Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Another posting blitz?

Yeah, there probably isn't all THAT much interest in a writing comp... But maybe if we do a drabble competition (100 words) or a flash fiction competition (500 words or less) or something, enough people would have time to participate? Either way, we can do just fine without one, I just figured I'd throw it out there!

I'ma work on a bit of a tentative scavenger hunt thingy and see what I come up with. Maybe it'll be so awesome even long dormant members will suddenly spring up and post! ...Maybe. But yeah, I was just thinking of doing a little bit of trivia, a little bit of detective work - that type of thing. It would all essentially be within the forum, you just have to find the right threads/sites/users/what have you and so on. We'll see if I come up with something!
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

A scavenger hunt? I am EXTREMELY in. I love fun things like that, I've always considered myself a fellow who can solve a puzzle or two...

I think we should give a short writing prompts (e.g. drabbles) a go seeing they don't require too much effort (unlike say SPPF's comp). At worst it just will have limited participation.

Your hunts have been pretty good before Anni so that'd be neat if you have time to come up with one this time around too.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

List of planned events! Some which need confirming!

- Posting Blitz. Thread as before, run as before. Prizes of shiny pokes as people don't seem to be against that. (How many probably depends on how many people participate...). That'll run 20th - 28th. Other events below will be anytime during then:
- Drabble thread
- Exquisite Corpse
- Draw a prompt/Give a prompt thread
- Battling comp on a battle sim (We need to iron out details on this! Also for someone to run it on battle sims, I don't think I'd be fine with that myself.)
- Scavenger hunt / Follow the clues (if An-chan has time to set it up)
- Mafia (if there's enough people for it)

I could run the battle simulator thing. Let's have it on Pokemon showdown since that's most popular and I have a challonge account so I can create a bracket for it. Should this be a normal style bracket or a complete circuit bracket where everyone faces everyone? Also, what kind of battle are we doing? We've narrowed it down to either monotype or baby pokemon. We need to straighten this out!

I vote monotype, as I HATE baby Pokemon and love monotype. Too bad Fairy type isn't out yet.

I too vote monotype. This'll be interesting, because I've never so much as touched a battling sim before... I agree with bnb in that it isn't entirely "legit" per se, and I'm pretty sure winning isn't quite as satisfying as when you've actually hatched and trained your team yourself, but it makes stuff like this a whole lot easier for everyone, I think. Then we don't have to deal with shaky wi-fis, people's teams being in different games, etc. So I'm looking forward to trying this out.

I'm working on a scavenger hunt, though I'm thinking of keeping it fairly simple and small this time since there aren't that many people around. I'm also thinking I'll add in little tasks you have to complete, maybe. We'll see how it shapes up.
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

I guess that I should vote too. I vote for monotype and if you guys need help assembling your team I would be happy to help. I'm thinking it should be a complete circuit tournament where everyone goes up against everyone else because there isn't that many people on. I could be either one of two people on showdown. I could be Slayr231, or Gym Leader $layr. If we're on the main server then I'm almost always Slayr231. Once you join the server if everyone could post their name here so I can record it that would be great. If you have any questions don't be afraid to message me.

Here's the link to showdown's main server: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

I'm already on Showdown, my name is (VERY creatively)...
RichieF

I guess I should say that I most likely won't be online on the 22nd since that is the day of my graduation party and I might need to be there for that. It would be great if you guys could send me your names for the tournament! One more thing about showdown, in order to register your name you have to win a rated battle. If you're having trouble with that then you can message me for a few tips and such.

Alright! My mad rush of school and getting a job are officially over as of yesterday. Therefore if you guys need me to run something let me know. I'd be cool with running the drawing prompt event (maybe I can nudge TrentMK to help me with that) and I can help with the drabble and/or exquisite corpse threads.

Also loving the Showdown thing, and I say we diversify prizes for that beyond just winning. Perhaps we could do most ridiculous strategy, best theme, something like that as well. I also volunteer to help people with their teams (I am literally doing zero things until An-chan gets here on the 29th, so yeah XD).
Δ

I love your idea, Latios! Strangest strategy, best themes, those are great things to give awards out for!

That's good to hear, Latios. Bonus prizes for the battle comp is neat too (ala the bonus prizes for the Mafia games). If you guys want you can make a separate thread for the Battle comp (say in Pokemon discussion) and figure out specifics of that there.

Another thing - incentives for the post blitz is primarily points, which ties into the shop system - so that might need some suggestions as well. Take a look at the thread for the general store (http://bbs.studio-revolution.net/showthr...p?tid=1000), or the general store itself (http://bbs.studio-revolution.net/newpoin...ction=shop), and make suggestions regarding that! Or buy your own store with points and offer services for points. After all, no point having the system if it's being barely used.

Also, the posting blitz itself has started! http://bbs.studio-revolution.net/showthr...p?tid=1103 Begin the sign up (mention your current balance when you do so from your postbit!) and then make posts!

The sign-up sheet for the tournament is in the pokemon discussion and the list of rules. Make sure to sign up!