Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Writing rally?

We all have those times when we don't write quite as much as we'd want to. Sometimes they stretch beyond what's reasonable, and it can be quite hard to get back to the swing of things. Or, maybe you've got an old fic stashed away somewhere that you'd like to revise, or just an idea that's been cooking in your head for years... That's when writing rallies come in handy.

Basically, the idea is that there would be incentives for posting creative writing, incentives for reviewing, and possibly incentives for posting in other creative threads. This would provide you not only with extra reasons to write and start posting, but also more feedback, and more support in your brainstorming and "argh I don't know what to do now" etc. We could also assign each participant as a kind of beta reader to another participant with similar interests/similar story so that you get feedback more consistently, but I'm not sure of that yet. At least we could put a beta reader thread in place.

So, in short: let's get those stories out of your head and into the open, and let's activate the reviewer base here a bit!

So, what do you guys think? Do we have any interest in an event/permanent system like this? What should the incentives be like? Should we be dishing out points, some kind of emblems, freebies from the official store, or something else entirely? Post here and tell us what would make you take a bull by the horns and get stuff written and posted, or get you reviewing other's stuff? Are you interested in participating in the first place? All comments and opinions are welcome!
[Image: sentretsig_zps54cdacf8.png]

- The Sentret Moderator -
- Reads, writes and draws -
- The resident fan of Sentret -
- Also in charge of some stuff -

Quote:So, what do you guys think? Do we have any interest in an event/permanent system like this?
Frequent events, I'd say as a permanent system.
Quote:What should the incentives be like? Should we be dishing out points, some kind of emblems, freebies from the official store, or something else entirely?
Points, every so often something nicer too.
Quote:Post here and tell us what would make you take a bull by the horns and get stuff written and posted, or get you reviewing other's stuff?
Other people participating! No point doing it if it's just yourself. I don't care too much about the other stuff tbh, I just want activity.
[Image: suisdbsf.png]
By TwilightBlade of PC. =D

I don't really know about all the points and such but I would like to write more! And maybe discuss it with people and have word wars and stuff like that? We could have prompts and write-off competitions and stuff to encourage writing. Write writing write with the write.
Δ

I know this is pretty old, but if the interest is still there, I would like to participate!