Archive for June, 2013

Nicknames for Lotad, Lombre and Ludicolo!

Saturday, June 29th, 2013

A while ago, we wrote the article on the Lotad line, and now the Name Rater wants to see what you can come up with in regards to names for these Pokémon! After all, he’s gotten rather bored with the lack of names to rate since the naming of Wyatt, our Wynaut mascot. He’s even been seen talking to jars of pickles to help pass the time.

Leave a comment suggesting a name or few for each of these Pokemon. You have at least a week to do so, so get them in!

EDIT: Now closed! If you wish to see the names below rated, click the next article link at the top of the page!

Top 10 members of villainous Teams

Wednesday, June 26th, 2013

Just so you know, avid readers, there will be spoilers in this article for pretty much everything Pokemon related. You have been warned.

Hello, all you little FIGHTAMANIACS! I’m back for another look at the wonderful world of Pokemon. Now, if you know me, you know I’m an avid supporter of Teams Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Snagem, Galactic and Plasma. I always feel bad when I mow down a grunt for a Team I love, so I thought I’d make up for it by counting down the top ten members of villainous teams. Keep it in mind when you read this that I’m not sticking to one canon. Characters from the anime, games, and manga are present on this list. I didn’t really have a specific criteria when I made this list. As such, the characters aren’t here because they all have varying levels of a certain quality, it’s mostly just based off of opinion.

(more…)

The Mystery of the Three Musketeers

Friday, June 14th, 2013

Before I start, I’d just like to let you know that there are MAJOR spoilers for the Pokemon anime, games, and the Pokemon Adventures manga. You’ve been warned.

The Three Musketeers? I know, you’re wondering who I’m talking about. I’ll be doing a comparison of the three main characters of the Pokemon franchise: Ash from the anime, Red from the games, and Red from the Pokemon Adventures manga. Now, let me start off by saying that these are not all the same character. Many people think that you play as Ash in RBY/FRLG, as the design for Ash and Red is very similar. Same with Red from the games and Red from the manga. However, all three of these trainers differ in amounts of skill, personalities, back stories, and many other aspects.

(more…)

Tawada’s Song

Thursday, June 6th, 2013

Pokémon as a franchise is fairly large. Not only does it have the main game series by Game Freak that churns out a game every two years at worst for a good while, it has a large number of spinoff titles to complement that list. It also has the anime series coupled with it. Given all that, one can imagine the number of staff working on the music of the series.

Among the bunch, there has been one music composer which has popped up on the credits list for a few spinoff games for Pokemon. He is Tsukasa Tawada. He’s been in the music business for the video game industry for many years, but a curiosity of his work that has only cropped up in Pokémon titles is a short tune that appears time and time again.
(more…)