Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

 
Other Déjà vu

#21
> Retrieve chest from arms
"We dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokémon...and we succeeded." ~ Neil Degrasse Sagan
Reply

#22
> Be Arty.

I Wrote:You are now briefly Arty.

You are exhausted after spending most of the night texting your fiancé. You worry sometimes about how you don't talk as much as you used to, so you always end up overdoing it. It's hardly your fault, though; if Clary wasn't so unresponsive, you wouldn't end up getting so stressed out!

Besides, today it's especially important that you two talk. You're very sensitive to matters of the supernatural, and you just know that something terrible is going to happen today!

If you don't get a response soon, you're going to have to do something drastic. It's the only way.


> Retrieve chest from arms

I Wrote:You disregard this silly request; unlike Clarence, you don't just hedge around orders that seem silly and ridiculous!

Instead, you just keep getting ready. To be honest, you're already in the midst of doing something drastic. Clary is just much too important to you to not!

Suddenly, your phone beeps. A text message! You quickly get distracted checking your phone.

As Arty is very busy, you are now Clarence again.

You shiver slightly.
Catfish
Reply

#23
> Consider that you feel as though someone just walked over your grave.

> Consider further that, due to the circumstances, you may just be a comedic genius.
[Image: tumblr_inline_mq2g738c7j1qz4rgp.gif]
Reply

#24
> Go back to your room and smash the clock with the glowing numbers

> Trick Deja into breaking a mirror to see what happens

> Go to Arty's house

> Stand in front of Arty's door and phone Arty
[Image: tumblr_m6hd8jjbxc1qmo1ubo1_400.gif]
Inventor of the Shoop smiley
Reply

#25
> Consider that you feel as though someone just walked over your grave.

I Wrote:You consider the fact that someone just walked over your grave. You're not particularly superstitious, but you always kind of liked that expression.


> Consider further that, due to the circumstances, you may just be a comedic genius.

I Wrote:You snort quietly as the irony of that thought strikes you. You've never been a huge fan of morbid humour, either. Seems like the circumstances are making you quite the black comedian.


> Go back to your room and smash the clock with the glowing numbers

I Wrote:Suddenly, your alarm goes off, making both you and Deja jump. The sound bounces around your skull as you stomp back into your room and knock it off the dresser.

A few quick stomps finish it off.

It seems like the circumstances aren't helping your temper, either.


> Trick Deja into breaking a mirror to see what happens

I Wrote:The cathartic smashing of the clock complete, you return to the kitchen, at a loss at what to do next. You're honestly surprised you're not freaking out as much as you probably would. After the initial shock and suddenly outbreaks of rage at loud sounds, you sort of feel... detached. It doesn't seem real.

You pick up your coffee, cupping it in your hands. You suppose that at least this way, you can try and approach surviving your imminent death in a logical way.

Your first thought is inevitably of the reaper girl, who is still apparently ignoring you. You can't help but wonder what would happen if she wasn't here. If a reaper is required to 'process' each death, then surely if you lose the reaper, you'll survive?

On the other hand, she did say that your soul's 'ticket' was up, and that she was just here to watch the show. So maybe it doesn't matter.

You're not even sure if anything she says is the truth. You're still not even sure if she's real or not.

You consider trying to make her do something ridiculous, just because... Okay, you don't really have a why, but you do know you can't keep running on this little information.

However, given how uncooperative she's been so far, you doubt you can make her do anything. Still, it's worth a shot. Maybe you can learn something.

"Hey, Deja?"

"Mmm?"

You glance around quickly, scrambling for something she can actually do. For some reason, your eyes land on the old dusty mirror hanging over by the door.

"Smash that." You say, pointing. She follows your line of sight, then glances back at you, blinking quizzically.

"Uh, you already smashed up that clock. Random violence quota met for the day!" She replies, turning to rest her head on her hands and look at you like you've grown a pair of particularly fetching horns.

"Would you just do it?" You snap, frustration creeping into your tone. After a long pause, Deja shrugs and floats over.

"Alright, if this is really how you wanna spend your last day..." She says, balling her non-skeletal hand into a fist. With a quick jab, she punches at the mirror and stumbles completely through the wall with a squawk.

You freeze on the spot, but a second later she pops back through, giggling.

"Oh my gosh, I didn't even know I could do that!" She laughs, dashing back over to you through the couch. Without warning, she shoves a hand through your chest, making you gasp as your blood feels like it runs cold.

"Don't do that!" You snap, jumping back a few steps and almost spilling your coffee.

"Sorry, sorry!" She waves a hand and doesn't look very sorry at all. "That's just really cool! ... Normally, I'm like, you know, get the soul, go home. Get the soul, go home, no time to test out super cool ghosty death powers!"

You straighten up and eye her warily as she goes and stands in the middle of your counter, apparently just because she can.

"... Don't you have reaper orientation or something?"

"Of course not! Too many souls to collect and all that!"

After a very hurried sculling of your still quite hot coffee, you decide to inquire a little more about her powers while she's talking to you.

"Can you interact with anything?" You ask, putting the cup in the sink.

"I've never tried! There's all those stories about electronics going haywire around ghosts and stuff, so... ooh, let me try the tv!" Before you can protest, she's dashed over to throw herself through the tv.

With a loud crackling sound like BIZAP, the tv loses signal, reduced to nothing but screeching static. You quickly slam your hand down on the remote, but to no avail; apparently, Deja has enough power to keep it running.

