Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

News on X & Y!

Nintendo Direct news are coming in! We've got a couple of new Pokémon, a bat thingy and a moth thingy, and most importantly...

The Fairy type.

All we know is that it's strong against Dragon types right now, and that Sylveon is of this type, as well as a bunch of old Pokémon. It'll be interesting to see how this balances out. Fairy-type sounds like a sort of positive ghost type - of course I wouldn't know yet - so it'll be very interesting to see how it works with ghosts and dark-types and so on.

Anyway! News will probably keep rolling in! So, opinions? Discussion!
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

I'm excited. Really excited. Lots of pokemon that used to be normal type seem to be at least part fairy now, which basically throws a sparkly pink grenade into the current type hierarchy. I don't even care that my favorite pokemon is a dragon type: this is awesome. We haven't had a new type for 13 years, guys. 13 years. Some pokemon fans were born between then and now.

Also Noivern. Noise + wyvern. That guy is cool. I've been freaking out about him since I saw him.
Δ

Noivern is indeed awesome! I want that Pokemon now. @_@

There's also the Pokemon Amie, which you can bond your Pokemon through feeding them, petting them, etc. I thought it's a pretty neat feature as according to the website the way you bond your Pokemon will determine the outcome of the battles (as emphasized several times during the XY promotions).
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

Whelp colour me surprised, we are getting a new type after all.

Poor Marill, it doesn't know what to think. Water typing, then a normal-only pre-evolve, and now it's also a Fairy type.

We'll see how it works out I suppose. Makes sense it'll nerf dragons a bit I suppose, but we'll see by how much.

The Amie deal looks like a Nintendogs-esque features. Seems neat to me.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

I'm in shock!!!! A new type!?! Wow, I was NOT expecting that. They'd better make Dragon super effective against something else so that it stays the best type, maybe Dark or Ghost, which would also ruin Sableye and Spiritomb's cocky attitudes towards other, weakness bearing, Pokemon. I like the new Pokemon, and I think giving Azumarill another type could make it even better, giving it better neutral coverage and (hopefully) some strong physical STABs, because, let's face it, Waterfall is not the greatest move...

Okay, the XY table deal has started. No stream of it or anything, just info being leaked out. Here's some stuff from serebii which I'll probably also update.

First, short additional trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si7oFO5y1...r_embedded

- Players able to choose between languages in the game itself, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, or Korean. [Makes sense with it being a worldwide release. Means that the cartridge will be quite big too...]

- PSS (Player Search System) will allow players to search for others locally or globally (via Wi-Fi) to battle and trade. Split into Friends, Acquaintances and those you Pass By. They can then be promoted all the way up to friends as you interact and can hold up to 100 friends. You can battle people you pass by and that's what promotes them to acquaintances. Trading remains much the same as before. Interact with an acquaintance more than once and it'll automatically ask you to be your friend. [Sounds also like a simplification of the FC system. Great!]

- Multiple rulesets for battles return. [Yay rulesets, sounds good].

- Two new Pokémon: Skrelp is a Poison- and Water-type Pokémon. [Poor Qwilfish] Clauncher is a Water-type Pokémon. GIANT IMAGE:

Show ContentSpoiler:

- Talonflame, a new Fire and Flying-type Pokémon has just been revealed. Talonflame focuses on Speed. [Hi Talonflame you get to compete with legendaries like Moltres and Ho-oh!] More images:

Show ContentSpoiler:

- Talonflame, the evolution of Fletchling, can learn Brave Bird, Clauncher can learn Crabhammer and Skrelp can learn Sludge Bomb

- Rhyhorn is a rideable Pokémon. Riding different Pokémon helps in different areas. Rhyhorn in rocky areas, for example. Pokémon are borrowed for the task. [So that answers that.]

- Pokémon-Amie is said to have an additional, but currently unclear affect on Pokémon. [I imagine it would have an effect on Friendship values...]

