Archive for May, 2013

Top 10 Creepiest Pokémon

Thursday, May 30th, 2013

When most people think of Pokémon, they usually think it’s just a kids’ game. I mean, we have all these cute little colorful critters to befriend, and then you have friendly battles with other kids with your pocket monster buddies. The more famous Pokémon are often just these kinds of Pokémon. You’ve got Pikachu, Eevee, all the adorable starter Pokémon, Jigglypuff, Mew…

Some Pokémon, of course, look a bit scarier. There’s various dragons, like Garchomp or Dialga, that look like they might actually startle you if you saw them in real life. There’s human-sized insects and other mildly unsettling design choices. But overall, it’s still a pretty friendly game. There’s nothing really scary there, right? It’s all perfectly suitable for kids.

…And then you go read the Pokédex entries for some of the perfectly nice-looking, unimposing Pokémon you’ve collected during your fantastic, happy travels, and suddenly the world isn’t such a friendly place anymore. And this isn’t just about Ghost-type Pokémon, or even just about Dark-types. There are some seriously creepy Pokémon out there, and they come in all shapes and sizes. Here is my pick of the top ten creepiest ones.
(more…)

Why doesn’t Ash age?

Friday, May 3rd, 2013

Whether or not you watch the anime, there is one question you’ve probably heard of or discussed and that question will be answered right now! Why doesn’t Ash age? All throughout the series Ash remains ten years old. As I dug around and asked some friends on their thoughts on the subject, I found some legitimate, funny, and just plain disturbing answers to this puzzling question.

[Image: 43_entrenadorpokemon.jpg]
Well at least his hat changed.

(more…)