Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Mountains Are My Thing

Mountains Are My Thing

The Narrator Wrote:Hello there! Welcome to the world of Pokémon!

You are Red, a Pokémon Trainer. As it happens, you are the Champion of the Kanto Region.

You have been standing on top of Mount Silver for the last five years. Not to be cool, not because you have any good reason at all for standing up here. You just climbed the mountain and stopped. You're chilling.

Occasionally someone climbs up and challenges you to a battle. You haven't been beaten yet, although this is mostly because they get unnerved that you refuse to make eye-contact - eye-contact is big with most trainers - and that you don't say anything.

You're just not a wordy sort of guy.

Recently, something's changed. No-one has brought you food in two days. Not that you've ever actually seen anyone bringing you food - it usually just appears behind you with a rustling noise. You are too much of a badass to actually turn around and look until the footsteps have faded away into the distance. Still, it's probable that someone was looking out for you.

"..."

You need to make up your mind on what you're going to do about this.
Like, maybe you should move.

"..."

Hello?

-------------------

(Red has:
1x Bag,
1x Pokémon party,
1x PokéGear,
1x Champion Clothing,
1x Running Shoes
and 1x The Hat.)

-------------------

Show ContentSpoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m6hd8jjbxc1qmo1ubo1_400.gif]
Inventor of the Shoop smiley

Check your party!

Eat snow to stave off dehydration!
Δ

Order your ditto to transform into a sexy french maid have your hot passionate way with her. *wonk* ;^y

Alternatively if borderline poke beastiality aint your cup of tea then do as as trent suggested and check your party.
"We dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokémon...and we succeeded." ~ Neil Degrasse Sagan

> Check your party!

The Narrator Wrote:You have a sudden urge to check your party, even though you already know full well that this is the team you took to that weird Stadium that one time. Y'know, back when you actually went places.
You never bothered to change it because you went off the PC system when you realised that the guy who runs it is a bit... weird, to say the least. But you are polite, if reticient, so you choose to stop thinking about how you know that.

Even though it's a pretty funny story.

-------------------

(Red's Party:

Raikou Lv.50

Entei Lv.50

Suicune Lv.50

Dragonite Lv.50

Snorlax Lv.50

Espeon Lv.50)

-------------------

> Eat snow to stave off dehydration!

The Narrator Wrote:You've actually just been holding your head back and opening your mouth when you get thirsty for the past five years, but it's still a perfectly good and workable idea! Especially now that you've resolved to move.

"..."

Oh look, you're moving! You walk over to a snowy patch, scoop it up, and put it in your mouth. You are about to chew when your tastebuds remind you that the reason you haven't been scooping it off the ground? Yeah, it's because your Pokémon and the wild Pokémon use this whole area as a toilet.

You spit out the snow.

Now that you're thinking about it, it does kinda smell around here. Maybe you should find a cleaner mountain to chill on!

> Order your ditto to transform into a sexy french maid have your hot passionate way with her. *wonk* ;^y

> Alternatively if borderline poke beastiality aint your cup of tea then do as as trent suggested and check your party.

The Narrator Wrote:Well, you've checked your party already and you don't know who trent is or why he suggested it - you guess it's time to indulge your borderline poké bestiality urges and have your hot passionate way with your Ditto-turned-sexy french maid! Because that is totally your cup of tea.

Unfortunately, you don't have a Ditto in your party and the wild Ditto are unlikely to be obliging.

Urges like these are part of the reason you're cooling your heels on this stupid mountain. Which you should probably get off, if you don't want to starve to death.

Check your surroundings. Because you can move now. Recall reason why you're cooling your heels on this stupid mountain while you look.

> Have Entei warm things up a bit.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

> Check your surroundings. Because you can move now. Recall reason why you're cooling your heels on this stupid mountain while you look.

The Narrator Wrote:You're still standing riiight on top of Mount Silver. You take a moment to check out the panoramic view as you remember that awful week when Gary became a Gym Leader and the League made you go to the PR event.

"..."

You're still in shock from that.

> Have Entei warm things up a bit.

The Narrator Wrote:Entei! You choose Entei! You send out Entei! GO, ENTEI!

"..."

Entei sniffs the air, farts violently in your general direction, destroying its PokéBall - and then it jumps off the edge of Mount Silver.

You watch Entei's firey trail disappear into the distance. You feel a tiny bit betrayed.

You know that the rest of your party is totally loyal and will never abandon you! Right? Of course right! Entei was just an asshole.

Betrayals aside, you do have to admit that it warmed things up a bit.

> Get Suicune out and ride it after that traitorous Entei!
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

> Remember what happened to Pikachu and make sure it wasn't anything nasty or horrible because otherwise the Gods of Pokédom will be displeased with your level of friendship with your Pokémon and you really don't want that to happen.
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

> FLY TO FIORE.
Holmes: Punch me in the face.
Watson: Punch you?
Holmes: Yes! Punch me! In the face! Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.
- Sherlock, "The Scandal in Belgravia"

The girl responsible for this atrocity to mankind. And this one. And these

> Get Suicune out and ride it after that traitorous Entei!

The Narrator Wrote:Suicune is even more traitorous than Entei and leaves you completely soaked and chilled to the bone.
Still standing on the top of Mount Silver, like a dumbass.

"..."

Yes.

