Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

 
Other Pale Luna Smiles Wide

#1
Pale Luna Smiles Wide


Narrator Wrote:You are in a dark room. Moonlight shines through the window.

There is GOLD in the corner, along with a SHOVEL and a ROPE.

There is a DOOR to the EAST.

Command?

>


Show ContentSpoiler:
Holmes: Punch me in the face.
Watson: Punch you?
Holmes: Yes! Punch me! In the face! Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.
- Sherlock, "The Scandal in Belgravia"

The girl responsible for this atrocity to mankind. And this one. And these
Reply

#2
> Get gold, shovel, and rope. Place in inventory like pockets.
Catfish
Reply

#3
> Bite gold

> Sniff air
[Image: tumblr_m6hd8jjbxc1qmo1ubo1_400.gif]
Inventor of the Shoop smiley
Reply

#4
> Get gold, shovel, and rope. Place in inventory like pockets.

Narrator Wrote:You place the GOLD, SHOVEL, and ROPE in your pack. It takes some squeezing, but somehow, you manage. You're good with space like that.

------------

INVENTORY:
* GOLD
* SHOVEL
* ROPE



> Bite gold

Narrator Wrote:You pull GOLD out of your pack. At first, you hesitate, as if the idea of biting the GOLD disgusts you. But you do it anyway because for some reason, it seems like a good idea. Your teeth sink in.

You taste blood.

------------

INVENTORY:
* GOLD (held)
* SHOVEL
* ROPE



> Sniff air

Narrator Wrote:The air smells musty, as if that room had been sealed shut for quite some time. But more importantly and more overpoweringly, the air smells rancid, as if something was left out to decompose.

You realize that although the latter odor is mostly coming from the floor, it's the GOLD that smells the strongest.

Perhaps opening something is in order here.

------------

INVENTORY:
* GOLD (held)
* SHOVEL
* ROPE


Narrator Wrote:Command?

>



Show ContentSpoiler:
Holmes: Punch me in the face.
Watson: Punch you?
Holmes: Yes! Punch me! In the face! Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.
- Sherlock, "The Scandal in Belgravia"

The girl responsible for this atrocity to mankind. And this one. And these
Reply

#5
> Remove gold from inventory and smack it with the shovel just in case it attempts to bite back.

> Cautiously examine and open door to the east.
Catfish
Reply

#6
> open the floor or the gold, depending on which is easier to do

> if anything attempts to attack you, hit it with the shovel.
[Image: tumblr_m6hd8jjbxc1qmo1ubo1_400.gif]
Inventor of the Shoop smiley
Reply

#7
> Drape rope across chest, just to make it a little more accessible.
Wibbly wobbly timey wimey

If this sentence is blue, then you are moving too quickly towards your screen. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP.
Reply

#8
> Attack yourself without using the shovel.
> Try to properly describe the gold.
Reply

#9
> Look out the window. Try to discern your whereabouts. Alternately, if you already opened the door and left the room, just look around and try to discern your whereabouts.
> See what you're wearing. Who knows, maybe you have shoes that could double as weapons or something.
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]








- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -




Reply

#10
> Go back and try to open the window. If it doesn't open, try breaking it with the shovel, but make sure you don't break the shovel.
> Try to discern why the GOLD smells rancid and tastes like blood.
Δ
Reply

#11
Take a real good look at GOLD.
Try to recall why you're here.
Reply

#12
> Remove gold from inventory and smack it with the shovel just in case it attempts to bite back.

Narrator Wrote:You drop the GOLD on the floor, and without hesitation, you proceed to pull your SHOVEL out of your pack and slam it into the GOLD with the broad side of the blade.

Although you were probably aiming for a good tap to beat it into submission, the GOLD breaks beneath the shovel with an audible crack. Every subsequent beating results in a squelch.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (held)
* ROPE



> Cautiously examine and open door to the east.

Narrator Wrote:When you finally tire of beating the GOLD, you turn around to face the door. That end of the room is dark, so you can't make out fine details of what the door looks like. But it's a door.

A perfectly ordinary, wooden door with a perfectly ordinary, brass knob.

Slowly, cautiously, you approach the door. You reach it without incident and pause briefly to listen carefully. There is no sound coming from the other side, and you take that to mean it's safe to open. Your hand drifts down to the knob, and it twists easily in your grip. The door creaks as it opens until you find yourself staring out into a dark stand of trees.

The other side of the door has a series of deep scratches carved into it.

