember Brawl?)

We already know some new characters as well (you can see a video about each of them in the first link, and images in the second):

- Animal Crossing Villager
- Megaman. This is a huge one for a lot of people, especially as he's a cult video game character. And Dr Wily music is in the game! =D
- Wii Fit Trainer. Wait, what?

[Image: screen-6.jpg]
I don't think anyone saw her coming. Hurrah for surprises?
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

The Wii trainer did surprise me too, haha. Don't mess with personal trainers it seems.

And yes, MEGAMAN. Might get the 3Ds version just so I can play him. Dr. Willy's music has been on my head all day at work today, lol.
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

Apparently characters would be the same across both versions. There might be different modes and whatnot (but we know very little about that; guess we have a long time to find out more info though), but stages would differ between the two. So 3DS has an edge in having the Spirit Tracks LoZ stage, because of that overworld theme. =D

Hnnnnngh what if I kind of want both? Really though I think Super Smash Bros is one of those things you need to play on the tv with a bunch of people (usually my brothers) and have fun with, so I'd personally go for the Wii U version. I'm really excited about the Dr. Wily music, can't wait to see how good Megaman actually is... And, actually, I'm pretty excited about the Wii Fit trainer as well. It's always fun when they add surprising characters into the mix, and I'm hoping she has some killer moves that show up all the people who laughed at Wii Fit. I hate the attitude that "you're not a real gamer if you only play games x and y" or that it's somehow shameful to start your gaming career by playing a casual game like that... It's more people into games, so what's the problem there? But yeah, looking awesome so far. Can't wait to know more about it.

A side note: Link doesn't look like Skyward Sword Link. Maybe he's a Wii U Zelda Link? Maybe they'll actually come up with that game fairly soon then... Maybe.
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Nah, LoZ Wii U is 2014 at best (otherwise it would have been shown at E3 no questions). But they did say it's progressing well!

I have no qualms with the Wii Fit Trainer. It's stuff like this that adds to the charm of the series, imo.

I wouldn't mind getting both if the price isn't too bad (AND the game differs by more than a few different stages too).

I'll probably get the 3DS version since I'm not sure if I'm getting the Wii U. I was surprised at first about the trainer, but then again I was surprised as well when I first played the game and saw Peach there. Anyway, you know you stink at the game regardless when your best character is Bowser. :P

My best characters are Zelda and Pikachu, and that totally has nothing to do with them being from my favorite video game franchises, lol. Pikachu sits very well with my twitchy playing style, and Zelda is just all kinds of awesome, especially with the whole two-in-one deal she comes with. So, as long as Zelda and Pikachu are there, I'm cool with it. And they wouldn't really remove either of those, they're basically staples by now.

Speaking of which, since Link looked like Skyward Sword Link ish, maybe Zelda will also be in her Skyward Sword (i.e. original) incarnation? I'd be interested to see what her attacks are, then.

Also, can't wait to see the Awkward Zombie comics this will spawn, lol.

Has everyone seen the crazy memes people are coming out with for the Villager? He's totally badass and I'm not going to be able to resist playing as him! I've never played the Megaman series but I'll definitely give him a go too. And Wii Fit Trainer... I love you, Nintendo. Never change. xD

I kinda hope Toon Link reappears because I kicked a lot of butt with him, and Wind Waker HD is of course coming out for Wii U...

I'll probably get both games because I'm that person. :x
CamisadoThe BBS Host & Admin ✖ @The_BBS is on Twitter! ✖
[Image: fAcqqCd.gif] [Image: EesTi4O.gif] [Image: JavALFZ.gif]
✖ Hosted in the UK by EvohostingNetwork home pageExtended personal profileTumblr

Quote:Has everyone seen the crazy memes people are coming out with for the Villager?
Indeed I have. Oh, the things Tom Nook does to people... makes them mad, he does.
Quote:My best characters are Zelda and Pikachu, and that totally has nothing to do with them being from my favorite video game franchises, lol.
Pikachu is the one I use the most/am the best at using, even if I don't particularly like Pikachu in the Pokemon games too much. (Plus don't watch the anime so that appeal is gone).

