Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

BBS Movie Night!

(27th Sep 2013, 08:22 PM)Bay Alexison Wrote: Yeah I know there are other games coming out in October. I pointed out X and Y since most of your Tumblr followers and the people here are in the Pokemon fandom and that's something a lot of us might be distracted over for a while (especially in the beginning when all of us will be like, "let's how much we can get through on the first day").

I ... was only talking about X and Y. O_o Sorry to put it like that, but.

Basically, I was saying that the rest of the month wouldn't be that great for people who like to focus on new games as a play style (as in, that's the way that they play new games), and that would be because they'd be focused completely on Pokémon. I mean, sure, you have a point about people trying to get as much done on the first day as possible. What I was saying was that because Pokémon isn't usually something people finish in a day (unless they're interesting levels of dedicated), it wouldn't be surprising if they focused on Gen VI for the rest of the month. If that's the case, then yeah, the rest of the month might not be that much better to schedule around, especially given the fact that many people who would be interested in the film series are still in school.

(Frankly, I haven't heard as much hype about any other game coming out in October besides X and Y, so I'm sort of assuming from the get-go that there's not that much to worry about when it comes to them. It's just that this is a new gen, so.)

But in any case, after a bit of thought, I'll switch Shaun of the Dead with Ghostbusters II, but the other showings will most likely stay the same.
Holmes: Punch me in the face.
Watson: Punch you?
Holmes: Yes! Punch me! In the face! Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.
- Sherlock, "The Scandal in Belgravia"

The girl responsible for this atrocity to mankind. And this one. And these

Urgh, sorry for misunderstanding what you said earlier. When you said "new games" my brain thought there are probably other games besides X and Y others might be playing (only new game I know recently is Grand Thef Auto). Don't know why. -_-

I'm already aware Pokemon is a game that takes several days to finish and yeah we got other stuff going on. Usually though, at least for me, I play quite a bit the beginning and then slow down in the middle. I didn't mention having this whole livestream rescheduled and just Oct 12 as I believe after the initial excitement the first few days we'll be playing our own pace (I apologize if this caused you trouble). I'm fine with the change!
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

On the subject of other new games - There's Wind Waker HD, Ace Attorney actually getting an English release, Sonic Lost Worlds, so there's non-Pokemon stuff too (although certainly Pokemon is the bigger puller from those).

What time zone is it, for confirmation? I am not sure I would be on as uni still sucks, but it's a bit more manageable for the time being (yay week long 'break'...). We shall see!
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

I'm straight, but can I put forward an all-time classic and favourite of mine, "Beautiful Thing"?

Sure, maybe sometime down the line. I'll need to obtain the DVD first.
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.

Hey, peoples! Just so you know, movie night will be delayed until 9:30 PM EST, just because work ran over super-late. Sorry!

However, for those of you who would like to settle in until then, you can find the stream over here!

Butts I missed it! Sadface D: I totally, totally forgot and aww man, Ghostbusters II. Gonna have to put a sticky note on my screen for the 12th.
Δ

Hey, guys! This week's showing will start at 9 PM, just so y'all know. :D

Hey, folks! Casual reminder that there is another screening tonight and that it will start at 9 PM, just like last week's. :D Tonight's viewing will be an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000, followed by one or two of Alien Nine. See you then!

Five minutes to streamtiems~!

And thanks to those of you who popped in this week! Next week, to round off the October film fest, we've got Hocus Pocus, followed by most likely MST3K shorts. Hope to see you then~!

HAY PEEPLES.

Tonight, we have a special treat to wrap up quasi-horror movie month! The first movie will be Hocus Pocus, as mentioned in the schedule, but the second is a little ditty from the magical land of 1977 known as House. As a warning, House is probably the closest thing to a horror film we've got in that it's got a lot of blood going on, but it's extremely cartoonish blood. Still, if you're squeamish, stay only for Hocus Pocus. That is all! :D

Films will begin at 8:30 as usual. See you then!

First movie is in! If you want to join, please feel free to hop into the room. :D