"Out!" You order, because you still have a headache and there have been way too many loud sounds in the last ten minutes. The reaper pouts and exits your tv, folding her arms and sulking.

"I was just testing it." She mutters.


> Go to Arty's house

I Wrote:You cannot possibly go to Arty's house! Aside from that whole death-threats-and-stalking deal, you moved away from said house (and the rest of your friends and family) a year ago, both chasing a job offer and getting the hell out. It would take at least two days to get there by car, and that's just not time that you have!

You do think you want to get out of your apartment, though. Some fresh air would probably help the sobering process.


> Stand in front of Arty's door and phone Arty

I Wrote:This is a stupid thought, and you feel stupid for having it. You already made the grand mistake of replying without the excuse of alcohol. There's only so much blame the hangover can take.

Reflexively, you check your phone. No replies yet. You're not sure if that's good or even more scary.

"Stupid Arty." You mutter.

"Who?" Deja asks directly into your ear. You jump, and the reaper girl floating over your shoulder passes through you. Your body temperature seems to drop several degrees.

"Don't do that!"

"Sorry!!"
Catfish
Reply

#26
> compose some ribald limericks about Arty

> wonder if you're actually going to die of hypothermia or something due to Deja jumping in and out of you any which way

> ask Deja if she can actually control people through possession but NOT TO TEST IT ON YOU

> if yes go outside and try it on someone random so Deja can have corporeal form

> if not ruin someone random's day unexpectedly by yelling and gibbering about death and reapers and... wasn't there a movie or something you saw about this once?
[Image: tumblr_m6hd8jjbxc1qmo1ubo1_400.gif]
Inventor of the Shoop smiley
Reply

#27
> compose some ribald limericks about Arty

I Wrote:There once was a psychopath from Nantucket,
Who was pretty freaking crazy...ucket.

You're not good at poems. You don't even know what ribald means.


> wonder if you're actually going to die of hypothermia or something due to Deja jumping in and out of you any which way

I Wrote:You're not entirely sure if Deja's ghosting through you is actually causing you physical harm. It certainly feels like it, but there's not much of a benchmark for the effects of the supernatural on human body temperature.

You decide it's probably best if Deja stays out of your body.


> ask Deja if she can actually control people through possession but NOT TO TEST IT ON YOU

I Wrote:Of course, the other big question that springs to mind in light of these new abilities is the obvious one: Can Deja actually possess things? Or people?

You decide to ask her. She looks thoughtful for a moment, then shrugs yet again.

"Dunno! ... Maybe I'll just have to test it!" She says, suddenly grinning devilishly. You feel a sense of dread.

"Wait... not on me!" You squawk, but it's much too late. She dives at you, vanishing inside your chest.

You're suddenly very cold and horrified at the thought that this is the closest you've been to a woman in quite some time. (A year or more, possibly.)

"Okay, hold on a second, let's just see if this'll work!" She says. "Alright, move his arm! Pow!"

Your arm doesn't move.

"It's not working! Get out of me!" You growl, shuffling back in an attempt to escape.

"No, no, just give me another second!" She replies... using your voice.

"... Hey. Hang on a minute. I sound like a grumpy hungover dude."

"HEY!"

"No shut up and stop trying to control yourself, it's working!" She says in your voice. Suddenly, your hand moves, seemingly of the accord of a ghost possessing you.

"It's working!" She exclaims in delight.

"Great, now get out! Get out! Get oooout!" You reply in a panic, flailing the arm you still have control of wildly.

The reaper finally pops back out of your body, leaving you shaky and gasping. She looks very excited for a moment, and then apologetic at the look on your face.

"It works, I guess. Sorry?"


> if yes go outside and try it on someone random so Deja can have corporeal form

I Wrote:You go and collapse on the couch to recover from that dreadful experience. It seems that she can definitely possess people. You're not sure that you would wish it on anyone.

Deja floats over your head. She still looks guilty, which is a nice change from the rude indifference.

"... So, no on possession?" She asks.

"... No possession." You reply.


> if not ruin someone random's day unexpectedly by yelling and gibbering about death and reapers and... wasn't there a movie or something you saw about this once?

I Wrote:You feel an unexpected urge to go out and yell at some poor stranger about this whole affair. Once your breath returns, you hop to your feet and go to put your shoes on.

"Ah, what're you doing now?" Deja asks, looking confused.

"I think I'm going to go freak out outside." You reply, grabbing your coat from the floor by the door.

"Oh, okay. I'll come too!"

You and Deja have now left your apartment. You're on the ground floor, so it's not long before you're outside.
Catfish
Reply

#28
> Stare longingly at the vending machines just inside the front doors.

> Check your mail slot, just in case something relevant to your interests is contained within it.
[Image: tumblr_inline_mq2g738c7j1qz4rgp.gif]
Reply

#29
> obtain a hat

> yell at a random passerby about Deja and the whole situation in general and then see if being soon-to-be-dead gives you dematerialisation powers by attempting to put your hand through your stomach at high speed

> get grumpy and ask Deja if she can put her hand through her stomach

> tell Deja in no uncertain terms that she is not to help you if you look like you're going to die

> speculate on whether Arty would have felt sorry for you and bought stuff from the vending machines for you within Deja's earshot
[Image: tumblr_m6hd8jjbxc1qmo1ubo1_400.gif]
Inventor of the Shoop smiley
Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)