- Horde Encounters are a new type of wild battle. 5 on 1 battle. May include Pokémon of multiple species rather than just one. [Huh, interesting. Hopefully you can catch more than the last one standing then.] GIANT IMAGE:

Show ContentSpoiler:

- Sky Battles confirmed, only Flying-types and Levitators can participate. [Have a link to a slightly-older image of this.] GIANT IMAGE:

Show ContentSpoiler:

- A single save file is in the game still. [I expected this, and not at all surprising. Still: =(]

- Backwards compatibility "being worked on" [I hope that means it will happen. =/]

- X & Y will make IVs and EVs more visible. [Some are saying the system may change too. That makes sense in part due to the new typing, and its impact on Hidden Power; and would also link in with the supposed trickiness of backwards compatibility.]

- Multiple methods of transportation and different movement types in gyms. [?]

- You can select specific music tracks before battle with a friend. [Neat]

And for the sake of a new post, official art on the updates site: http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/

This is, so far, shaping up to be the most exciting Pokémon game release I can remember. They're actually adding in cool stuff! I really hope they'd bring back some things from HGSS, like your Pokémon being able to follow you, maybe something Pokéwalkerish, and most importantly something like the Pokéathlon. So far, it's the extra non-battling activity I've enjoyed the most, hands down. But I'll be happy just as long as it's something a bit smarter than friggin musicals.

The translations themselves don't take up that much space, because it's basically just encoded text somewhere in the deep darkness of the cartridge. Then you just have to fetch the correct lines to fill the correct fields. It's all pretty simple, but man the translators must be under a lot of pressure in this kind of hurry!

Still not entirely sure what to think of the new type, but essentially I get the feeling most people who suggested the new type would be something like Light-type or somesuch were essentially right. We'll see, I guess! It's interesting times in the Pokémon fandom for sure.

Whelp have some MORE info because corocoro already leaked too.
Quote:The first batch of CoroCoro information is seemingly released, though unconfirmed at this time, and this batch showcases more information on the upcoming games, Pokémon X & Y with thanks to gin and StreetsAhead for translation. In this small portion of a scan, it shows a new character called Sana (サナ), who appears to be the character who follows you in the forest within the early trailer. Another image shows a character called Pansy (パンジー), who appears in the anime with Gogoat & Helioptile on July 18th, and the first Gym Leader we know of called Viola (Literally Biora ビオラ), who appears to be a bug Gym Leader in Hakudan City (ハクダンシティ)
13:17: Vivillon's pre-evolutions have been revealed as Kofukimushi (コフキムシ) & Kofuurai ( コフーライ), both of which are Bug-types
13:20: The Lion Cub Pokémon is called Shishiko (シシコ) and is Fire/Normal-type which has a move called Battle Cry which lowers the opponent's attack. The flower is Furabebe (フラベベ), the Lone Flower Pokémon, and is Fairy-type and knows the move Fairy Wind
13:25: Starting town is called Asame Town (アサメタウン) and has three characters including Sana, Tieruno and Toroba. You just moved to Asame Town and the other gender character appears in your game known as Callum or Serena respectively.
Show ContentSpoiler:

I like the fire/normal lion.

Quote:Still not entirely sure what to think of the new type, but essentially I get the feeling most people who suggested the new type would be something like Light-type or somesuch were essentially right. We'll see, I guess! It's interesting times in the Pokémon fandom for sure.
Hmm, not really getting the same feeling myself. We'll see what it's actually strong/weak against in full first I suppose. (But that depends on what you mean by light type. There were many different suggestions for that!)

All those pictures get me really excited! I'll agree with An-chan with this being one of the most exiting releases. Well, then again, since my first pokemon game was black, this will be my first release with new pokemon coming out so I could just be excited about that and what difference it will make in the meta game. Either way I'm really stoked.

Heh, your first waiting-for-new-gen time. It will be fun. =p

This will be different to usual though. Before thanks to the internet and Japan getting it many months earlier it was easy to know what Pokemon existed, stats, movesets, etc. Now we're basically going in blind, especially as the 3ds hasn't been able to be hacked in getting out game code and whatnot. And if it is it can be likely patched as well. Sort of a nice idea to be able to go into a gen again without knowing everything to expect.

