Archive for December, 2013

Conspiracy: Hats Make the Hero

Monday, December 30th, 2013

You’ve got to listen to me. I mean it this time too. I found out the reason for the successes for all those new Champions that have cropped up of late. And it’s not some secret training regieme or techniques. These aren’t a bunch of child geniuses that just happened to spring up these last few years.

It’s the fact that they all wear headwear. And I believe it’s the reason why they’re so- hey, don’t click away now!

[Image: il_340x270.458651158_4uai.jpg]
Such terrible power is contained here. Really.
(more…)

Pidove/Tranquill/Unfezant Works!

Thursday, December 19th, 2013

As before, we end our articles on the Pidove line with a collection of fanworks of the Pokémon! While Tranquill suffers from being the middle bird of the ever-present token Normal/Flying bird of a generation, we even managed to find a few nice pieces for you to enjoy of that stage. Meanwhile, given the two gendered forms of Unfezant, there was a lot to choose from for that Pokémon!

Follow the links to visit the source page for the work, and maybe see if any other works by the artists catch your interest too!

(more…)

Pokémeme Extravaganza!

Sunday, December 8th, 2013

When it comes to memes, the Pokemon fandom reigns supreme. Not only is the Pokemon fandom one of the biggest fandoms out there, but there are a lot of reasons to poke fun at the franchise. One way many people do this is by the use of memes. From Ash’s weird ability to never learn anything to empty Pokedexes, the range of topics for these memes are enormous. Much too broad for the scope of one simple article. Instead, we’ll be diving into some of the more popular trends and just how these exactly came to be.

(more…)

The Name Rater: Pidove/Tranquil/Unfezant

Sunday, December 1st, 2013

Welcome! Here I am, the… Name Rater. Yes, it says it right here on this name tag. But where did I get it from…oh, no matter.

I’ve grown tired of trying to come up with nicknames for every person in Goldenrod going by this phone record book, so I decided I’ll humour you but rating your offerings for the Pidove line. And I heard that they’re letting Pokémon have longer nicknames now. I suppose that allows for more possibilities!

(more…)