> Remember what happened to Pikachu and make sure it wasn't anything nasty or horrible because otherwise the Gods of Pokédom will be displeased with your level of friendship with your Pokémon and you really don't want that to happen.

The Narrator Wrote:See: PR Event, Gary.

You refuse to think about this. It's probably not that bad, in retrospect, but it's a matter of principle now. Your entire existence depends on not revealing the story behind this.

People would laugh at you!

> FLY TO FIORE.

The Narrator Wrote:You stand there, shivering, on the top of Mount Silver and you wonder why exactly you want to fly to Fiore.
You decide you may as well indulge your urge!

GO, DRAGONITE!

You send out Dragonite and you're about to command it to use Fly when it flies of its own volition.

You barely dodge the Hidden Power it uses to take out the ball.

Looks like you'll be walking to Fiore!

And as you walk to the entrance of the cave that will take you to the bottom of Mount Silver, you curse the false friends that have left you here.

Show ContentSpoiler:

> Have Espeon teleport you to the last pokémon center you visited. If it tries anything funny like escaping, return it to its ball immediately.
Δ

> Have Espeon teleport you to the last pokémon center you visited. If it tries anything funny like escaping, return it to its ball immediately.

The Narrator Wrote:-- error --
Espeon doesn't know Teleport!
--/error --

You resolve to teach Espeon Teleport at the earliest opportunity, never mind that your Espeon has a pretty damn good moveset as it is! Or at least, you think so. Every monster you have ever trained has a good moveset.
It comes with being the Champion.
Unless you're Cynthia, in which case you feed your team illegal steroids.

Maybe you'll find a move tutor on the way to Fiore!

Show ContentSpoiler:

> Stumble upon a Move Tutor by luck/accident.
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]

> Stumble upon a Move Tutor by luck/accident.

The Narrator Wrote:As you walk into Mount Silver and a wave of dank cave atmosphere hits you, it manages to awaken your latent luck-warrior skills! Somewhere, in a galaxy far, far away, a Rodian named Greedo rolls the dice.

They come out as a perfect 21.

The dimensions align and the hyperspace bypass is cancelled!

A small Move Tutor appears directly in front of you, lying in your path.

"..."

You stumble upon him. Your foot connects rather hard with the side of his head. He makes a disappointed noise, one that lets you know simulateously how much hope he had for you and how saddened he is by your apparently innate violence.

Then he disappears, probably forever.

Somewhere, a star explodes, engulfing the planet and immolating every member of every one of the thirty-four intelligent and entirely peaceful, fun-loving races that inhabited it.

You are struck by a sudden feeling of inescapable loneliness.

Good going, asshole.

> Contemplate the meaning of the universe.
Holmes: Punch me in the face.
Watson: Punch you?
Holmes: Yes! Punch me! In the face! Didn't you hear me?
Watson: I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.
- Sherlock, "The Scandal in Belgravia"

The girl responsible for this atrocity to mankind. And this one. And these

Drive espeon further into depression and insecurity by again hinting that you would have preferred an umbreon.
"We dreamed of creating the world's strongest Pokémon...and we succeeded." ~ Neil Degrasse Sagan

> Contemplate the meaning of the universe.

The Narrator Wrote:You hear a fridge opening, though there is no fridge anywhere near you. You stop in the entrance to the cave and cock an ear in the direction of the sound.

A minor and a major chord are struck and you suddenly have the impression that Eric Idle is giving a solo performance inside your head.

This song is not going away any time soon. At least, not unless you count the heat death of the universe as being "soon".

It makes you feel a bit better about being betrayed by Pokémon you considered your friends, though.

-------------------

(Red recieved:
1x Monty Python Cochlear Implant
w/ Comprehensive Directory Of Annoying Noises.)

-------------------

> Drive espeon further into depression and insecurity by again hinting that you would have preferred an umbreon.

The Narrator Wrote:You don't need to hint that you would have preferred an Umbreon, it's the complete and utter truth.

At least if you had picked an Umbreon you might not have ended up with the SNOOTY FREAKING BASTARD that this Espeon has turned out to be.

You don't deny that Espeon is strong; you trained him. But he is most certainly an asshole.

You are exceedingly definite about that, to the point of making the Narrator wish that they could post what you are actually saying.
It would be a crash course in choice words and phrases to use on an enemy you don't even care about alienating any more because you hate him THAT MUCH.

It only serves to aggravate you even more that Espeon seems to take your hatred of him as some kind of perverse moral victory over you.

It's all Gary's fault. He did something to that poor Eevee that you hope the world will never see again.

You would release Espeon - and you've thought about it! - but whenever you focus on it, your mind starts wandering to how sexy Ditto are and how you should breed with one immediately. You've never actually noticed that it's Espeon manipulating your mind. If you did, you'd probably -

You suddenly realise that you know how to overcome your overwhelming feeling of loneliness.

It's time to catch a Ditto.
Show ContentSpoiler:

> Walk to Vermillion City

Show ContentSpoiler:
[Image: skyandbalincopy.png]
“Now my friends, I think this calls for a toast. We’re embarking on something truly great here. Be prepared for what’s coming.”

[Avatar found image at LJ] [The Black Cat's Stains: My gallery] [The Ruin Maniac: My ASB-Neo Trainer Profile]
[Nothing, Everything and Heart of the Sea (coming soon): My stories]