Sorta disappointed with myself that I haven't crashed in here. *checks date of last post* Okay, I'm good.

First of all, Vivillon and Litleo (Shishiko). Both are going on my team.

Next, Fairy-type. Some people seem to be against the new type, but I say bring it on! I'd probably see myself training a Fairy-type or two.

Pokemon-Amie. Seems like a fun idea. I expect to be using it on a lot of my favorite Pokemon. I'm looking at you, Meowth and Tepig. And your evolutions too. Oh, and a few others.

Okay, with that said and done... *awaits more news, even though it'll take forever*
[Image: V1YVF.png]
From left to right: Witch, Draco Centauros, Feli, and White Feli. All from Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary.
Avatar has (some of) my favorite Pokemon from each generation. Boy, do I have a lot of favorites! XP

I really like Noivern. I was slightly disappointed with last gen's dragons (Haxorus was the only one I really liked) and Noivern looks really cool. I hope it's the new pseudo-legendary and that it has good stats and a good movepool. Tooo bad the sound type isn't real, as this guy would be a perfect candidate for it. Whatever, Fairy looks cool too. I hope we get at least one Dragon/Fairy type.

(19th Jun 2013, 02:54 PM)Richard Fightmaster Wrote: I really like Noivern. I was slightly disappointed with last gen's dragons (Haxorus was the only one I really liked) and Noivern looks really cool. I hope it's the new pseudo-legendary and that it has good stats and a good movepool. Tooo bad the sound type isn't real, as this guy would be a perfect candidate for it. Whatever, Fairy looks cool too. I hope we get at least one Dragon/Fairy type.

Some part of me hopes the Latis will be changed from psychic/dragon to fairy/dragon. >_>
Δ

But, Latios, then they lose STAB on Psyshock/Psychic. I think it would be better if they got access to Fairy type moves without actually gaining the Fairy type.

Nobody posted about the newest Pokemon yet? Oh my.

[Image: 31.jpg]

It's a ghost/steel type, so An-chan should already like it. =p I don't mind a ghost-wielding sword though!

Also there's a video which shows it, but before it has a fair bit of talking about the region inspiration (also known as Masuda talks about his trips to France).

YESSSSS NEW GHOSTS ahh that makes me happy. I'm hoping for more unique typing ghosts, like last gen, when we got at least three entirely new ghost combinations. Here's one new ghost type combo, and now I'm just hoping for a couple more of those... Ghost/Psychic, Ghost/Fighting, or Ghost/Normal would be the most interesting combinations, and probably fairly unlikely ones at that... But we'll see. Exciting new info!

There's been even more new Pokemon revealed again too in coro coro. They're all briefly featured in this new trailer too:

The evil Team's goal is to get rich. Which is a rather vague point mentioned there - wonder how exactly they go about it and if it links to the legendary Pokemon? At any rate, they sure like red. :V

OMG NEWS ON A TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS. IS. MY. DOMAIN! I am so freaking psyched right now! YEAH! ALL HAIL TEAM FLARE!!!!!! I just hope that in the anime, they're portrayed the same way as in the games. I've hated how the only Team I like in the anime is Rocket, and how the other ones are all like "Oh, I'm so serious.". I also like the new Pokemon, the cute fluffy ball being a highlight. Don't you judge me!

WAIT A MINUTE!

Their goal is to get rich. Rich. Richie. Richard. I love Teams SOOO much, and now they're returning that! :D

I really like Inkay and Malimar. Inkay's adorable and Malimar has this really quirky design but when you look at it upside-down it actually seems pretty threatening. I'm a bit disappointed that Xerneas is pure Fairy though, I was hoping it would have a secondary typing as well but oh well.
say my name & every colour illuminates;
we are shining & we will never be afraid again

icon credit | florence and taylor are amazing