At face height.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (held)
* ROPE



> open the floor or the gold, depending on which is easier to do

Narrator Wrote:The floor is hardwood, so while you could theoretically open it with a well-placed shovel smash, you don't really see the point in doing so.

The GOLD is already open. All over the floor.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (held)
* ROPE



> if anything attempts to attack you, hit it with the shovel.

Narrator Wrote:Nothing is attacking you.

Queue action? (Y/N)

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (held)
* ROPE



> Drape rope across chest, just to make it a little more accessible.

Narrator Wrote:You must untie it first.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (held)
* ROPE



> Attack yourself without using the shovel.

Narrator Wrote:You put your shovel back into your pack and promptly punch yourself in the face. You subsequently see stars flash in front of your eyes.

Well, that was rather silly.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL
* ROPE



> Try to properly describe the gold.

Narrator Wrote:Thanks to the moonlight coming through the window and the light from the open door, you can see strands of the gold glistening on the floor. It snakes across the wood for almost a foot before stopping at split ends to form a fan of pale, brittle gold around a pile of broken ruby and pearl.

By now, you probably realize that your inner monologue is not talking about precious materials.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL
* ROPE



> Look out the window. Try to discern your whereabouts. Alternately, if you already opened the door and left the room, just look around and try to discern your whereabouts.

Narrator Wrote:You haven't yet left the room, so you carefully step over the mess you made on the floor to reach the window. Through it, you see more trees, but the stand is thinner on that side than the side with the door. You can see through the forest, straight to a black field on the other side. Beyond that, you can see the lights of a town in the distance.

A long shadow passes between the trees and vanishes. A very long shadow.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL
* ROPE



> See what you're wearing. Who knows, maybe you have shoes that could double as weapons or something.

Narrator Wrote:You look down at yourself. Jeans. Heavy hiking boots. A gray sweatshirt. You can feel a t-shirt of some kind underneath the latter. You're wearing a leather belt and a digital watch. The watch is apparently broken and only reads 00:00, and it provides a small source of green light -- probably not useful to you.

In your pockets, you find 2 US DOLLARS, 4 US QUARTERS, 1 US DIME, 1 US NICKEL, 1 US PENNY, and a LIGHTER. You have nothing else on you or in your pockets, not even ID.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL
* ROPE
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* PENNY
* LIGHTER



> Go back and try to open the window. If it doesn't open, try breaking it with the shovel, but make sure you don't break the shovel.

Narrator Wrote:The window is a completely ordinary window, although the lock is rusted and the frame is warped due to natural causes. It takes a bit of effort to open the lock and window, but after a few minutes, you do it. Flakes of paint and rust coat your palms.

A cool wind blows through the open window.

The shadow passes through the trees in the opposite direction. It hesitates slightly in its path, as if it noticed something. Shortly afterwards, it vanishes among the trees again.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL
* ROPE
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* PENNY
* LIGHTER



> Try to discern why the GOLD smells rancid and tastes like blood.

Narrator Wrote:You walk back to the GOLD and stare down at the pile.

Yep.

It's still a head.

It's still a badly decomposing head of a little girl.

You can't even dress it up anymore. It's taking all your willpower not to run back to the window, hang halfway out the building, and throw up all over whatever is outside.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL
* ROPE
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* PENNY
* LIGHTER



> Take a real good look at GOLD.

Narrator Wrote:You really don't want to do that again.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL
* ROPE
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* PENNY
* LIGHTER



> Try to recall why you're here.

Narrator Wrote:It finally occurs to you that you can't remember what you were doing before you woke up here, and you certainly don't remember going through any event that would lead up to you being in a shack in the middle of unfamiliar woods with the head of a girl in your possession. In fact, you're pretty sure you can't remember anything about the past day besides what you've gathered since you woke up here.

Well. That might be a little problematic.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL
* ROPE
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* PENNY
* LIGHTER


Narrator Wrote:Command?

>
Holmes: Punch me in the face.
Watson: Punch you?
Holmes: Yes! Punch me! In the face! Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.
- Sherlock, "The Scandal in Belgravia"

The girl responsible for this atrocity to mankind. And this one. And these
Reply

#13
> Queue attack command. In fact, set attacking with shovel to auto for now.

> Close door and window before continuing any other actions.

> Take off watch and put it in your pocket. It's useless and it probably isn't a good idea to have any kind of light source on you.

> Untie rope and adjust it to be more accessible.

