Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

The BBS Minecraft Server!

I second the motion for a town around the spawn point. It should have walls and lots of torches, and a library with an enchanting table and a roller coaster and and and... I like building towers and halls, so maybe I'll pop in at some point and do something like that. My current computer is tiny and old and a Linux, so I'll have to see if Minecraft runs on it at all first, but we'll see I guess!
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Posting here because bobandbill told me about this. We were talking about Minecraft because I like talking about Minecraft. I got the game only a few weeks ago, and enjoy it because there always seems to be something to do. I haven't really gotten into servers yet, but I figure this will be a good one to join.

I'm not really that good at building anything, but I like to try. If there's anything that we'd like to work on for spawn or anything like that, I'm willing to help.

Username: ninja_asty

I've added you to the whitelist, Astinus. =)
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

I started renovating the veggie farm by spawn on that point, so I think it looks a bit better (although maybe later I'll replace the dirt walls). I guess one can just start anything they want for around spawn now.

So where do you guys want the roller coaster? I could build it inside its own building. Does anyone have gold to spare as I'll need it to start the roller coaster. I can't find any. I hope no one minds, but I took some iron from a few chests and started camping out in this really cool looking house made out of wood with a smooth stone wall around its perimeter.

That house might be abandoned from someone who was never on these forums, actually, if memory serves. So go for it. =p Maybe we'll convert it or use it for a general use purpose.

Well the roller coaster is finished. It's not my best work, but our server officially has a ride. I hope you guys like it and it is located on the hill by the garden. It's kind of hard to miss. :P

We're missing a lot of iron, so I apologize. It took a couple hours, but it was fun. Designing roller coasters is actually what I want to do with my life.

Managed to hop on for a bit, and it seems to work for myself (albeit a bit of lag due to my net connection, but hey!). Nice work.

Did a touch of cleaning up with the ground so it looks neater, but there's more to do on that aspect.

Buuuuump

Who is using this regularly now, or will when they get more time as the Christmas break nears?

A couple things - the server is fully updated and all, but given the jump to 1.7.2, there's still work to be done by people making the multiplayer additions, so the server is stuck on vanilla atm. You can still teleport via /tp, but no /home or /spawn it seems.

The town needs some more development too!

Also! Maybe once stuff is added, we can consider a linked new world (or a teleport point by spawn to a new location if we find one), to take advantage of new biomes in 1.7.2 update. Thoughts?

Sorry, but my internet prevents such action, but you can be sure next time I stay over at my cousin's house for an extended period of time, I'll be on! :D

Starting January, when I'll have graduated but still have a while to go before my big over-puddle move, I will definitely be playing more of this. Minecraft is so much more fun on a server, where you can build things others can see. So, count me in.

In terms of updating, I'm cool with anything. My house isn't anything fancy atm at all, so I can definitely bear to part with it, should that be necessary (heck, I'm not even sure I can still find it, really!). Teleporty location sounds like a nice idea too, since we could set a couple up in different places then.

Btw, does anyone know if the Aether mod is available for multiplayer? I've seen a lot about it, and it looks totally awesome, if not necessarily something I'd like to brave on my own, lol.
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

BUMP

Given we have a posting blitz, I figured it may be neat if we also advertise this, and even offer people a small number of points for logging into the server!

If you haven't already been on, you'll need to post here first though so you can be whitelisted.

Bumpity! :D

If you head due west of spawn for quite a while (I think, I'll check next time I'm on the server XD), you'll come across a project I have been working on. It's very big; you'll DEFINITELY know it when you see it! And fans of Zelda, specifically Ocarina of Time, will hopefully be able to recognise it! I'd estimate it at ~60% complete as of this evening!

Come visit if you can be bothered! I work on it whenever I have free time from uni and feel like sitting still for hours at a time!

(Look bobandbill, I'm helping! :B)
[Image: tumblr_inline_mq2g738c7j1qz4rgp.gif]

Hey everyone! Yoda here again! ;D

I'm pleased to announce that the model of the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time, built by yours truly, is now complete! Please come and have a look if you have a chance!

Co-ordinates XYZ are: 141.300/63.000/703.474 for the spot at the very beginning of the Sacred Forest Meadow. If you happen to visit while in survival mode, be careful! While most of the rooms are well-lit, a structure of such a scale can leave gaps for spiders, skeletons and zombies (and the occasional enderman, too!)

Here, have some screenshots! :D
[Image: hkfTkrRl.png]

[Image: r9ZKboYl.png]

[Image: qop4YgGl.png]

[Image: bieASVhl.png]

[Image: Y1N02WZl.png]

[Image: UkTzvVIl.png]

I hope y'all enjoy! I had a heck of a fun time building it, haha
[Image: tumblr_inline_mq2g738c7j1qz4rgp.gif]