Archive for the ‘Gym Reviews’ Category

Gym Reviews: Hoenn

Wednesday, February 25th, 2015

Greetings again! The name’s Bill, and I’m the current owner of Brick ‘n’ Break. If you didn’t hear of us before then you should have, for we’re the blokes behind all those Gym puzzles! The Gym Leaders come up with the plans, and we make it happen, no matter how impossible or stupid the idea. It’s their money, after all!

I’ve written previously about the Gyms we worked on in Kanto, and again in Johto. Well, I was first in charge when we were giving the Hoenn region a tour. Read on to see what I made of each construction challenge!

(more…)

Gym Reviews: Johto

Sunday, May 4th, 2014

Hello, readers. My name’s Bill, and I’ve been running the operations of Brick ‘n’ Break for the last few years. And we’re the best of the best. Well, the best available anyways. That’s what our logo says after all.

You may have read my recount of how we made all those Gyms we constructed in Kanto. The Gym Leaders supply the plans, and we make it happen, no matter how wacky or insipid the idea. This time, I’ll take you through our creations within the Johto region.
(more…)

Gym Reviews: Kanto

Monday, November 4th, 2013

Hello, readers. My name’s Bill, and I’ve been running the operations of the construction company Brick ‘n’ Break for the last few years. And we’re the best of the best. Well, the best available anyways. The Leagues seem to think we’re the best, so that’s what counts.

You see, we’re the crew responsible for setting up those Gym puzzles you Trainers have to navigate to get to that Gym Leader. Not that we came up with the layout ideas. No, that’s up to those fickle Gym Leaders. But we work around their requests and make a new creation every few years or so for them, on request of the Leagues. And let me tell you, if you’re looking for a career in construction work, any work sanctioned by the League works out very well on the financial side. Maybe not so much in health cover, but those are the risks that come with the job!

This here’s my own personal recount on what we did for each of the Gyms, starting with the Kantonian Gyms. For a number of these I talk about two designs, as the Leagues request we perform maintenance and sometimes entire updates every so often if the Gym Leaders want something new. Some say that’s hardly cost effective, but there’s some reasons for that. An older Gym design gets around after a while, and trainers can just go look it up on the internet and walk straight in with a plan in place. And Gym Leaders hate that sort of thing.

(more…)