> Check your inventory for any other heads disguised as mundane objects.
Catfish
Reply

#14
> Recall your identity

> Put coin in head's mouth

> Maybe reunite the head with the rest of its body

> Try to set head and/or body (if found) on fire

> Pretend that the head is a teddybear
[Image: tumblr_m6hd8jjbxc1qmo1ubo1_400.gif]
Inventor of the Shoop smiley
Reply

#15
> Queue action: Before going outside, make sure to lob the head in the opposite direction using your shovel. It may distract whatever is lurking outside.

> Queue action: If leaving through the door, don't go through it with your face at face-height. Duck.

> Attempt to get a better look at the town, without leaving the building.

> Search your current location for anything that might be useful to combine with a LIGHTER to form a proper source of light - i.e. a TORCH.
Wibbly wobbly timey wimey

If this sentence is blue, then you are moving too quickly towards your screen. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP.
Reply

#16
> I guess these orders go in order of posting, but just in case, do try to make sure the rope is actually a rope and not your subconscious trying to keep you sane by calling something a rope that isn't a rope. Likewise, inspect the shovel in a similar manner. Just in case.

> See if you can maybe lock the door from the inside while you're not removing yourself from the room. I don't think you want to be surprised in here.

> Stand so that you're not visible from the window and see if your digital watch has any spiffy features besides not showing the time.

> Queue action: no matter what anyone tells you, do not bite anything anymore. Especially if it has the facilities to bite you back.

> Check if your jeans actually require your belt to stay up. If not, remove the belt for potential use as a weapon. If yes, lament the fit of your jeans a bit.
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]








- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -




Reply

#17
> Queue attack command. In fact, set attacking with shovel to auto for now.

Narrator Wrote:You decide it would be a good idea to defend yourself, and the shovel is as good a weapon as any.

Attack command queued.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* PENNY
* LIGHTER



> Close door and window before continuing any other actions.

Narrator Wrote:Closing the door and window are easier than opening them, although you'll miss easy access to spaces you wouldn't mind vomiting on.

As you close the door, you notice the shadow pass through the trees again. It looks like it's closer than it had been when it was passing through the forest beyond the window.

You don't think you could have closed that door any quicker than you did right now.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* PENNY
* LIGHTER



> Take off watch and put it in your pocket. It's useless and it probably isn't a good idea to have any kind of light source on you.

Narrator Wrote:You take off your watch and put it in your pocket. As you do so, the numbers flicker and change seemingly randomly.

69:20... 73:65... 65:20... 79:6F... 75:00... 00:00... 00:00... 00:00... 3A:29... 00:00...

After that, it returns to the steady 00:00 display.

Something blocks the moonlight streaming through the window for a few seconds and then moves on.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* PENNY
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH



> Untie rope and adjust it to be more accessible.

Narrator Wrote:You stoop down to untie one end of the rope from between the GOLD's half-crushed jaws. The other end had been tangled around your wrist. You decide to leave it there and wind the rest around your shoulder instead.

You try not to think about what you might have been doing to have the rope arranged the way it was.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* PENNY
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH



> Check your inventory for any other heads disguised as mundane objects.

Narrator Wrote:You check your inventory.

Nope. No heads.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* PENNY
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH



> Recall your identity.

Narrator Wrote:You are _______, a _____ from ______. Your birthday is __/__/____, and you're a _________. You make your living by ______. You enjoy _____, _____, and _____.

Also, you ______ ________ ______ sometimes and _____ ______ ____ ______ ______. There was also that time you ______ ______ _______ with your best friend ______ __________, and the ______ ______ _______ __ _________ still doesn't know how you ______ _______ ___________.

You are a cat person.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* PENNY
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH



> Put coin in head's mouth.

Narrator Wrote:You pull out the PENNY and place it in the GOLD's mouth. You then stand in a moment of silence.

You can hear wind whistling outside.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH



> Maybe reunite the head with the rest of its body.

Narrator Wrote:There is no body.

You can hear soft scratching at the door.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH



> Try to set head and/or body (if found) on fire.

Narrator Wrote:You take out the lighter and stoop down to pick up a lock of GOLD. You use the lighter on the LOCK, and it catches fire in an instant. You stand up at once and look on, watching the GOLD turn into a ball of fire.

It occurs to you that maybe you should have put something not flammable underneath it.

The scratching continues.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH



> Pretend that the head is a teddybear.

Narrator Wrote:You wouldn't want to do this, even if the head wasn't a ball of flames right now.

The floor around it is now on fire.