I love Mega Man so much, I can't wait to pop a cap in Link with a Mega Buster shot. I Absol-utely (See what I did there?) Love the first 6 games, as well as 9 and 10. I really hope they let him use moves like the Metal Blades, the Quick Boomerang, and the Black Hole Bomb. I just can't wait! I think I'll buy the Wii U version instead of the 3DS version, as my Wii U library is very weak and my 3DS library is HUGE.

Bump, because we have a bunch of new things to discuss since then. =p

What new characters revealed are you interested in trying out when the game comes out?

Meanwhile, I'll just leave this... https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMH...UKlLxf9O9A

[Image: zlCfzRj9aQIdlhFqnQ]

Not a playable character though, I think. =p But yay more pokeball Pokémon!

Was checking the comments and already I saw this comment: "That Pokémon didn't exist when I was a kid so I automatically hate it." :/

Anyways, interesting this game has a Kalos Pokemon in it, whether playable or in a pokeball. Also cool Lucario coming back. As for characters I'm interesting in, probably Little Mac the most.
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]

Wow, what a smart comment. -_-

I'm also interested in Little Mac, as well as the tunes that'll get in from his franchise in Smash. =D

With Lucario, I'd think that the obvious choice for his Final Smash would be that new Mega form this time around.

I'm still hoping for more Fire Emblem characters besides Marth. We had Ike previously, so maybe Chrom from Awakening could make an appearance? Or maybe the Avatar? I also still haven't decided if I'm disappointed over Zelda not being the Skyward Sword Zelda, but we'll see I guess.

This is so far my favorite screenshot of the game:

[Image: smash_bros_zelda-16-516x290.jpg]

Only in Super Smash Bros, people.

Bump because SO MUCH STUFF.

There was a Smash Direct today. Nearly 40 minutes dedicated entirely to the title.

But the main points that spring to mind:

- 3DS version comes out BEFORE the Wii U version.
- 3DS Release is this Summer (June-August).
- Wii U Release this Winter (December-February). Possible Christmas release?
- Online play for both, including between 3DS/Wii U apparently.
- 3DS is effectively at a smooth 60 fps. Even in 3D. Take note, Game Freak!
- Sheik/Zelda are SEPARATE characters now.
- Same deal for Samus/Zero Suit Samus
- Lots of items/stages/etc shown off for the 3DS version
- 3DS has an exclusive 5-minute-adventure-AND-fighting mode it looks AMAZING @_@
- Bunch of changes to moves of many characters, including final smashes (e.g. Lucario --> Mega Lucario)
- New characters? Returning include Sheik, Yoshi, ZS Samus
- On the Pokémon Front, Charizard is a separate Pokémon now. Bye, Squirtle and Ivysaur!
- Also Greninja is in the roster. That means we already have 4 Pokémon reps, and Jigglypuff has thus far been a staple too, oft not revealed until release... Is Mewtwo a chance?

Really surprised about the release dates. Wii U being half a year later is intriguing, and I didn't expect any version to be out in a mere season or so. ._. Touch wood there's no delays!

Pretty surprised Greninja is in it, haha. Looks like he'll be a lot of fun! This is my favorite release pic of the Pokemon:

[Image: tumblr_n3qihcPi0r1qfwzeuo8_1280.jpg]

If you want pictures, have at them here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/48280274@N...678092364/ There's pages of them.

Richard, you might like this gif:
Show ContentSpoiler:

And Pokémon from Pokéballs revealed so far (ignoring those that appearing in the Charizard/Greninja reveal):

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=12262&d=1397000172]

This is really exciting! I'll definitely be making an attempt on getting the 3DS version. Has an exact release date been revealed yet? If it comes out before July 17th, I might have a chance on getting it for my birthday. In other words, I won't have to pay for it. :P

Still, it looks like it could stack up to be an amazing game. I've always liked Greninja, so I'll definitely be trying it out.

Nothing exact, Slayr, @ release date. Just generic season timeframe thus far, which isn't too surprising.

I'll get the 3DS version, and the Wii U provided I a) have one by the end of the year (probably likely?) and b) it offers enough that is different from the 3DS version. Different stages and way more music is a start, but would like more than that.

OH GOD THAT GIF
Nintendo just treated Megaman better in 5 seconds than Capcom has for 5 years...
Oh my god like seriously!
I really want to be excited about Little Mac and Charizard, but that MegaSmash overshadows like everything else!