The scratching sounds louder.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH



> Queue action: Before going outside, make sure to lob the head in the opposite direction using your shovel. It may distract whatever is lurking outside.

Narrator Wrote:While you wouldn't have any objections to this, the GOLD is currently a ball of fire.

The floor around it is now on fire.

The scratching continues.

Action failed.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH



> Queue action: If leaving through the door, don't go through it with your face at face-height. Duck.

Narrator Wrote:Good to keep in mind.

Action queued.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH



> Attempt to get a better look at the town, without leaving the building.

Narrator Wrote:You turn towards the window and peer out it. You can't see much because the trees are in the way and because the town is too distant, but you can see that the nearest buildings seem to be other houses. Those can't be more than a ten-minute walk from where you are.

The fire spreads.

The scratching continues.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH



> Search your current location for anything that might be useful to combine with a LIGHTER to form a proper source of light - i.e. a TORCH.

Narrator Wrote:The floorboards are currently on fire. There may be pieces that you can pick up.

There is nothing else in the room.

The fire spreads.

The scratching continues.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH



> I guess these orders go in order of posting, but just in case, do try to make sure the rope is actually a rope and not your subconscious trying to keep you sane by calling something a rope that isn't a rope. Likewise, inspect the shovel in a similar manner. Just in case.

Narrator Wrote:You look at the ROPE. It's definitely a rope.

You look at the SHOVEL. It's definitely a shovel.

The fire spreads. The room is quickly filling with smoke.

The scratching stops.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* LIGHTER



> See if you can maybe lock the door from the inside while you're not removing yourself from the room. I don't think you want to be surprised in here.

Narrator Wrote:Not now.

There is a fire between you and the door.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH



> Stand so that you're not visible from the window and see if your digital watch has any spiffy features besides not showing the time.

Narrator Wrote:You move away from the window and place yourself in a corner of the room, pressed against the wall as far as you can go. As soon as you're situated, you pull your WATCH from your pocket and examine it. There are buttons on the sides, but pressing these does nothing. As you hold it, however, the numbers flicker and change on their own.

43:4F... 4D:45... 20:4F... 55:54... 20:54... 4F:20... 50:4C... 41:59... 00:00...

It then returns to a steady display of 00:00.

Moonlight stops shining through the window.

The fire spreads.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH (held)



> Queue action: no matter what anyone tells you, do not bite anything anymore. Especially if it has the facilities to bite you back.

Narrator Wrote:Good to know.

Action queued.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH (held)



> Check if your jeans actually require your belt to stay up. If not, remove the belt for potential use as a weapon. If yes, lament the fit of your jeans a bit.

Narrator Wrote:Your jeans are a comfortable fit, so you feel safe removing your BELT. You do so and place it in your inventory.

The fire grows.

------------

INVENTORY:
* SHOVEL (equipped, set to auto-attack)
* ROPE (equipped)
* DOLLAR x2
* QUARTER x4
* DIME
* NICKEL
* LIGHTER
* BROKEN(?) WATCH (held)
* BELT


NOTES:
Show ContentSpoiler:
Holmes: Punch me in the face.
Watson: Punch you?
Holmes: Yes! Punch me! In the face! Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.
- Sherlock, "The Scandal in Belgravia"

The girl responsible for this atrocity to mankind. And this one. And these
Reply

#18
Mia I am displeased with your judgment.

> Okay, so, the something outside is sending you really creepy messages. That's not good. Also the place is on fire, so that's also not good. If you can get to the door, take a burning floorboard and proceed to wield it as a temporary extra weapon as you exit.

> If you can't get to the door, I guess we have to go actually play with whatever creeps outside. Brandish a burning floorboard and open the window. Though looking at how this is going, I sort of doubt the thing will be deterred and/or hurt by fire. You will, however, and therefore you need to get out. Posthaste. Death by creepy may be preferable to death by burning.

> Whichever route you pick, proceed with extreme caution and try not to cause yourself being set on fire again.
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]








- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -




Reply

#19
> Oh balls oh balls put it out
> Failing that, gtfo.
> Shout random numbers from 0-9 and letters from a-f as you run to the next building over.
Δ
Reply

#20
(2nd Mar 2013, 02:44 AM)Latios Wrote: > Shout random numbers from 0-9 and letters from a-f as you run to the next building over.

> Chant the hex code for your favourite colour - maybe that will scare the beastie away.
Wibbly wobbly timey wimey

If this sentence is blue, then you are moving too quickly towards your screen. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP.
Reply



Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread:
1 Guest(s)